Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ed_wheeley

Two big mysteries for me this week are ULM -18 @ Tulane and VT -6.5 vs Cincy. I'm honestly higher on ULM to cover than I am on VT. Anybody else have any thoughts?

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 26, 2012, 07:21:09 pm
That Mizzou / UCF line seems like a trap.

my thoughts exactly. I saw it and immediately thought "something is up".

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 26, 2012, 05:35:34 pm
Two big mysteries for me this week are ULM -18 @ Tulane and VT -6.5 vs Cincy. I'm honestly higher on ULM to cover than I am on VT. Anybody else have any thoughts?

I love VT laying the points, but ULM should cover easily also. Im going to add that one to my week.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

ed_wheeley

September 26, 2012, 09:45:43 pm #1253 Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:06:06 pm by ed_wheeley
Quote from: McKdaddy on September 26, 2012, 07:21:09 pm
That Mizzou / UCF line seems like a trap.

Yeah I'm not touching that game.

I'll give and take a little bit more, though. I like Northwestern -11 at home against Indiana. They've beaten BC, Vanderbilt, and Syracuse on the road. If Northwestern wins they move to 5-0 and have a solid argument for being ranked. I see them running all over the Hoosiers.

I also cannot emphasize how much I like LaTech -2.5 @ Virginia. They're averaging 55 points/game and 7.2 yards per play against a team that gives up 6 yards/play. In my opinion they have no trouble moving the ball and covering that spread.

Now, Ohio State +3 @ Michigan State... I personally picked OSU, any thoughts?

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 26, 2012, 09:45:43 pm
Yeah I'm not touching that game.

I'll give and take a little bit more, though. I like Northwestern -11 at home against Indiana. They've beaten BC, Vanderbilt, and Syracuse on the road. If Northwestern wins they move to 5-0 and have a solid argument for being ranked. I see them running all over the Hoosiers.

I also cannot emphasize how much I like LaTech -2.5 @ Virginia. They're averaging 55 points/game and 7.2 yards per play against a team that gives up 6 yards/play. In my opinion they have no trouble moving the ball and covering that spread.

Now, Ohio State +3 @ Michigan State... I personally picked OSU, any thoughts?

I really like your Ohio State pick.  I think they are over-rated, big time.  They could hardly score on Boise State, and I like Ohio State's D.  Also Ohio State has a pretty darn good O.  I like the bet.

ed_wheeley

Well, Huck Pig, I guess great minds think alike. It seems like a no-brainer that Stanford should cover -6.5 tonight against Washington, considering what they've done to them the last two times. Even without Luck it looks like Stanford runs all over them all night.

Huckleberry Pig

ok here are all my bets this week:

$72.50 6 team parlay - pays $2,900 (note this was all bonus money, wouldnt do this with my own money):

Stanford (-7) @ Washington

Texas A&M (-13.5) vs Arkansas

Clemson (-9.5) @ Boston College

Florida State (-17) @ South Florida

Texas (-2.5) @ Oklahoma State

TCU (-16.5) @ SMU

$35 5 team parlay, pays $875 (note: this was done before the 6 team parlay and with my own money):

Texas A&M (-13.5) vs Arkansas

Clemson (-9.5) @ Boston College

Florida State (-16) @ South Florida

Texas (-2.5) @ Oklahoma State

TCU (-18) @ SMU

Regular bets:

Texas (-2.5) @ Oklahoma State -- 7 units

Clemson (-9.5) @ Boston College -- 8 units

Texas A&M (-13.5) vs Arkansas -- 4 units

Wish me luck!

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 24, 2012, 06:54:48 am
On the sips early this week, -2.5

I've added.....

Navy  +2.5
Nebraska  -11.5
VaTech  -6.5

ed_wheeley

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 27, 2012, 11:00:52 am
I've added.....

Navy  +2.5
Nebraska  -11.5
VaTech  -6.5

I have a feeling that Nebraska will easily cover that line. I'm becoming more and more wary of VT though.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 27, 2012, 10:53:39 am
Well, Huck Pig, I guess great minds think alike. It seems like a no-brainer that Stanford should cover -6.5 tonight against Washington, considering what they've done to them the last two times. Even without Luck it looks like Stanford runs all over them all night.

unfortunately i got them at -7, would have loved the -6.5 line but i think they take care of business and win by 10 or more.  Stepfan Taylor ran all over them last year, expect the same this year.  stingy D to go along with that running game

Blutoblutarsky

I like the Browns tonight. Don't ask why. +12 and the Ravens coming off a Sunday Night game. Taking the huskies +7.5(what my site has them at). They'll stack the box and make Stanfords young QB throw. 21-17 type game

ed_wheeley

I don't think stacking the box will do much against Stepfan Taylor. Stanford is more balanced than LSU on offense, as well. As long as their D creates a few turnovers and they limit their own, this one works out well in Stanford's favor.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 27, 2012, 12:39:11 pm
I don't think stacking the box will do much against Stepfan Taylor. Stanford is more balanced than LSU on offense, as well. As long as their D creates a few turnovers and they limit their own, this one works out well in Stanford's favor.

