Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rds article on White

Started by Huds_HawgTide, October 18, 2015, 10:35:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginiaHog

Yep. Here's to seeing him on campus soon.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on October 20, 2015, 08:46:48 am
He should.  Too much money on the line.  Spend a year getting ready for the combine and go make that paper.

There's certainly an argument for it.  For our sake, I hope he plays next year.   

sickboy

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 20, 2015, 08:17:49 am
As others said, he can't go pro.  But plenty have said he should sit out next season, especially after injuries to Chubb and Gurley the last two seasons.   I think he will play, but you can bet agents and family are suggesting he should sit out to protect his knees. 

For some reason I thought he sat a year for injury. I must be getting him mixed up with Todd Gurley sitting a year to start for the Rams. Either way -- kid was ready to be a pro RB this year.

Medic821

Not happening.  Headed to LSU.

theFlyingHog

onebadrubi

Lsu can and will buy fournette an insurance policy. They will still probably try not to ride him like a feature stud but at the same point of he were to breeZe through season and roll into the draft he would be a top pick which is some very nice guaranteed money.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

HogFansReunited

"White, who has a 3.8 grade-point average while taking honors classes"

I know this doesn't mean something to everyone but this says a lot about who White is as a person.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The real Hogules

Quote from: Medic821 on October 20, 2015, 12:37:28 pm

Yeah, I'm sure that Devin Whites mother believes that Lester will see to it that he goes to church and keeps up with his studies.  lol

Once again, "USUALLY" if a kid is going to choose the home state school they commit early and help recruit others to their school.
Of all of the schools that D.W. lists as possible destinations,  I doubt very seriously that he picks LSU.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

theFlyingHog

Mods, can we clean this up a bit? I'm getting that mmqb quicksand feeling

sickboy

Quote from: Medic821 on October 20, 2015, 12:37:28 pm

I don't even think LSU is in his top 2 schools.

Hawk

I was listening to the local (Baton Rouge) 247 guy down here yesterday. Of course, he was positive that Devin will go to the tiggers. Personally, I think it's between us and Bama.

kclvr

Just curious why most think he would choose us over LSU?

PorkRinds

Quote from: kclvr on October 21, 2015, 12:52:59 pm

Personal relationships.  He's got a good one with our coaches, and his cousin is on the team.  He may or may not choose us or LSU, but that's the reason there's a small sliver of hope.

hawginbigd1

For me he fits our roster, LSU is loaded at RB without anybody in this class. Also RD said he didn't think he would go to LSU a few months back. Some of Devin's tweets also seem to say that depth charts at his schools are an important part of his decision making process.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: 010HogFan on October 20, 2015, 09:19:33 am
He's already tweeted multiple times that his heart is set and he knows where he wants to be. I would think mom would know this and this is starting to look a little better for us.

Sounds good. Lets close the deal by making a good showing against LSU and beating the rest of the scrubs on our schedule. Show Fournette how close we are to being a very good team, if he signs with us.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on October 21, 2015, 02:27:32 pm

Sounds good. Lets close the deal by making a good showing against LSU and beating the rest of the scrubs on our schedule. Show Fournette how close we are to being a very good team, if he signs with us.

Fournette isn't going to sign with us.

jjdlc

He may not sign with us, but several recruiting guys have made the comment that they would be surprised if he signs with LSU.  Not sure what he told them to make them think that, maybe he just doesn't like Miles.

kclvr

Quote from: jjdlc on October 21, 2015, 03:21:48 pm
He may not sign with us, but several recruiting guys have made the comment that they would be surprised if he signs with LSU.  Not sure what he told them to make them think that, maybe he just doesn't like Miles.

Didn't know I feel most great ones don't care about depth and he was at LSU over the weekend.

sickboy

I don't know if he'd choose us over LSU, but a lot of the articles I've read make it sound like Alabama and Ole Miss are way more likely than LSU. It's pretty far along in the recruiting process to be hearing the hometown team isn't by far and away the leader. If that's the vibe going around right now -- I'm guessing it's Alabama and Ole Miss out front and Arkansas/LSU running in second for his services. Just a guess based on what I've read out there.

King Kong

Steef

I'm having fun with the suspense, though.

Kid can play anywhere he wants. It's likely he will excel, anywhere he wants. Sure LOOKS like, wherever he does go, he'll be a difference maker.

I hope he picks us. I hope WE are the college experience he's looking for.

Either he likes what we have to offer, or he doesn't.

RefineryHog

Entirely too much depth at LSU. If he wants to make an immediate impact he will be a hog. They signed 3 4 stars last year and one is only getting playing time behind the sophomore fournette.

