Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bits

Started by Huds_HawgTide, October 12, 2015, 09:45:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Music City Hog

Kinda slow these days

Uncommon

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 12, 2015, 10:02:50 am
Kinda slow these days
I remember Bielema saying they weren't going to do a lot of official visits during the season and have most of their official visitors after the season.  So we're likely not going to hear a lot of groundbreaking news during the season.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Music City Hog on October 12, 2015, 10:02:50 am
Kinda slow these days

They're at 14 commitments and will probably sign 20 or less. Not too many spots left.

Scott7703

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 12, 2015, 11:17:13 am
They're at 14 commitments and will probably sign 20 or less. Not too many spots left.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. No reason to sign less than 25 players.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 12, 2015, 11:27:40 am
This makes absolutely no sense to me. No reason to sign less than 25 players.

You would have to dump some from the 85.

Kevin

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 12, 2015, 11:29:17 am

need to dump some of the older guys who have their degrees but will never see the field.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkRinds

Quote from: Kevin on October 12, 2015, 11:44:24 am
need to dump some of the older guys who have their degrees but will never see the field.

Could you make a list of those guys for us?

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2015, 11:45:50 am
Could you make a list of those guys for us?

There are a couple on the DL that would fit that description, but nobody other than that, really.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Wonder who is in Utah?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Scott7703

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 12, 2015, 11:29:17 am

For our team to progress the way we need to that may have to happen. I foresee us losing at least 3 under classman to the draft along with Williams and hatcher not returning.

We obviously need help.

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2015, 11:53:46 am
Garrett Bolles.

That's right.  +1.  He is a must get.  I know he's high on Utah also. 

Boles. Carmouche. Graham. Is who I want at this point.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 12, 2015, 12:08:39 pm
For our team to progress the way we need to that may have to happen. I foresee us losing at least 3 under classman to the draft along with Williams and hatcher not returning.

We obviously need help.

Hearing Hatcher is coming back.
AC.  Kirkland leaving early. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: secneahog on October 12, 2015, 12:15:07 pm
Hearing Hatcher is coming back.
AC.  Kirkland leaving early.

Hatcher would have to be granted a medical redshirt.  I think AC and Kirkland both go...

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2015, 12:18:53 pm
Hatcher would have to be granted a medical redshirt.  I think AC and Kirkland both go...

He'd almost certainly get the medical hardship.  Agree on AC and Kirkland. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2015, 12:25:22 pm
He'd almost certainly get the medical hardship.  Agree on AC and Kirkland.

Yep.  I told you it would have to be a perfect storm for AC to go.  Well, the perfect storm has arrived.  Unless he gets hurt, he gone.

Oklahawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2015, 12:18:53 pm

Hatcher played as a true frosh. He can return as a RS Sr.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

So is Donta Evans or Pennamon still possible flips?

I mean, crap, if we truly are taking 20 or less, then that's 5 or 6 guys remaining.  Need a couple RB's, 2 or 3 OT's, and at least 1 LB.  And we still haven't gotten any CB's and just 1 S.  Plus, seems that Graham, a WR, is still in the fold too.  Dang.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 12, 2015, 12:30:35 pm

Yea, pretty sure you have to first exhaust your RS before being eligible for medical RS consideration.

BigSexyHog

If AC leaves that leaves us with basically 1 RB in RW.  And I was lead to believe he could recruit RB'S cause of his system. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

PorkRinds

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 12, 2015, 12:30:35 pm

I figured that because he played in multiple games, he'd have to be granted the medical hardship. 

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2015, 12:34:56 pm
I figured that because he played in multiple games, he'd have to be granted the medical hardship. 

I think this is right.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 12, 2015, 12:30:38 pm

I mean, crap, if we truly are taking 20 or less, then that's 5 or 6 guys remaining.  Need a couple RB's, 2 or 3 OT's, and at least 1 LB.  And we still haven't gotten any CB's and just 1 S.  Plus, seems that Graham, a WR, is still in the fold too.  Dang.

