Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grant Morgan

Started by hview, October 26, 2015, 09:50:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hview

A LB out of Greenwood. Is he related to Drew and does Arkansas have an interest in him?

BatesvilleHOG

He's Drew's little bigger brother. He's very athletic but a little short from what I remember. I'd offer every member of that bloodline for the rest of forever. They've just got 'it'.

Arkansas has evaluated him and I don't think he has an offer yet but would be a great walk on. Richard has written some tidbits on him.

hview

I hope he decides to walk on.

hview

Looks like he's 5 11 225.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: hview on October 26, 2015, 10:45:34 pm

That's big enough if he has the skills.  I have no idea if he does. 

Switchback

15-20 lbs and he's a fullback.

PorkRinds

Grant is a bit like Drew, but with less swagger.  He's a blue collar, hard working kid.  He may not wow you with his measurables but he's got football smarts and will be doing his job every time, without question.  I haven't seen him play in a year or so, but I've never really considered him one that the hogs would offer. I'd love to see him earn it, and I have no doubt he'd be an asset to the team.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hview on October 26, 2015, 10:45:34 pm

If he's got big brothers speed and quickness he would be a helluva LB, even at that size -- look at Dre Greenlaw.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jgphillips3

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 27, 2015, 10:43:32 am
Grant is a bit like Drew, but with less swagger.  He's a blue collar, hard working kid.  He may not wow you with his measurables but he's got football smarts and will be doing his job every time, without question.  I haven't seen him play in a year or so, but I've never really considered him one that the hogs would offer. I'd love to see him earn it, and I have no doubt he'd be an asset to the team.

Sounds good to me.  Maybe he can be a preferred walk on.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 27, 2015, 12:54:13 pm
Sounds good to me.  Maybe he can be a preferred walk on.

Wouldn't be shocked if he walked on, honestly.  If it's a possibility for him anyway.

hview

Looking at his video's he seems to have decent speed. I know it's hard to judge sometimes, but he doesn't look slow. There is a running play (FB) where he takes it the length of the field. No one comes close to catching him. HUDL has him at 6ft 223.