I agree with this... course we've both been wrong before, thats why they call it gambling

ed_wheeley

I just looked it up, Stanford is tied for 6th nationally in turnover margin, +6 with a 3/1 ratio.

Alas, Arkansas is dead last. 2/12

DadVader1

Added:
Georgia -13.5 v. Tenn (4 units)
Bama -29.5 v. Ole Miss (1 unit)

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 27, 2012, 12:39:11 pm

Taking Washington +7.5 for a hundy

DadVader1

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on September 27, 2012, 02:35:54 pm
Taking Washington +7.5 for a hundy

I took Stanford at -6.  Hopefully, they thread the needle, win by 7, and we win on both sides of that game.

Huckleberry Pig

Huckleberry Pig

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/game-predictions-092712

ESPN's predictions for the weekend.  I like reading as many of these from different sources as i can to get a feel for some of the games.  Thought I'd share

ed_wheeley

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 27, 2012, 03:25:52 pm
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/game-predictions-092712

ESPN's predictions for the weekend.  I like reading as many of these from different sources as i can to get a feel for some of the games.  Thought I'd share

Interesting that both bloggers took the points on Oregon State. Interesting in the sense that Oregon St seems to be the consensus favorite in that game except in the minds of book keepers.

If anyone wants an update, I just noticed some line changes just in the last few minutes.

Arkansas-AM moved to 14.5
Clemson-BC 8
Mizzou-UCF 3
ULM-Tulane 19

SPAL

September 27, 2012, 06:31:33 pm #1270 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:38:24 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Terrible weekend . Will update later. Stanford -7 tonight......L

YTD RECORD 23-18

Dr. Starcs

Backing out of Minnesota +6 against Iowa. Gophers qb doubtful for the game. Gophers still getting 7 points. I felt pretty confident about it before, but too uninformed to stay with it.

Huckleberry Pig

clemson now down to -7?!

i am SHOCKED.  looked for injuries, didnt find any.  I dont see how Boston College keeps up... i would be all over this if i hadnt already made my bets. 

McKdaddy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 27, 2012, 07:03:13 pm
clemson now down to -7?!

i am SHOCKED.  looked for injuries, didnt find any.  I dont see how Boston College keeps up... i would be all over this if i hadnt already made my bets. 

Sammy Watkins out w/ a virus

WILL CLINTON

I'm such a degenerate. I just bet these:

Stanford -.5 for the 3rd qtr....1*
Stanford -3.5 for the rest of the game....1*

I am also adding:

Texas -2.5....1*
Clemson -7....1*

to my week.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 27, 2012, 09:42:29 pm
son of a...

I wouldn't worry, they beat Auburn without him, they ought to be able to handle BC, I've got them by about 10.

Dr. Starcs

Well, rats. Since the Watkins injury, I'll stick with Clemson but I'll take them -7 instead of -11.

McKdaddy

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 27, 2012, 10:04:12 pm
I wouldn't worry, they beat Auburn without him, they ought to be able to handle BC,

Agreed

WILL CLINTON

As I was typing this post to pat myself on the back, Wash scores with :00 on the clock for the 3rd qtr.

FML

Blutoblutarsky

Hit The Browns +13 for a bill. My logic behind taking them was 5-0 ATS their last 5.  And 13 is quite a few to be giving a division rival. Hoping UW keeps it within 7

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on September 27, 2012, 10:53:58 pm
Hit The Browns +13 for a bill. My logic behind taking them was 5-0 ATS their last 5.  And 13 is quite a few to be giving a division rival. Hoping UW keeps it within 7

You got that locked up bro. Count yo $$$.

WILL CLINTON

September 27, 2012, 11:17:14 pm #1282 Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:19:29 pm by WILL CLINTON
WOW...

After going up 13-3 in the 3rd with moments to go, Stanford has given up 2 TD's and an INT to seal it up for Washington. Amazing. Hate to start off the weekend 0-2 down $340.

And to rub salt in the wound, Sark just said "they are going offsides right here", and wouldn't you know it. Got the DL to jump.

Huckleberry Pig

hey stanford, thanks for sucking bad.  i'd at least to START the weekend thinking i have a chance.  F the pac 12.

ed_wheeley

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 27, 2012, 11:17:14 pm
WOW...

