Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need an elite RB in this class

Started by Wildhog, September 22, 2015, 03:22:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: WooPig90 on October 05, 2015, 03:05:51 pm
We may be trying for 2 more backs, depends on what position we view Hammonds at

I'm sure they'll start him out at RB, based on our need there.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgfan4life

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2015, 11:10:32 am
Yeah, he's not an every down back in the SEC, or at least not yet. I'll get killed for this, but 4A football in Arkansas doesn't have you at that level, in most cases.

Exactly!  Look how long it takes for those 2A players from Junction City to be ready.  That RB from Strong a few years back, fell off the face of the earth in Louisiana.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgfan4life on October 09, 2015, 05:18:26 pm
Exactly!  Look how long it takes for those 2A players from Junction City to be ready.  That RB from Strong a few years back, fell off the face of the earth in Louisiana.

Yeah, there's always an exception.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on October 09, 2015, 05:18:26 pm
I thought that kid (is it Dixon?) was doing great at la Tech.  I also remember seeing a crawl on the TV screen projecting top RBs in next years draft and he was #5 I think. 

duckman

I would put our chances of landing Devin White at around 0.01%....

nwahogfan1

I agree that we have very little chance with White out of La. 

Is there not a top JUCO back out there?  We need immediate help there right now because we all expect Collins to go Pro. I think the hard thing is finding a RB with experience running out of the I.  I think that would help.

hoglady

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 09, 2015, 08:12:32 pm
I thought that kid (is it Dixon?) was doing great at la Tech.  I also remember seeing a crawl on the TV screen projecting top RBs in next years draft and he was #5 I think. 

I think he was being sarcastic - or at least I hope he was.
Dixon is one of the top backs in the country.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Wildhog

Quote from: duckman on October 12, 2015, 05:44:08 am

That's surprising.

Said no one ever.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

They take a picture at every school they visit, the picture doesn't tell you anymore than before you saw it. I don't think he's coming here either, but he'll have a picture made if he visits.

PorkRinds

Because he took a picture at FSU?  I mean, he's taken pictures lots of places.  I doubt we get him, but posting this as proof is dumb.

Oklahawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2015, 10:28:13 am
Because he took a picture at FSU?  I mean, he's taken pictures lots of places.  I doubt we get him, but posting this as proof is dumb.

Agreed. In fact, if he visited this summer/spring he probably has one somewhere already.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

duckman

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 12, 2015, 10:28:13 am

Was not meant as proof of anything, FWIW I think we are at 10% now...

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on October 14, 2015, 09:49:44 pm

So, there's a chance!

PorkRinds

He's doing an official, so there's a chance. 

jacobp

If duckman says there is no chance, consider him a Hog.

Been10Hog

Can we get Gov. Hutchinson to annex Springhill, LA? It is literally 0.9 mi from the Ark. state line per MapQuest. Only 53 mi from Hope. He and Agim should hangout!

Dwight_K_Shrute

The poster above me still uses mapquest.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 15, 2015, 11:54:20 am
The poster above me still uses mapquest.

Did you say that in a Beavis or Butthead voice, with a laugh at the end? If so, +1
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorkRinds

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 15, 2015, 12:18:03 pm
Did you say that in a Beavis or Butthead voice, with a laugh at the end? If so, +1

That's exactly how I read it.

duckman

HogsonHicks

These kinds of posts are just silly. Where is something like "10%"  derived, exactly? I have absolutely no idea where the kid will wind up, but he's still taking visits and hasn't announced anything.

There must be some magic formula floating around on the deep web that's used by a handful of these supposed recruiting mystics.

WorfHog

Quote from: HogsonHicks on October 16, 2015, 12:29:04 pm
These kinds of posts are just silly. Where is something like "10%"  derived, exactly? I have absolutely no idea where the kid will wind up, but he's still taking visits and hasn't announced anything.

