Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deontre Hardwick

Started by Grizzlyfan, September 09, 2015, 11:31:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Hardwick has been nominated by Tom Lemming to be part of the USA Football's Under 19 US National Team.  This team will play Team Canada in Jerry World on January 31, 2016.

JIHawg

Thanks for updating.  I hope he gets his academics in order, has a great season, and signs with the Hogs.

PorkRinds

I wish Hardwick would get it together in the classroom and get an offer, but he will be going to JUCO.  He may not even make it to JUCO.

Hogberry Snortcake

Didn't realize it was that hopeless.  That's too bad.  Good luck to him either way. 

The_Iceman

This is sad. He looked like he could have been a great LB here. Let's hope one day he is.

PorkRinds

Something might have changed since I heard this, but I doubt it.  It was a steep hill to climb.  They were having trouble even keeping him eligible for high school.

The_Iceman

Well, when I was in high school I went to take my ACT at Southside and I looked at the room list and there was only one room that had two people in it, and it had Tennessee commit Slick Shelley and an Asian name. I wonder how that all worked out.  ;)

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 09, 2015, 03:44:27 pm
Well, when I was in high school I went to take my ACT at Southside and I looked at the room list and there was only one room that had two people in it, and it had Tennessee commit Slick Shelley and an Asian name. I wonder how that all worked out.  ;)

Srick Sherrey got a 32. 

OnTheHillHogFan

It's not just the academics holding back an offer. The kid has a serious lack of coverage skills and the quickness to improve in that area.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on September 09, 2015, 05:19:50 pm
Srick Sherrey got a 32. 

Just about spit out my teeth and I don't have false teeth.

bulldog04

Its seems Mr. Hardwick had some issues with a teammate.  He let it be known on Twitter.

PorkRinds

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 10, 2015, 07:18:25 am
Its seems Mr. Hardwick had some issues with a teammate.  He let it be known on Twitter.

Yep.  There's a girl on the team who thinks she's being discriminated against for some reason.  I can't imagine what issues a girl would have playing high school football.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: hawgfan4life on September 09, 2015, 08:32:44 pm
Just about spit out my teeth and I don't have false teeth.

Wasn't sure if that would get me in trouble.  No offense intended. 

nwahogfan1

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 09, 2015, 11:47:34 am
I wish Hardwick would get it together in the classroom and get an offer, but he will be going to JUCO.  He may not even make it to JUCO.

I just do not think School is that important to him.  He needs to find a Football D league.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on September 09, 2015, 07:29:36 pm
It's not just the academics holding back an offer. The kid has a serious lack of coverage skills and the quickness to improve in that area.

Obviously I have no idea how the academic situation will play out.  But I will say this about his skills.  In the Northside defense Hardwick's job is to chase the ball.  And more often than not he finds it and tackles the guy with it.  He can chase down almost anybody on the offensive side of the ball on most teams.  And if a ball carrier does get by him he can reach out and arm tackle with the best of them.

Given the depth at LB with the Hogs right now and the fact that Hardwick is as big as anyone we have it's hard for me to see how he wouldn't be a prime target.  Recruiting SEC size linebackers is tough.  To find on in-state is rare.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 11, 2015, 01:38:49 pm
Obviously I have no idea how the academic situation will play out.  But I will say this about his skills.  In the Northside defense Hardwick's job is to chase the ball.  And more often than not he finds it and tackles the guy with it.  He can chase down almost anybody on the offensive side of the ball on most teams.  And if a ball carrier does get by him he can reach out and arm tackle with the best of them.

Given the depth at LB with the Hogs right now and the fact that Hardwick is as big as anyone we have it's hard for me to see how he wouldn't be a prime target.  Recruiting SEC size linebackers is tough.  To find on in-state is rare.

It isn't his skills that's holding him back for sure.  I've seen him play multiple times, as I'm sure you have.  He's a beast.  He looks and plays the part of an SEC linebacker.  He studies and does school work on the level of a Kimmons linebacker though...