I think we need way more than 1 LB.  We need 2-3 LB's, a couple of OT's, a RB, and fill in the rest if available spots open.  But I think we are good in the secondary for now.  Next year we will need to hit it hard.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 12, 2015, 12:30:38 pm

Bet we are not going to get 3 OTs, much as they are needed.

2 RB
2 OT
1 LB
1 WR
1 CB
1 S...

...and we are two over, at 22. That leaves us +/- 6 to bail unexpectedly (ie, not via graduation...and we were counting Hatcher as a graduate three months ago).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2015, 12:34:56 pm

Isn't there a threshold, though, for injuries?  ie...if one gets a season ending injury before the 4th game of the season, then he can redshirt if one is still available to him (like Hatcher)?  Or something like that?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 12, 2015, 12:36:50 pm
Bet we are not going to get 3 OTs, much as they are needed.

2 RB
2 OT
1 LB
1 WR
1 CB
1 S...

...and we are two over, at 22. That leaves us +/- 6 to bail unexpectedly (ie, not via graduation...and we were counting Hatcher as a graduate three months ago).

I agree, but I'm taking RD literally.  I've always assumed 22 as ultimately being the approx. #, and I'd agree exactly with your final 8 distribution too. 

There's a huge difference between 20 and 22.  Need 22 or more if possible.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2015, 12:35:57 pm
I think this is right.

I think they know, or expect what the situation will be.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2015, 12:41:16 pm
I think they know, or expect what the situation will be.

I have no doubt that they know.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 12, 2015, 12:32:48 pm
If AC leaves that leaves us with basically 1 RB in RW.  And I was lead to believe he could recruit RB'S cause of his system. 

I bet there have been a lot things you've been led to believe in your life. Let's wait until February to see what we have/don't have.

nationwish

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 12, 2015, 12:37:29 pm
Isn't there a threshold, though, for injuries?  ie...if one gets a season ending injury before the 4th game of the season, then he can redshirt if one is still available to him (like Hatcher)?  Or something like that?

There is a threshold, but he would have been fine there. In fact, because he hasn't used a redshirt year so far, he could get a medical redshirt this year, then get hurt next year in the first game, and I don't think it would be unheard of for the NCAA to grant a sixth year. It seems like Case Keenum got a sixth year that way.

Wildhog

My understanding has always been that if you play one snap, your redshirt is gone.  However, if you've played less than a certain percentage of the season, then you can apply for a medical hardship and get that year back.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2015, 01:24:21 pm
My understanding has always been that if you play one snap, your redshirt is gone.  However, if you've played less than a certain percentage of the season, then you can apply for a medical hardship and get that year back.

Yep, that's the way it is now, it used to be a % of snaps in the first 1/4?? of your schedule. I think since Bielema has said he's mentioned it to JWill and Keon, they expect him to get it if so desired.

pigskenG

Tennessee has been 'encouraging' players to transfer since Butch Jones has been there. And I mean 3* & 4* players, and not because of injuries.  That's how they have been able to over sign recruits. Want a list with the announcement date?

Oct 11 2013 :
WR Vincent Dallas  3*
OL Alan Posey  3*

Jan 8 2013 :
DL Trent Taylor   3*
DL Omari Phillips  4* (after suspension)
DB Deion Bonner   4*

Dec 19 2013 :
WR Paul Harris  4*
RB Tom Smith   3*
DB Tino Thomas  3*

Dec 1 2014 :
TE Daniel Helm   4*
RB Derrell Scott  4*
DE Joe Henderson  4*
DE Dewayne Hendrix  4*

Dec 30 2014 :
DE Jaylen Miller  3*
DB D Andre Payne  4*
WR Drae Bowles  4*

Mar 7, 2015 :
WR Vic Wharton 4*

Aug 10 2015 :
A J Branisel TE  3*

Hawghiggs

I like the fact that they are spending time in Kansas and Missouri. Outside of Louisiana and Texas these states should be the most recruited by the hawgs.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 12, 2015, 06:10:15 pm
I like the fact that they are spending time in Kansas and Missouri. Outside of Louisiana and Texas these states should be the most recruited by the hawgs.