GrizzlyRider07

So has he decided if he's coming for the game this weekend or not?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on October 22, 2015, 12:19:20 am
he's playing tonight instead of Friday I believe so that could free him up to be here for Homecoming weekend.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Scott7703

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on October 22, 2015, 12:19:20 am

I have read elsewhere that he is planning to be here to hang with Cornelius.

RME

Quote from: King Kong on October 21, 2015, 09:45:34 pm
RBU

We've had some amazing backs, but not sure we are RBU.

Anyway, if depth is White's main concern, we set up very nicely for that. Assuming reports of J-Will leaving are true paired with Collins leaving, Arkansas has Rawleigh as the only one with real experience and skill. I know Kody will be back, but I'm still not sold on him.

Huds_HawgTide

I think its us and bama...Shea Patterson his boy but ole miss isnt rb friendly...henry and drake gone...jwill and collins gone...both teams run the most outside of lsu...ill go streaking if he goes to lsu...its us or bama...too many good signs pointing to us right now
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PorkRinds

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on October 22, 2015, 02:43:51 pm
I think its us and bama...Shea Patterson his boy but ole miss isnt rb friendly...henry and drake gone...jwill and collins gone...both teams run the most outside of lsu...ill go streaking if he goes to lsu...its us or bama...too many good signs pointing to us right now

That sure seems like wishful thinking.  I wish I was that optimistic.

The_Hog_Father

October 22, 2015, 02:56:30 pm #79 Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:51:30 pm by Pigs in Zen
Quote from: King Kong on October 21, 2015, 09:45:34 pm
RBU

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 22, 2015, 12:10:27 pm
We've had some amazing backs, but not sure we are RBU.

Anyway...

There is a reason posters keep repeating this mantra.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/84311/position-u-running-backs

"Who really deserves to claim the title of "Running Back U" for the 2000s?

1. Arkansas (104 points)

In perhaps the biggest upset at any position, Arkansas can call itself "Running Back U" for the 2000s. Certainly Darren McFadden played the biggest role in the Razorbacks' claim, but he got an assist from Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis. Those former backfield mates are among six Arkansas running backs who have been drafted since 2001, helping the Hogs barely edge Oklahoma for the top spot.

Award winners: McFadden, Walker (2006, 2007), Camp (2007).

Consensus All-Americans: McFadden (2006, 2007).

First-team all-conference: Fred Talley (2002), Cedric Cobbs (2003), Darren McFadden (2005, 2006, 2007).

NFL first-round draft picks: Jones (2008), McFadden (2008).

NFL draft picks, Rounds 2-4: Cobbs (Round 4, 2004), Knile Davis (Round 3, 2013).

NFL draft picks, Rounds 5-7: Hillis (Round 7, 2008), Kiero Small (Round 7, 2014)."

RME

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on October 22, 2015, 02:56:30 pm
There is a reason posters keep repeating this mantra.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/84311/position-u-running-backs

RBU of the 2000s. Arkansas has had great backs, I said that. But give credit where credit is due, Bama has had some monsters since 2010.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 22, 2015, 03:54:57 pm
RBU of the 2000s. Arkansas has had great backs, I said that. But give credit where credit is due, Bama has had some monsters since 2010.

Sure... Won't disagree. Didn't see in your post where you said the above, hence my post. No worries.

I feel we have a better than decent shot at Devin... Coming to Arkansas would actually make him a "game changer" ( his Twitter handle). I hope he makes it up to Fayetteville for the game this weekend.

Wooo Pig!!

PorkRinds

I guess AC's back to back 1000 yard seasons, two 1000 yard rushers last season don't count to some of our fans.

RME

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 22, 2015, 04:03:48 pm
I guess AC's back to back 1000 yard seasons, two 1000 yard rushers last season don't count to some of our fans.

I'm assuming this is directed at me. Sorry if my assumption is incorrect.

I never said a word against Collins, and that his stats "don't count." 1,000 yards in the SEC is remarkable, I don't care who you are, so back to back, yeah he's a great running back. I don't think that alone is enough to dub Arkansas "RBU" for this decade.

That being said, there's still time for it. Bielema has also produced some monster backs; Ball, White, and Gordon at Wisconsin, and now Collins here. Given enough time, I 100% believe he can do the same here.

scruf

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 23, 2015, 08:11:08 am
I'm assuming this is directed at me. Sorry if my assumption is incorrect.

I never said a word against Collins, and that his stats "don't count." 1,000 yards in the SEC is remarkable, I don't care who you are, so back to back, yeah he's a great running back. I don't think that alone is enough to dub Arkansas "RBU" for this decade.

That being said, there's still time for it. Bielema has also produced some monster backs; Ball, White, and Gordon at Wisconsin, and now Collins here. Given enough time, I 100% believe he can do the same here.
Agree that Arkansas is not RBU for this decade.

MS_HogFan

Are the other schools like Bama and LSU recruiting him at RB or LB?

Does he have a preference?
SOOIE