Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting Stat Site

Started by Jam, September 13, 2006, 12:49:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam

Don't know if this site has been posted before, but here is an interesting format to view stats for the Hogs and other teams

http://www.cfbstats.com/2006/team/31/index.html
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

hawgabilly

Good site very interesting.  Especially to see how other teams playcalling trends.
Looks like most winning teams like to run the ball, too.

jackwalker

Quote from: hawgabilly on September 13, 2006, 01:42:31 pm
Good site very interesting.  Especially to see how other teams playcalling trends.

::)
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

wishyjoshy

Take a guess at which team in the SEC had the LEAST amount of completions last year.  Mississippi St. or Arkansas. Guess.

wishyjoshy

I'll even throw in Arkansas State on the last question. 

jagoodwin1953

wishyjoshy

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Jam

Quote from: JFen on September 13, 2006, 02:01:24 pm

Take a guess at which team in the SEC had the LEAST amount of completions last year.  Mississippi St. or Arkansas. Guess.

I didn't post the link to create another "take a jab at Nutt" thread, but its funny how you didn't mention it shows that on 3rd down last year, we ran the ball 66 times and passed the ball 91 times.  Doesn't seem to fit all the "we always run the freakin' draw on 3rd down" posts, does it....
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

jackwalker

Quote from: Jam on September 13, 2006, 03:40:01 pm
Quote from: JFen on September 13, 2006, 02:01:24 pm

I didn't post the link to create another "take a jab at Nutt" thread, but its funny how you didn't mention it shows that on 3rd down last year, we ran the ball 66 times and passed the ball 91 times.  Doesn't seem to fit all the "we always run the freakin' draw on 3rd down" posts, does it....

No one here honestly thinks he does that every third down.  We make fun of it because he likes to do that a lot on 3rd and long. He really thinks he is tricking the other guys. The only way it tricks them is when they think "surely he wouldnt..."

We pass alot on 3rd down because we're usually in 3rd and long. Why? Because the defense loads up the box, and our runners only get 3 yards, and -2 yards.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

Biggus Piggus

It's easy to misinterpret these numbers.  Winning teams spend more of the game with big leads + trying to roll clock, running time.  Losing teams play catchup.  Losing teams go to third and long a lot.

Here's a fun stat.  USC played seven teams with winning records, six with losing records.  The Trojans had 24 TD passes against the losers and eight against the winners.  They ran for 32 TDs against winning teams and 19 against losers.  Their average yards per carry were 6.2 against losers but 6.6 vs. winning teams.    They ran 51% of the time against losers, 53% against winners.

One more: 7.4 yards per pass attempt against winning teams, 10.1 vs. losers.

Explain that!  Here's one thought:  They practiced their passing game in blowouts.  Or they just ran up the score.
[CENSORED]!

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 13, 2006, 04:00:54 pm
It's easy to misinterpret these numbers.  Winning teams spend more of the game with big leads + trying to roll clock, running time.  Losing teams play catchup.  Losing teams go to third and long a lot.

Here's a fun stat.  USC played seven teams with winning records, six with losing records.  The Trojans had 24 TD passes against the losers and eight against the winners.  They ran for 32 TDs against winning teams and 19 against losers.  Their average yards per carry were 6.2 against losers but 6.6 vs. winning teams.    They ran 51% of the time against losers, 53% against winners.

One more: 7.4 yards per pass attempt against winning teams, 10.1 vs. losers.

Explain that!  Here's one thought:  They practiced their passing game in blowouts.  Or they just ran up the score.

Arkansas skewed their numbers.

wishyjoshy

Quote from: Jam on September 13, 2006, 03:40:01 pm

I wasn't taking a jab at anyone.  I was just playing a trivia game.  jagoodwin won. 
If you interpreted the fact that we had less completions than any other team in the SEC + Arkansas State as a "jab at Nutt," well sorry.  Facts are facts.