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 11, 2015, 01:38:49 pm

No matter what a players skills are.....if they can't meet the academic requirements, they won't qualify.  Naturally, this could keep them from being a prime target. Sounds like Hardwick is the only one that could change this. Bet he was informed several times, about needing to raise his grades.  Hope he can.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

PorkRinds

A look at his offer list will tell you all you need to know.  And I really like the kid.  He's a stud.  There's a reason no major offers have been given with his skill set.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 11, 2015, 02:00:46 pm
A look at his offer list will tell you all you need to know.  And I really like the kid.  He's a stud.  There's a reason no major offers have been given with his skill set.
Yep, I think you've pretty much nailed it. I've never seen the young man play in person, however, I've certainly heard and read enough to think that there's definitely SOMETHING that's holding schools from offering. We're to believe that many programs, many of whom will offer a kid if he can merely find the practice field, wouldn't at least make an attempt? Nope, even they obviously see a red flag. Remember it does little good to throw out an offer if it never even has a legitimate chance of being fulfilled.

Pig in the Pokey

kid LOOKS like one of the best linebackers from Arkansas since Freddy Fairchild (with a cap tip to Brooks Ellis who could be that good) . The fact that Lunney hasn't offered is telling.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkRinds

Hardwick is the flat out truth at LB.  Stud. I saw him single handedly take teams' running game away. He and Hardwick were lethal.

GoHogs1091

If larger schools are "shying away" from Hardwick, then perhaps he can go to UCA.  If he went to UCA, then he would be a part of a very strong nucleus of Linebackers for UCA next season.

James Pope   6'3"  245 lbs.
Raphael Garner   6'3"  235 lbs.
Deontre Hardwick   6'0"  244 lbs.
Garrett Sharp   6'3"  230 lbs.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 11, 2015, 10:10:45 pm
If larger schools are "shying away" from Hardwick, then perhaps he can go to UCA.  If he went to UCA, then he would be a part of a very strong nucleus of Linebackers for UCA next season.

Sorry Rain man, it ain't happening.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 09, 2015, 11:31:47 am
Hardwick has been nominated by Tom Lemming to be part of the USA Football's Under 19 US National Team.  This team will play Team Canada in Jerry World on January 31, 2016.
If they are still in High school I sure hope they are under 19.  Unless you are Michael Dyer I guess. 

PorkRyan

He is a stud LB.  A true run stopper that is rare to find these days and he could also play D1 fullback.  Grades are the problem and it isn't getting fixed.  Hopefully, he will go the JUCO route and become recruitable at some point.

As far as the twitter rant at the teammate, I didn't see it.  I did see her rant though and it was in pretty bad form on her part. 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 11, 2015, 10:10:45 pm

UCA linebackers looked pretty good against Oklahoma State.

Grizzlyfan

Daytreon Dean was on the Northside sideline Friday night with a gentlemen that looked like an Arkansas coach.  Anyone confirm or deny?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 28, 2015, 11:15:05 am
Daytreon Dean was on the Northside sideline Friday night with a gentlemen that looked like an Arkansas coach.  Anyone confirm or deny?
All of the coaches were in Texas.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hawgmasta

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 28, 2015, 11:15:05 am

Could of been a GA just so their presence was still there.

PorkRinds

I don't think they are there for Hardwick.  I think it's the lightning fast DB whose name escapes me right now. 

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 29, 2015, 11:29:18 am
I don't think they are there for Hardwick.  I think it's the lightning fast DB whose name escapes me right now. 

Kiondre Thomas
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

WorfHog

Quote from: Wildhog on September 29, 2015, 02:40:36 pm
I think he ends up a hog, fwiw.

Are you going to help him pass the ACT?

Wildhog

Quote from: WorfHog on September 29, 2015, 03:26:46 pm

I wasn't aware Kiondre had academic issues, too.

