Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New LB Offer, thoughts? (TTech lean)

Started by ricepig, October 21, 2015, 03:20:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Looks like we've put out a new LB offer today, bad news elsewhere, need more LB's, or just now deciding to offer?

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jordyn-Brooks-64199/RecruitInterests

The Hogfather

Committed to Texas Tech as a defensive player.  That can't be a good sign.

WriterWrong

Quote from: The Hogfather on October 21, 2015, 03:22:14 pm

Word

a0ashle

Don't worry, if he comes here he will benefit from not being surrounded by Texas Tech defensive commits  ;)

Bubba's Bruisers

Yes, it's likely that we've missed out on some primary targets and are moving down the list.  Typically starts happening this time of year.  Might start seeing this at the RB and OT positions too since we have no commits  at those positions.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: a0ashle on October 21, 2015, 03:44:01 pm
Don't worry, if he comes here he will benefit from not being surrounded by Texas Tech defensive commits  ;)

Yes, an upside.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

a0ashle

Kidding aside, it doesn't have to mean something bad, maybe he has put some good film together his senior year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: a0ashle on October 21, 2015, 03:50:02 pm
Kidding aside, it doesn't have to mean something bad, maybe he has put some good film together his senior year.

Maybe, but that's not usually the case historically.  Probably a nice player, but likely a plan B.  Of course, there all always exceptions.

ifghog

CBB may realize we need smaller speedy LB's to cover the spread offenses...just a thought....may be dead wrong...

a0ashle

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 21, 2015, 03:52:14 pm
Maybe, but that's not usually the case historically.  Probably a nice player, but likely a plan B.  Of course, there all always exceptions.

I know historically that is how these things get explained... but I wonder if that actually ends up being true. IMO, there are too many variables and too little open information to know for sure.

Let's say a LB decommits now... maybe this was a plan B for that situation, or maybe we knew he would decommit and let him because we didn't like what we were seeing from him recently, and maybe that plan B is actually a new plan A. I am not saying this is the case, I just think we don't really know and sometimes we jump to wrong conclusions.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: a0ashle on October 21, 2015, 04:01:05 pm
I know historically that is how these things get explained... but I wonder if that actually ends up being true. IMO, there are too many variables and too little open information to know for sure.

Let's say a LB decommits now... maybe this was a plan B for that situation, or maybe we knew he would decommit and let him because we didn't like what we were seeing from him recently, and maybe that plan B is actually a new plan A. I am not saying this is the case, I just think we don't really know and sometimes we jump to wrong conclusions.

Of course we don't know, but when late offers start going out to kids at positions of major need, then the odds are usually against us.  Especially when our offer might be the best one on the table.  Again, there are always exceptions, and our fan base generally lives for the exception.

Razorpigg

Maybe not good news on Carmouche? Hope not was hoping we could get that kid!

ricepig

Quote from: Razorpigg on October 21, 2015, 04:58:36 pm

He's still down to visit next weekend, so???

Wildhog

Quote from: Razorpigg on October 21, 2015, 04:58:36 pm

I think we're still in good shape there.  Wouldn't call him a lock or anything, but we're in good shape.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 21, 2015, 05:05:33 pm
I think we're still in good shape there.  Wouldn't call him a lock or anything, but we're in good shape.

That was my belief too, I know we need LB's, but it would be odd if we really only take 20ish.

trphog

I wonder if he knows what an @$$ kicking is?

lefty08

Could be someone inside the program has let coaches know he won't be back, so they offered with that scholarship for next year. We absolutely have zero clue
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

bulldog04

WaltonCollege

We need as many backers as we can get

ricepig

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 21, 2015, 08:32:36 pm
We need as many backers as we can get

And offensive tackles and running backs, and your point is?

WaltonCollege

My point is I'm glad we offered and I hope he commits

Ironhawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 21, 2015, 03:46:30 pm
Might start seeing this at the RB and OT positions too since we have no commits  at those positions.

It is concerning to me that, considering Arkansas wants to be known as running a pro-style power offense that features the rushing attack, Arkansas has no running back or offensive tackles committed.  I know it is still a long time until NSD, but how is this not potentially problematic?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 22, 2015, 08:23:02 am
It is concerning to me that, considering Arkansas wants to be known as running a pro-style power offense that features the rushing attack, Arkansas has no running back or offensive tackles committed.  I know it is still a long time until NSD, but how is this not potentially problematic?

It's certainly a concern.  And we've had a highly regarded OT recently decommit.  Now, that's not to say that we don't have quality guys in the fold that we have a real shot with, but to have no RB or OT commits in late October does give one pause.   

scruf

Quote from: ifghog on October 21, 2015, 03:53:50 pm
CBB may realize we need smaller speedy LB's to cover the spread offenses...just a thought....may be dead wrong...
Richard lists him at 6'1", 232. That's SEC size for an outside linebacker.

secneahog

We will get the best prospect available on nsd. ..we're good with Carmouche.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

The kid has an offer list consistent with our current LB's.  Zero problem with this offer.  Hope he chooses the hogs.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ironhawg

Linebacker depth?  Yes please!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: secneahog on October 22, 2015, 09:38:13 am
We will get the best prospect available on nsd. ..we're good with Carmouche.

Get Carmouche, and one other quality guy like Brooks, and we should be in good shape.

LAGNAF

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 22, 2015, 08:23:02 am

Recruiting is always potentially problematic until the kids are signed. The same could be said about our recruiting each and every year.

LJHOG

Not to mention his offer list.  I'm sorry, but if you are recruiting a Texas kid who doesn't have an offer from UT, aTm, Baylor or TCU, the SEC is probably not the place for him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LAGNAF on October 22, 2015, 11:42:46 am
The same could be said about our recruiting each and every year.

Also problematic.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LJHOG on October 22, 2015, 11:56:58 am
Not to mention his offer list.  I'm sorry, but if you are recruiting a Texas kid who doesn't have an offer from UT, aTm, Baylor or TCU, the SEC is probably not the place for him.

I think, or hope, this kid is possibly looked at as icing on the cake if we get Carmouche.  A kid that can RS and develop.  But, yes, his offer sheet isn't impressive. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: LJHOG on October 22, 2015, 11:56:58 am
Ehh it's not like it is La. Tech, or ASU he is getting offers from, solid P5 schools, Peterson offered and aTm is recruiting, so pretty decent sheet.

Side note: story out today that the Frosh that started MLB at TCU in the opener from Houston area, is not returning to TCU, wonder if he might have a relationship with Hargraves?