No lol

ricepig

JUCO's in Kansas, I don't know who is in Missouri.

yraciv

Kody Walker? Denzel Evans?  I know we haven't seen Evans much, but he is a scholarship guy as well.  We've also got Juan Day, but who really knows the situation with him.  Obviously we're probably looking to sign a couple, but to say all we have RWIII is a stretch.

ricepig

Quote from: yraciv on October 12, 2015, 07:30:53 pm
Kody Walker? Denzel Evans?  I know we haven't seen Evans much, but he is a scholarship guy as well.  We've also got Juan Day, but who really knows the situation with him.  Obviously we're probably looking to sign a couple, but to say all we have RWIII is a stretch.

Well, all you can really say about Walker and Day is that they are injury prone, hopefully they shake that. Day is supposed to scrimmage this week with the "developmental" players.

Bubba's Bruisers

Walker is effectively a FB.  Injuries notwithstanding, how many snaps has Evans or Day gotten in their UA career?  RWIII has surpassed them as a true Freshman.  Both would be playing by now if truly SEC caliber.  Especially after JWILL went down. 

The_Iceman

Evans is not a high level contributor. Doesnt have the speed.

pigroots

AC,Kirkland, and HH prob go. Nothing left for Henry to prove

Hawghiggs

October 12, 2015, 09:28:23 pm #43 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:10:25 pm by Hawghiggs
Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 12, 2015, 06:34:29 pm
No lol
Actually yes.  The vast amount of recruits don't go further than 300 miles from home. It sucks, But it's also the truth. Getting into the Kansas city and St. Louis metro areas is a must for the Hawgs. I'm never going to say that we should base are recruiting solely around those areas. But talent does come from there.

wachhog

Somebody fooled you apparently. 

WaltonCollege

I think henry, kirk, jwill, and ac go. Hatcher comes back. we need AT LEAST 1ILB 1OLB 1OT 1RB then best players available.

colbs

Quote from: secneahog on October 12, 2015, 12:13:56 pm
That's right.  +1.  He is a must get.  I know he's high on Utah also. 

Boles. Carmouche. Graham. Is who I want at this point.
Has anyone heard how much interest Bolles has in Arkansas?

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 12, 2015, 01:24:21 pm
Quote from: ricepig on October 12, 2015, 01:30:49 pm
Yep, that's the way it is now, it used to be a % of snaps in the first 1/4?? of your schedule. I think since Bielema has said he's mentioned it to JWill and Keon, they expect him to get it if so desired.

You guys are correct. I was remembering the old system - hurt in the first 1/4 and not a conference game = RS year. Not now.

Oklahawg

Quote from: pigskenG on October 12, 2015, 01:59:15 pm
Tennessee has been 'encouraging' players to transfer since Butch Jones has been there. And I mean 3* & 4* players, and not because of injuries.  That's how they have been able to over sign recruits. Want a list with the announcement date?

Oct 11 2013 :
WR Vincent Dallas  3*
OL Alan Posey  3*

Jan 8 2013 :
DL Trent Taylor   3*
DL Omari Phillips  4* (after suspension)
DB Deion Bonner   4*

Dec 19 2013 :
WR Paul Harris  4*
RB Tom Smith   3*
DB Tino Thomas  3*

Dec 1 2014 :
TE Daniel Helm   4*
RB Derrell Scott  4*
DE Joe Henderson  4*
DE Dewayne Hendrix  4*

Dec 30 2014 :
DE Jaylen Miller  3*
DB D Andre Payne  4*
WR Drae Bowles  4*

Mar 7, 2015 :
WR Vic Wharton 4*

Aug 10 2015 :
A J Branisel TE  3*

I believe the SEC closed the perceived "loophole" that made this possible. Now, the threshold for getting the scholarship back is higher. Can someone confirm?

Thought it had to be a college infraction, health, academics, or transfer to a lower division to keep playing. Pulling the scholarship is not possible any more. Now, the first list gives you a lot of semantic wiggle room....