And I could if I needed to.  ACT=easy
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: WorfHog on September 29, 2015, 03:26:46 pm

I dont think thomas has any academic issues. Could be wrong.

Grizzlyfan

Hardwick played like a man possessed Friday night against Springdale.  Then took the ACT Saturday morning.  I hope the kid did well and get's a shot.

scruf

It's funny when "fans" get mad at a coach because he doesn't yet have any players committed from the high school the "fans" attended/attend.

PorkRinds

Quote from: scruf on October 27, 2015, 02:24:06 am
It's funny when "fans" get mad at a coach because he doesn't yet have any players committed from the high school the "fans" attended/attend.

Huh?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: scruf on October 27, 2015, 02:24:06 am
I'll second PorkRinds "huh" and add "what the hell are you talking about"?  I know exactly why no big programs have offered Hardwick.  Everyone does.  I still hope he did well on the ACT and has a chance to play at the highest level possible.  This is the kind of guy that ends up at a small school and then the League.  He has the body and the attitude for it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 28, 2015, 11:05:04 am
I'll second PorkRinds "huh" and add "what the hell are you talking about"?  I know exactly why no big programs have offered Hardwick.  Everyone does.  I still hope he did well on the ACT and has a chance to play at the highest level possible.  This is the kind of guy that ends up at a small school and then the League.  He has the body and the attitude for it.

Agreed with your last point.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 28, 2015, 11:15:46 am
Agreed with your last point.

The sad thing is with the way this class and numbers are shaping up I don't think we can risk a kid that might be "close" when coming time to get in to the school.  I think he will have to be a guarantee in or lose a late prospect to be given a chance. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 28, 2015, 11:25:17 am
The sad thing is with the way this class and numbers are shaping up I don't think we can risk a kid that might be "close" when coming time to get in to the school.  I think he will have to be a guarantee in or lose a late prospect to be given a chance.

I don't think there's any way he gets an offer from the hogs. 

Airforcehawg

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 26, 2015, 04:26:06 pm
Hardwick played like a man possessed Friday night against Springdale.  Then took the ACT Saturday morning.  I hope the kid did well and get's a shot.

Seen where Hardwick was recently named Farms Bureau's Defensive Player of the Year 6A/7A...was curious if anyone in the 'know' had any updates on how the ACT went for him and/or if the academics were improving. Would love to see a home town guy make it to the hill.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Airforcehawg on December 18, 2015, 02:16:03 pm
Seen where Hardwick was recently named Farms Bureau's Defensive Player of the Year 6A/7A...was curious if anyone in the 'know' had any updates on how the ACT went for him and/or if the academics were improving. Would love to see a home town guy make it to the hill.

Not a single chance in hades he becomes a hog.  Likely not even juco.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 18, 2015, 02:17:25 pm
Not a single chance in hades he becomes a hog.  Likely not even juco.
His grades are that bad?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

whosiskid

Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 18, 2015, 02:27:21 pm
His grades are that bad?

I don't know if his grades are that bad, but Arkansas probably wouldn't be interested unless he came on as an unpreferred walk on. The only way he becomes a Hog is if he comes on his on dime, if he can get in.

I was real excited about this kid two years ago, but Bielema and decided a long time ago that for whatever reason, they weren't interested.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 18, 2015, 02:27:21 pm
His grades are that bad?
Yes his grades are that bad. I will be surprised if he even makes it to, let alone through JUCO. From everything I've heard. Which comes from my cousin who is very good friends with him is that he doesn't even attempt to try. He goes to sleep on test especially the ACT. She said he worked on it for like 10 minutes then just went to sleep the rest of the time. That's sad too because he has all the tools to be a great LB
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

scruf

CBB is primarily interested in uncommon student-athletes.

secneahog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 26, 2015, 04:26:06 pm

VS Springdale.  That's funny. You won't lose to Springdale in football but you will in soccer. ;)
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!