What would a win against Alabama do for are recruiting

Biggus Piggus

Are crystal ball ain't that gud.
[CENSORED]!

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

yraciv

Probably 2 or 3 Bama decommits coming over for official visits.  ;)

onebadrubi

Quote from: yraciv on October 09, 2015, 08:56:02 am
Probably 2 or 3 Bama decommits coming over for official visits.  ;)

Our they the good ones though?

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 09, 2015, 08:58:24 am
Our they the good ones though?

Don't matter, thur Bammer commits.

King Kong

I would help especially next year's recruiting class.

Cinco de Hogo

Nut'in,  Finishing strong, going to a bowl game will help a little though.  We will still recruit just about they way we alway do.  Getting the right players for positions of need(maintaining balance) is where a coach can make a difference.

holman24

Same effect as losing to Toledo nothing right now.

PorkRinds

Are recrooting wud skie rock it.

Huckleberry Pig

their would be a lot of knew interest in are football program, kids would be itching too come for officials

jb11

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: jb11 on October 09, 2015, 10:49:11 am
You brutle guys!

ever had peenut brutle before?  my cousin bobby told me it's gud stuff but it tasted a little funnee to me.  kinda like the yeller snow he said was lemonade flavur

Oklahawg

Are cruting comments seam solud. Kneed to add a few moore.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Seebs

Their gooder than middlin I reckon.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

whosiskid

To answer the original intended question, a win against Alabama would amount to a whole lot less than anyone might think.

Fans place all or nothing on individual wins; recruits do not. The most it might do - and I mean the most - would allow CBB tell recruits over the off season that the program is making strides.

I doubt that winning over Alabama would get us a single commit and a loss would not cost us anyone.

Now, losing to Toledo and Texas Tech hurt us. A lot. We seemed to be a program right on the verge of taking the next big step, and we didn't. Now, in fact, I think we are going to surprise a lot of people next year, as long as Austin Allen is not the QB. We are graduating few players and probably will have fewer turn pro than we expect. Denver Kirkland hasn't been having an especially good year and might rethink turning pro. I would be astonished (and let me apologize for the rest of this sentence ahead of time) if Dan Skipper skipped his senior year. Collins might not even go. He has been a work horse for us, but I don't think he has improved his draft stock much. Right now Alex might be 4th round or 5th round material, unless he closes out with a very strong second half of the season (historically he has faded a bit in the second half).

My point is that we'll have a lot of players back. The key will be trying to upgrade at QB. My view of Brandon Allen is that he has been just good enough to keep us from putting more talented QBs in the game instead of him. I have a fear that Rafe Peavey will leave for a program with a spread offense. I also have a fear that Austin Allen, who I don't think has quite as much talent as his brother, would step in place of him because of his having a year or two on other candidates. My hope is that Ty Storey be allowed to start as a redshirt freshman, and if not him, the overrated Town (I am tickled pink he committed to us, but people are acting like he is a dead lock to start, whereas I think Storey is the player to watch) or (if he doesn't transfer) Rafe Peavey. Allen is solid, but during his three years of starting we've rarely seen us beat another team because of outstanding QB play. Instead, Allen is one of those guys who keeps you from losing while racking up stats in the middle of the field, but often fails to do well in the red zone. Ty Storey, who I really do believe will end up starting in 2016, could do things to win games, instead of just keeping us from losing.

If we get a more dangerous QB to go along with the host of returning players, we could be outstanding next year. Regaining a sense that we play exciting football will have vastly more influence on recruiting than the outcome of tomorrow's game.

A win tomorrow would do a lot to get fans more involved with the season, but given how few players we want to add at this point, a win or loss does nothing.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: whosiskid on October 09, 2015, 09:37:46 pm
To answer the original intended question, a win against Alabama would amount to a whole lot less than anyone might think.

Fans place all or nothing on individual wins; recruits do not. The most it might do - and I mean the most - would allow CBB tell recruits over the off season that the program is making strides.

I doubt that winning over Alabama would get us a single commit and a loss would not cost us anyone.

Now, losing to Toledo and Texas Tech hurt us. A lot. We seemed to be a program right on the verge of taking the next big step, and we didn't. Now, in fact, I think we are going to surprise a lot of people next year, as long as Austin Allen is not the QB. We are graduating few players and probably will have fewer turn pro than we expect. Denver Kirkland hasn't been having an especially good year and might rethink turning pro. I would be astonished (and let me apologize for the rest of this sentence ahead of time) if Dan Skipper skipped his senior year. Collins might not even go. He has been a work horse for us, but I don't think he has improved his draft stock much. Right now Alex might be 4th round or 5th round material, unless he closes out with a very strong second half of the season (historically he has faded a bit in the second half).

My point is that we'll have a lot of players back. The key will be trying to upgrade at QB. My view of Brandon Allen is that he has been just good enough to keep us from putting more talented QBs in the game instead of him. I have a fear that Rafe Peavey will leave for a program with a spread offense. I also have a fear that Austin Allen, who I don't think has quite as much talent as his brother, would step in place of him because of his having a year or two on other candidates. My hope is that Ty Storey be allowed to start as a redshirt freshman, and if not him, the overrated Town (I am tickled pink he committed to us, but people are acting like he is a dead lock to start, whereas I think Storey is the player to watch) or (if he doesn't transfer) Rafe Peavey. Allen is solid, but during his three years of starting we've rarely seen us beat another team because of outstanding QB play. Instead, Allen is one of those guys who keeps you from losing while racking up stats in the middle of the field, but often fails to do well in the red zone. Ty Storey, who I really do believe will end up starting in 2016, could do things to win games, instead of just keeping us from losing.

If we get a more dangerous QB to go along with the host of returning players, we could be outstanding next year. Regaining a sense that we play exciting football will have vastly more influence on recruiting than the outcome of tomorrow's game.

A win tomorrow would do a lot to get fans more involved with the season, but given how few players we want to add at this point, a win or loss does nothing.
you had me til Ty Storey. Not to knock him but I'm Team Town.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jgphillips3

Town has everything physically you could ask for.  It's all going to be how fast he learns the offense and how his mental game progresses.  He has more raw talent and skill than any kid we've had the last 30 years except Ryan Mallett.  Sure, he could flame out spectacularly ala Gary Brashears or something, but Town is the best candidate to end the Allen reign.  Nothing against Storey or Peavey so much as it is pro's for Town.

BigSexyHog

Zero.  Might turn a few heads but nothing major will come quick
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

tophawg19

i think he might help with a RB and i think it might help with some big linemen. i'm starting to think beating the Dallas cowboys couldn't even help us in recruiting LB'S
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

zane

RIP LSUfan

Hawgey-Davidson

Probably help us land a few gud ol biguns and some big ol guduns.