After going up 13-3 in the 3rd with moments to go, Stanford has given up 2 TD's and an INT to seal it up for Washington. Amazing. Hate to start off the weekend 0-2 down $340.

And to rub salt in the wound, Sark just said "they are going offsides right here", and wouldn't you know it. Got the DL to jump.

Jeez I felt bad for losing $20 on the game. Thanks Willy for making me feel just a tad bit better! But yes, this time last week I was riding nice and high on picking the Kent St. and Boise games accurately. Now I feel bad about every bet I made.

Huckleberry Pig

Stanford, with two weeks to prepare and after putting up 21 on USC, is unable to score an offensive TD on Washington... I'm sorry, but WTH were the coaches doing for 2 weeks, drawing plays in the dirt?

oh well, at least the money i lost was the house's to begin with.  still like my bets for the weekend

razorjack12

ed_wheeley

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 28, 2012, 08:29:49 am
Stanford, with two weeks to prepare and after putting up 21 on USC, is unable to score an offensive TD on Washington... I'm sorry, but WTH were the coaches doing for 2 weeks, drawing plays in the dirt?

oh well, at least the money i lost was the house's to begin with.  still like my bets for the weekend

Nunes was just a dud, nothing going on at all.

Did anyone catch Cowherd's picks today? I got his last two NFL picks, SF -4.5, Oakland +7

I had to get out of my car and head to class but I'm really interested in his college picks. Does he post them online?

Huckleberry Pig

i know he posts his blazing 5 online but i'm not sure on his other pic's.  He tends to be pretty good.  ESPN does a weekly pick on their website and those guys are pretty darn good too.  i have the link for the espn picks posted near the top of this page

Blutoblutarsky

Anyone touching the BYU-Hawaii game? Belive the line is -25 BYU

ed_wheeley

I took the points, pretty confident. BYU's offense just hasn't impressed me at all this season.

yraciv

September 28, 2012, 08:44:19 pm #1291 Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:22:16 pm by yraciv
YTD: 22-16-1, -2.5 units

Record still strong, let's see if I can figure out how to hit a top play now.

4 units:
Clemson -7 W

2 units:
Alabama -30 L
V Tech -6.5 L
TCU -15 L

1 unit:
Texas -2.5 W
AR State +3 L

Dr. Starcs

Thinking of adding bama -30 over ole miss. How confident are you guys in that one?

yraciv

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 28, 2012, 11:19:47 pm
Thinking of adding bama -30 over ole miss. How confident are you guys in that one?

They'll win by how many Saban wants. I can't imagine that to be less than 30, but I could see them calling off the dogs at 35 and Ole Miss getting a meaningless TD to cover. I'm still play it though, so I think he more than likely calls it off at 40+.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Tenner +14.5 / 5 units
Clemson -7 / 5 units
W Va -9.5 / 4 units
Ohio St +3 / 3 units
Louisville -9.5 / 5 units
Let's make some waves.

Dr. Starcs

SPAL

September 29, 2012, 11:06:20 am #1296 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:44:14 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Va tech -6..........L
Texas -2...........W
Indiana +12.......L
Minn/Iowa u46...W
Tenn/ga u58.......L
SpRty -2.............L

2-4

YTD RECORD 25-22

WILL CLINTON

McKdaddy

WILL CLINTON

September 30, 2012, 01:50:31 am #1299 Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:52:11 am by WILL CLINTON
Losses:
VTech -7....2*
Stanford -.5 for the 3rd qtr....1*
Stanford -3.5 for the rest of the game....1*

Wins:
Texas -2.5....1*
Clemson -7....1*
Penn St +1.5....1*
Miami -2.5....2*
Arizona St +2.5....1*
Texas A&M -13.5....3*
ULM -18....2*
Texas tech -1....1*
Oregon st +3....1*

2012-2013 CFB
  Record 24-17-0 (59%)    Profit  $2602    Bankroll $4602    ROI 130%

I didn't put a weight on the Texas Tech or Oregon St games I added late, so I'm just gonna take 1* on both.  I honestly thought I took Oregon St -3, so I thought I pushed. But when I checked, it was Oregon St +3, so it was a win.  Don't know when I've ever had a day like this. Next week I'll probably go 1-9 instead of 9-1.

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 27, 2012, 10:55:08 am
Texas (-2.5) @ Oklahoma State -- 7 units
Clemson (-9.5) @ Boston College -- 8 units
Texas A&M (-13.5) vs Arkansas -- 4 units
Wish me luck!

Very nice day my friend. outside of the parlays, being up 19 units is always a plus.