Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 23 THREAD:#24 Arkansas(18-4, 3-0 SEC) vs #18 Missouri(20-1, 3-0 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, March 24, 2017, 03:32:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHGiunta

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

jacobp

JonClaudeVanHam

Even if we don't come back today, the game will be resumed, correct?
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ricepig

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHGiunta

Really hope this weather delay doesn't trip us up......will Knight be able to come back after sitting for so long...that radar didn't look promising at all

rljjr

Anyone know how the delay will affect Knight if it's only 30 minutes? Also, if they have to make it up tomorrow would Knight go back out? Not sure of DVH's philosophy here.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: JHGiunta on March 24, 2017, 01:23:38 pm
Really hope this weather delay doesn't trip us up......will Knight be able to come back after sitting for so long...that radar didn't look promising at all
Knight is sitting at 38 pitches. Only time will tell if he comes back out.

rljjr

Bogghawg

If it's as bad as they say and even if they can't play again until tomorrow night or Sunday, will this same game resume?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 24, 2017, 01:27:11 pm
Knight is sitting at 38 pitches. Only time will tell if he comes back out.
I think their pitcher was at about 75 pitches when they stopped play.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 24, 2017, 01:34:34 pm
If it's as bad as they say and even if they can't play again until tomorrow night or Sunday, will this same game resume?
YES

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 24, 2017, 01:34:34 pm
Phil Elson just said this game will continue regardless.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

HogFansReunited

Hope we can finish this game today somehow. Pretty sure the only way we get a full series is if we finish today and get a double header in Sunday.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHGiunta

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

jry04

Quote from: HogFansReunited on March 24, 2017, 01:48:54 pm
Hope we can finish this game today somehow. Pretty sure the only way we get a full series is if we finish today and get a double header in Sunday.
We can resume this game tomorrow evening and play a DH sunday. Plenty of options, but this game has to finish.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: JHGiunta on March 24, 2017, 01:50:54 pm
WatchESPN is still saying in weather delay.....any word
Nothing new on Twitter, but from looking at radar, there is a line of storms from San Antonio all the way to Columbia
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHGiunta

Just found IMG feed and it is raining hard and still in delay for the foreseeable future......i should be here if they do get back to diamond today...

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: JHGiunta on March 24, 2017, 01:57:13 pm
Just found IMG feed and it is raining hard and still in delay for the foreseeable future......i should be here if they do get back to diamond today...
Awesome! You are doing a fantastic job today. Thanks

jry04

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 24, 2017, 01:56:18 pm
The coaches are talking about a chance to start at 4:00pm
It would be great to get 2 more innings in and then call it and get ready for tomorrow or 2 7s on sunday.

Razorback7281

Quote from: jry04 on March 24, 2017, 02:07:05 pm
It would be great to get 2 more innings in and then call it and get ready for tomorrow or 2 7s on sunday.
They would finish this one even if they were through 5.  Remember a couple years ago what happened at A&M  That delay was in like the 8th  A&M fans are still pissed about it.

If you're looking for a time kill enjoy this thread.  This is where the 2015 season turned around.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=591854.200
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

JHicks3636

This sucks. I was going to use the thread to pass my dead time in Court today. Now I'm stuck watching weather radar.

Tony Perkis

I thought the rain delay would make me a little more productive at work. Not the case...come on 5pm (or maybe 4)

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 24, 2017, 02:21:12 pm
This sucks. I was going to use the thread to pass my dead time in Court today. Now I'm stuck watching weather radar.

What are you charged with?  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FraggleHog

Quote from: Razorback7281 on March 24, 2017, 02:16:29 pm
They would finish this one even if they were through 5.  Remember a couple years ago what happened at A&M  That delay was in like the 8th  A&M fans are still pissed about it.

If you're looking for a time kill enjoy this thread.  This is where the 2015 season turned around.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=591854.200

Let's just hope this weather delay doesn't have the same effect on our team that it did on Aggie that night...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

JHicks3636

Hog in Iowa

Off topic while we're waiting out the rain delay....

Tonight I'll be pulling for Butler over KY and pulling for Florida and USCe. 

Can you imagine what the unbearable pressure on the referees will be like Sunday if both UNC and KY both win tonight?  They may be forced to be unbiased in making their calls.  It may be one of the few times neither of these teams has the vast majority of calls go their way.  Calipari and Williams will both be red faced from screaming at the refs by game's end.
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

JHicks3636

Looks as though the weather is getting the first outdoor track meet of the year at Fayetteville as well.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 24, 2017, 02:55:29 pm
Being dumb enough to do this for 40 years.

Ha! I'm sure you've seen & heard some dandy stuff. You should have a board for tales from the courtroom.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hobhog

JHGiunta

Tarp is off the field and the puddles have been filled.....a little rain still falling but baseball to start soon.

New pitcher for Missouri will be Sophomore Cameron Dooley (sp)

Tanner Houck  -  3.2ip 5h 3er 3so 1hbp

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JHGiunta

Blaine Knight line so far.....

3ip 2h 0er 3so 1bb

Haven't heard if he will be coming back in or not

JHGiunta

Live feed is back on......

Arledge will be facing the new Missouri pitcher Cameron Dulle, 6'3 194lbs. With 5 games he carries a 3.68ERA in 7.1 innings with 4BB and 8SO

Arledge will step in with 2 outs

First pitch is inside for ball 1 after a 2 hour and 16 minute delay

1-0, outside for ball 2
2-0, called strike on outside corner
2-1, down main street at 86mph for strike 2
2-2, up high for ball 3 and a full count
3-2, payoff pitch is inside for a walk

Spanberger coming up with 1 on and 2 out

JHGiunta

Spanberger at plate with on (1-2, 1b with 2rbi's)

First pitch is up high after a throw to first

1-0, fouled hard and far to right
1-1, throw to 1st..back safe..throw to first..back safe..low and inside for ball 2
2-1, outside for ball 3 and Arledge steals second as throw and tag didn't get him as he slid to back part of plate
3-1, called strike 2 on outside edge
3-2, payoff pitch is ripped to right for a single and Arledge scores from 2nd as throw arrives late

HOGS up 6-0 and Spanberger is 2-3 with 3 RBI's

azhog10

Span is swinging that bat today. He's just missed a couple homers but has had two timely hits.

JHGiunta

Bonfield up with runner on 1st and 2 outs

First pitch is low

1-0, called strike
1-1, fouled to right into the empty stands
1-2, visit to the mound as Dulle prepares his 16th pitch trying to get one out.....called strike 3. Strikes out Looking