There must be some magic formula floating around on the deep web that's used by a handful of these supposed recruiting mystics.

73.6% of all statistics are made up.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogsonHicks on October 16, 2015, 12:29:04 pm

Because we have a 10% chance. 50% LSU, 35% Alabama 10% Arkansas 5% other.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hollywood_HOGan45

Have not thought of this but could our issue recruiting RBs be related to the fact that maybe kids don't like running into a brick wall every other play?
Maybe kids these days prefer to play in an offense where they have a better chance of being utilized in space.

I've honestly never seen another coach at Arkansas have such issues of recruiting big time running backs.  Nutt and Petrino had big shortcomings when it came to recruiting defense and linemen but they could rack up on running backs.

Its amazing to me considering the amount of carries we can offer but it could be that kids don't like to run the traditional I-form offense.

NEA_HogFan

Carlos Blackman from Gosnell is an in state guy that is getting attention. He has offers from A-state and SEMO and has garnered interest from the hogs, LSU, and Ole Miss. He is 6-1 215 and runs a 4.5. He is having a monster year so far. Through 5 games he has 77 carries, 1,076 yard and 19 TDs. He is also very good linebacker and can lay a hit. I expect him to have a lot more offers by the end of the year.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3161073/highlights/292577919/v2

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on October 16, 2015, 04:36:17 pm
Carlos Blackman from Gosnell is an in state guy that is getting attention. He has offers from A-state and SEMO and has garnered interest from the hogs, LSU, and Ole Miss. He is 6-1 215 and runs a 4.5. He is having a monster year so far. Through 5 games he has 77 carries, 1,076 yard and 19 TDs. He is also very good linebacker and can lay a hit. I expect him to have a lot more offers by the end of the year.

certainly looks the part
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The_Iceman

SIAP: but D'Vaughn Pennamon is officially visiting us this weekend. Considering their 40 yards rushing against Memphis and the carries available at Arkansas, is there a chance we flip another Texas HS RB from OM like we did with Williams last year?

The_Iceman

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on October 16, 2015, 04:36:17 pm

If nothing else, bring him in as an athlete and see where he fits.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 19, 2015, 03:00:20 pm
SIAP: but D'Vaughn Pennamon is officially visiting us this weekend. Considering their 40 yards rushing against Memphis and the carries available at Arkansas, is there a chance we flip another Texas HS RB from OM like we did with Williams last year?

He's visiting for the UT-Martin game.  It would be a huge relief if we could get him next week.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Quote from: Wildhog on October 19, 2015, 03:02:35 pm
He's visiting for the UT-Martin game.  It would be a huge relief if we could get him next week.

Correct, my mistake. Getting him in would be huge. We need a RB in this class very bad.

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 19, 2015, 03:07:03 pm
Correct, my mistake. Getting him in would be huge. We need a RB in this class very bad.

Yep.  Get him and you've got a solid 1-2 in RW3/Pennamon.  Then you just have to pray they can stay healthy.   :-\
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Iceman

Quote from: Wildhog on October 19, 2015, 03:11:04 pm
Yep.  Get him and you've got a solid 1-2 in RW3/Pennamon.  Then you just have to pray they can stay healthy.   :-\

That's why you need a good 3rd RB like we had this year with RW3. Maybe its someone like Hammonds, or maybe Juan Day can step into that role. Kody Walker might be able to as well next year. But you need that powerful 1-2 punch in Bielema's system in the SEC. That depth at RB will open up the PA passing game for the next QB.

onebadrubi

We need 2 this year.  Just one even if it's an elite like White will be good enough in my opinion.  We need to start getting the RB position to look like our QB position with the numbers of good high school talent just waiting.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 19, 2015, 04:12:09 pm
We need 2 this year.  Just one even if it's an elite like White will be good enough in my opinion.  We need to start getting the RB position to look like our QB position with the numbers of good high school talent just waiting.

I can't see us taking just one...