Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screw Mizzou

Started by SPAL, March 20, 2017, 07:24:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

I'm sick of these snivelling, pip squeak , nobodies thinking they are somebody. They've done this in every sport and then they get brought back to Earth.

Screw em.

Wisco Pig

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Birminghog

Shrevepork

Quote from: Wisco Pig on March 20, 2017, 07:45:49 pm
It had to be said.

I like the alliteration in your subject line. Sir-pigs-a-lot, you are a poet.

Maddhog

I'm pretty sure Missouri is Fake News.
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

GO

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 20, 2017, 07:24:12 pm
I'm sick of these snivelling, pip squeak , nobodies thinking they are somebody. They've done this in every sport and then they get brought back to Earth.

Screw em.
I'm glad someone else feels the same about MO as I do!

Bogghawg

Their record is against a completely underwhelming schedule, including, I think we will see, Alabama.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Earnhardt

I heard the other day on the radio that they average like 800-900 people at home games this year. That's ridiculous. Someone tell their fans that their team is pretty good and they are in the SEC now. Show up and support your team.

jbell96

This Mizzou team has talent, but they really haven't played anyone, and they are 13th in the SEC in fielding percentage. Errors will come back to bite you when you have to play teams like us, LSU, South Carolina, Florida, etc.....

WPS007

Quote from: Earnhardt on March 21, 2017, 12:43:59 pm
I heard the other day on the radio that they average like 800-900 people at home games this year. That's ridiculous. Someone tell their fans that their team is pretty good and they are in the SEC now. Show up and support your team.

Fair weather fans in all sports, living in STL their fans act like they are Kentucky in Basketball, Alabama in Football
and Texas in Baseball and they have 1 national championship in school history 1960 I think in track great history.

Screw em

Birminghog

Quote from: Shrevepork on March 21, 2017, 06:25:47 am
I like the alliteration in your subject line. Sir-pigs-a-lot, you are a poet.

What alliteration? There is rhyme, not alliteration. Alliteration would have been "Maul Mizzou", "Mince Mizzou", "Menace Mizzou" or something else that sounds like a high school pep rally slogan.

Screw Mizzou? Now that's poetry!

SPAL

Quote from: Birminghog on March 22, 2017, 04:58:53 pm

What alliteration? There is rhyme, not alliteration. Alliteration would have been "Maul Mizzou", "Mince Mizzou", "Menace Mizzou" or something else that sounds like a high school pep rally slogan.

Screw Mizzou? Now that's poetry!

Make Mizzou masticate manure.

Birminghog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 22, 2017, 05:07:35 pm
Make Mizzou masticate manure.

Now THERE'S some alliteration!

onebadrubi

You bunch of *** English teachers. 

mizzousteve

Quote from: WPS007 on March 22, 2017, 04:39:25 pm
Fair weather fans in all sports, living in STL their fans act like they are Kentucky in Basketball, Alabama in Football
and Texas in Baseball and they have 1 national championship in school history 1960 I think in track great history.

Screw em

Come on now, we won a National Championship in 1954 in baseball too. Norm Stewart was a pitcher on that team. We actually went to several CWS's back in the 1950s and 60s. But that is ancient history now.

I am really excited about this series. The few serious college baseball followers that Mizzou has know that we haven't played a great schedule by any means. Arkansas will be a gigantic test for our team. I just wish the forecast was looking better. Looks like there will be weather issues on both Friday and Saturday. I have always enjoyed Arkansas baseball fans. The traveling group in 2014 was in my opinion the nicest and most knowledgeable group of visitors we have had since we joined the league.

TexasDad

QuoteThe traveling group in 2014 was in my opinion the nicest and most knowledgeable group of visitors we have had since we joined the league.

Kind words, but it's pretty clear that Hogoxious didn't travel that year... I think it's a test for both teams.

woodhog14

Quote from: WPS007 on March 22, 2017, 04:39:25 pm

Screw em

Actually it was in baseball. They won the National Championship in 1954.

trippigs

Mizzou scare...the entire institution starting at the top.

BigBrandonAllenFan

If the Hogs can get a series win at Mizzou, with no South Carolina or Florida series on the schedule, I have to like their chances for a top 3 conference record. 

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: mizzousteve on March 23, 2017, 09:49:32 am
Come on now, we won a National Championship in 1954 in baseball too. Norm Stewart was a pitcher on that team. We actually went to several CWS's back in the 1950s and 60s. But that is ancient history now.

I am really excited about this series. The few serious college baseball followers that Mizzou has know that we haven't played a great schedule by any means. Arkansas will be a gigantic test for our team. I just wish the forecast was looking better. Looks like there will be weather issues on both Friday and Saturday. I have always enjoyed Arkansas baseball fans. The traveling group in 2014 was in my opinion the nicest and most knowledgeable group of visitors we have had since we joined the league.

I think most gurus figured it would take Mizzou a few years in the SEC for their baseball program to be competitive.  It appears that time has passed.

I wish Mizzou a good season with an NCAA tournament appearance.  But this weekend I hope they get spanked x3.

SPAL

They may take the series this weekend. It wouldn't surprise me. They beat us in football when they shouldn't. They beat us in basketball when they shouldn't. And ​they may beat us this weekend.