Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White Sox

Started by Flying Razorback, April 12, 2014, 03:44:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

Does anyone have a bullpen they'd be willing to loan the White Sox for the next 6 months or so?  I promise it'll be returned in one piece, just a little worn out.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

yraciv

I like the Sox bullpen just the way it is! Shouldn't have traded Reed for Matt Davidson.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: yraciv on April 12, 2014, 03:49:22 pm
I like the Sox bullpen just the way it is! Shouldn't have traded Reed for Matt Davidson.

Yeah.  There's a lot of things that shouldn't hav happened in the past 6 years.  We're going to be paying for Kenny Williams' final 3 years for a long time. 

I mean, I have friend jumping for joy because Adam Dunn is hitting .241 right now.  .241!!!!  Everyone is saying "Oh man!  Dunn is hitting 50 points better than his average the past few years.  If he can keep that up and at least hit .220 for the season we might have a better chance!"

How the heck can you be paying a guy $12-$15 million a year to hit .190????!!!!

Hog1966

QuoteHow the heck can you be paying a guy $12-$15 million a year to hit .190?

Tell me about it. B.J Upton and Uggla hit below .200 last year, and are following suit so far this year.

yraciv

Quote from: Hog1966 on April 13, 2014, 02:34:59 pm
Tell me about it. B.J Upton and Uggla hit below .200 last year, and are following suit so far this year.

I'm with you as a Braves fan. At least B.J. has picked it up this week.  It's so depressing because they've got most of the other pieces in place.  That's 27 million a year we're paying Uggla and B.J.  The Upton's have got it going this week, so lets hope it keeps up.

The Sox are hopeless and Dunn's average is bound to drop, so it sucks for their fans.

Flying Razorback

Jose Abreu is awesome.  He broke Pujols' rookie record for most home runs in April with 10 so far and RBIs with 31 so far.

I know he'll be figured out soon and the grind of the summer will get to him.  But there's plenty of raw talent with which to work.

I just wish he could pitch out of the bullpen or else had a brother that was a pitcher.

ucahogfan

So far Abreu is looking like a steal at the 6/68 deal, but like you said he will probably come back to earth.  His power to CF and the other way is legit though and will allow him to hit 35-40 HRs a year for the duration of his contract especially playing his home games on the South Side.

The White Sox did a good job of trading for good prospects this offseason since they have a horrible draft record when it comes to position players.  I think I saw that the best position player the White Sox had drafted since like 2001 was Gordon Beckham and his WAR over 6 seasons was like 6 so he is essentially a replacement level player.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 27, 2014, 07:28:49 pm
So far Abreu is looking like a steal at the 6/68 deal, but like you said he will probably come back to earth.  His power to CF and the other way is legit though and will allow him to hit 35-40 HRs a year for the duration of his contract especially playing his home games on the South Side.

The White Sox did a good job of trading for good prospects this offseason since they have a horrible draft record when it comes to position players.  I think I saw that the best position player the White Sox had drafted since like 2001 was Gordon Beckham and his WAR over 6 seasons was like 6 so he is essentially a replacement level player.

And Beckham is still being propped up by his first year.  It's terrible.