Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carson Shaddy named #4 2B in the nation in D1 Baseball's Position Rankings

Started by ucahogfan, March 23, 2017, 06:57:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Unfortunately, he is also #4 in the SEC as the SEC has some insane 2Bs this year.  These rankings are based on who would be named to the All-American teams if the season were the end today.

That now makes two former Fayetteville HS catchers who are top 5 players in the country at their respective positions.  See the rankings below:

https://d1baseball.com/position-power-rankings/week-5-power-rankings-2b/

It is a pay link, but the top 5 are visible for everyone to see.

jry04

Quote from: ucahogfan on March 23, 2017, 06:57:15 pm
Unfortunately, he is also #4 in the SEC as the SEC has some insane 2Bs this year.  These rankings are based on who would be named to the All-American teams if the season were the end today.

That now makes two former Fayetteville HS catchers who are top 5 players in the country at their respective positions.  See the rankings below:

https://d1baseball.com/position-power-rankings/week-5-power-rankings-2b/

It is a pay link, but the top 5 are visible for everyone to see.
Cool to see, but clearly based on batting alone. He is probably the worst 2b in the SEC in the field. Glad he is having such a great year at the plate. Great kid, lots of heart, needs to dH.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Good for Carson. He's played many positions. Bat and hustle keeps him going.

Iwastherein1969

the kid has hit since day 1 with the Hogs....this year not having to bend over the whole game can only make his bat more consistent....I said he would have a good year, even said he had a shot a POY in the SEC, but his glove is not quite up to that standard, but that bat, OH that bat more than makes up for the occasional bobble in the field
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

When he is able to settle into one position for a while his fielding will improve.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on March 24, 2017, 03:02:10 am
When he is able to settle into one position for a while his fielding will improve.
agreed, Carson needs to work diligently on three things right now...1) how to make a proper turn when receiving the ball on a possible double play to first, 2) work on arm angles and when and how to use them which quicken his release point on making the turn and throwing to first base, and 3) keep working on barreling up that bat on the ball for every time Shaddy comes to the plate, good vibes come all over me. The only player I can think of in recent history of the Diamond Hogs who gave me a better feeling when he stood at the plate was James McCann. McCann was as clutch as any Hog I've ever seen on the baseball field. Shaddy is right behind.

ad:  #2 on the list can be accomplished quite easily by watching film on Bo Bigham....he wasn't salty with the bat, but no Hog I can remember made a quicker turn with the ball out of his hand and headed to first base....anyone remember the turn he made against Virginia with the bases loaded and one out and Kuechel on the mound ?....without that double play we lose...and if memory serves they had their best player who it the ground ball, which our SS mishandled but quickly recovered to get the ball to Bo at second who made the greatest turn on a double play in Razorback baseball history
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PintailKiller

Stephan and Knight were both top 39 starting pitchers in their position rankings.  Hogs were 1 of 3 (I think) to have 2 in the top 40. 
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

jbell96

Quote from: jry04 on March 23, 2017, 07:17:28 pm
Cool to see, but clearly based on batting alone. He is probably the worst 2b in the SEC in the field. Glad he is having such a great year at the plate. Great kid, lots of heart, needs to dH.

Mizzou's 2nd baseman, and his league high 9 errors, would disagree with you.  ;) Maybe Shaddy should try high socks since going with long pants isn't working for him.

jry04

Quote from: jbell96 on March 24, 2017, 11:35:01 am
Mizzou's 2nd baseman, and his league high 9 errors, would disagree with you.  ;) Maybe Shaddy should try high socks since going with long pants isn't working for him.
Shaddy has 8, and lucky for him some of his booted DP balls that still resulted in 1 out do not count as errors.