Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possibly a good sign for linebacker recruiting

Started by WildRazorback, September 30, 2015, 07:25:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WildRazorback

Just saw this on Twitter. He is talking about his teammate, Dejon Harris, who is commited to Arkansas. Take it as you will ::)

Erockster20

Sure hope it doesn't mean the other way you could take that.

WildRazorback

Quote from: Erockster20 on September 30, 2015, 07:28:32 am
Sure hope it doesn't mean the other way you could take that.

In addition to Arkansas, they share offers from Arizona State and Oregon; both of which I highly doubt are in play.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WildRazorback on September 30, 2015, 07:33:44 am
In addition to Arkansas, they share offers from Arizona State and Oregon; both of which I highly doubt are in play.

True but it kind of sounds like he is asking the other schools he that are recruiting him to offer Harris.

WildRazorback

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 30, 2015, 07:48:18 am
True but it kind of sounds like he is asking the other schools he that are recruiting him to offer Harris.

Interesting angle, hopefully not the case. De'jon has seemed pretty solid on his commitment, but when you start losing games.. who knows.

WooPig90

Quote from: WildRazorback on September 30, 2015, 07:51:40 am
Interesting angle, hopefully not the case. De'jon has seemed pretty solid on his commitment, but when you start losing games.. who knows.

Agree, this is why we need a win this weekend to start things off!!

Bacon_Bitz

Mick

Quote from: WildRazorback on September 30, 2015, 07:33:44 am

Didn't Harris just visit Oregon and talk about how he was impressed by it?

WooPig90

Quote from: Mick on September 30, 2015, 08:20:36 am

Wonder if he was impressed by getting beat by 40 at home  ;D

Mick

Quote from: WooPig90 on September 30, 2015, 08:21:36 am
Wonder if he was impressed by getting beat by 40 at home  ;D

LOL I don't know. Having said that I'm not sure we have a lot of room to talk though either.

WildRazorback

Quote from: Mick on September 30, 2015, 08:20:36 am

They very well could possibly team up at a different university than Arkansas, I just can't see it being Oregon when Divinity is loaded with better offers.

lefty08

For what it's worth, divinity announced only 4 officials. The 5th a mystery......
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Seebs

Similar to going to college for a girlfriend. These kids have no idea about what that world is like and how old relationship disappear quickly.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ARtillahog

Quote from: lefty08 on September 30, 2015, 08:28:42 am
For what it's worth, divinity announced only 4 officials. The 5th a mystery......

I want the best for the Hogs, so I'm going to think and dream the 5th is the Hogs.

Scott7703

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 30, 2015, 08:20:05 am
Yeah, this is bad news, not good news.

I've heard most feel like Arkansas hangs onto Harris. Not sure how it would be bad news if that is the case.

Seebs

Just read RD's article. With Divinity negatively in his ear - will be a long way to Feb
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hawginbigd1

None of RD's reporting gave me any warm fuzzy's today! The plus side to Harris is he is committed and we get him between now and signing day on campus.

Music City Hog

Considering how much Harris just raved about his Oregon visist that he and Divinity just took, I would say it's not good news for our linebacker recruiting.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 30, 2015, 11:12:27 am
Considering how much Harris just raved about his Oregon visist that he and Divinity just took, I would say it's not good news for our linebacker recruiting.

Kids often talk about wanting to play together but often it doesn't work out. May or may not be the case here. I wouldn't get too worried about it right now.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 30, 2015, 11:20:48 am

Kids often talk about wanting to play together but often it doesn't work out. May or may not be the case here. I wouldn't get too worried about it right now.

I agree, we see these type of statements/tweets yearly, but in reality, it seldom comes to fruition. We'll get our visit in a few weeks, let's wait and see what the mood is then.

scruf

Don't tell that to MCH, that's his job. And he's good at it.

FATHAWG08

You just don't know until it happens. Good or Bad!
I love off season Football!!

870hogfan

Quote from: scruf on September 30, 2015, 12:06:35 pm
Don't tell that to MCH, that's his job. And he's good at it.

This, he loves to come on here and rave about bad news.

Inhogswetrust

Recruits are also known sometimes to rave about one place and then sign with another.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Optimus Swine

That kind of looks like a sun devil at the end of the tweet.  I sure hope its not.
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

channum13

Yep, looks like Divinity is pushing the sun devil and Harris seems surprised by it "huh bruh!"
Sure hope not though!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Optimus Swine on October 01, 2015, 12:09:14 am
That kind of looks like a sun devil at the end of the tweet.  I sure hope its not.
or, u could say it looks kinda like a hog
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WildRazorback

Quote from: Optimus Swine on October 01, 2015, 12:09:14 am

That's a very common emoji and I would not consider it a sign.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawgmasta

I pray that the fifth visit is Arkansas or else I wouldn't feel too good about them playing together.

EastMemphisHog

Hill and Gragg wanted to play together too... It is what it is. Twitter posts mean nothing.

jackflash

the way I look at is if he wants to play next to Harris he needs to come to Arkansas. Like this kid but like two from Texas we are recruiting also

WildRazorback