Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danica Patrick leading the Indy 500

Started by hillbilly, May 29, 2005, 02:56:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttsSacked

Mark's on Speed Channel now.  Fun guy.

tophawg19

do you like any other drivers ???? if not your in for a long year next year . jeff burton is in a position to have a good year . are you ford g.m or a dodge fan ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogsgrl09

haha. i dont get that channel :'( o well. i dont really like any other drivers. i most likely wont watch next year. if i do idk who ill go 4. i like jamie mcmurry though. idk y. i dont really care....i like chevy
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

hogsgrl09

"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

tophawg19

most of the drivers we're in sports of one type or another . we'll have to help you find 1 or you won't have much to talk about . Mcmurry will probably move to a better team in the future .he can really drive 2/3 years from now he will challenge for a championship . hoggy there is a lot of action if you understand all that goes on .

NuttsSacked

If you're speaking to me, I'm a Roush Racing fan.  Mark is the veteran in this stable and Jack gave him his shot.

The DeWalt car has taken it's lumps this year, but I'm a Matt fan as well.  Another class driver.

tophawg19

kennesth is one of those drivers who can run well anywhere . he will be a top 5 most years and is a driver who can win at any time . roush will probably make this the flagship team next year .

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on June 03, 2005, 06:34:57 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 03, 2005, 06:31:55 pm
haha. i dont get that channel :'( o well. i dont really like any other drivers. i most likely wont watch next year. if i do idk who ill go 4. i like jamie mcmurry though. idk y. i dont really care....i like chevy
Be happy you don't, I get it but it is never on my TV. I just don't get this watching guys go around in circles and eating pork rinds and drinking beer out of a can thing. These guys are not athletes, the guys who change their tires have more athletic ability than the drivers.

I'd love to know your height and weight, athlete.

hogsgrl09

haha. y dont u give it a chance? :D with an attitude like that ull never like it or understand-hoggy

tophawg19

you think baseball is more of a sport ?? scratch spit throw the ball ,scratch spit hold the ball shake head scratch then throw the ball . the only ones in b-ball who really have to be in shape is an outfielder . hell you may go 5/10 minutes before you really have to do anything . there is a lot of stratagy in baseball stand here kick the dirt move over there kick the dirt .talk about boring .the only team i can stand to watch is Ark . and i follow them in most sports .

hogsgrl09

June 03, 2005, 06:59:22 pm #60 Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 07:02:01 pm by hogsgrl09
yes...but they practice hitting and catchin and the tactics they need. u couldnt go out there and do it.all u need 2  in nascar is sit and drive...not 2 b hatin of course ;D.....omg im a bench warmer!! hahaha :D

tophawg19

race drivers are some of the best conditioned atheletes there are the physcal demands on them are greater than in most sports . no other keeps you constantly in action for 3 or more hours in 150 degree heat . Mark Martin and several other drivers that i know of have workouts that rival anyone in sports . no fat drivers should tell you something .what other sport could an athelete lose 10+ pounds and continue to compete .

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on June 03, 2005, 06:48:20 pm
Quote from: NuttsSacked on June 03, 2005, 06:45:29 pm
Quote from: Hoggysoprano on June 03, 2005, 06:34:57 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 03, 2005, 06:31:55 pm
Be happy you don't, I get it but it is never on my TV. I just don't get this watching guys go around in circles and eating pork rinds and drinking beer out of a can thing. These guys are not athletes, the guys who change their tires have more athletic ability than the drivers.

I'd love to know your height and weight, athlete.

Well I'm not really an athlete anymore, I'm 47 and am 5'10" and weigh about 220. When I was an athlete, and I really did play in college I was 5'10" and 190 ran like a deer and hit for power and average. And for your next question, yes I was more of an athlete than any of those rednecks that drive around in circles.

Damn dude, do you take everything literally?  Regardless, you sound like a lard ass to me.  Especially how you hit for "power and average" in your college days. 

Most athletes look for power and LEVERAGE.

Damn, you don't even have the vocabulary of an athlete.  Talk about a fraud. 

Hoggy, you're a joke from the word go.

chikara_yume

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on June 03, 2005, 05:57:20 pm
Quote from: NuttsSacked on June 03, 2005, 05:54:57 pm
Quote from: Hoggysoprano on June 03, 2005, 12:22:43 pm
Why are you guys talking about NECKCAR? It's not a sport, it's a skill, that's why a woman can finish 5th in the INDY 500. Those people are not athletes.

Only a skill? How many athletes function in 150+ degree heat, much less think straight?

You're out of your element here, Hoggy. Stick with Hog sports.

They are not athletes, none of them could compete in baseball basketball football etc. 

well i have to agree with NuttsSack (what a name lol) i don't see any football, basketball, baseball, softball, ect. competeing in any 150+ degree weather. a baseball player would pass slap out. these drivers have to keep themselves in shape to keep control of their cars. it'd be really bad if someone lost control and passed out because they weren't in shape or use to the heat. the drivers have to stay physicaly fit or else the won't survive or someone else driving along side them won't.  now find me one of your other sports that can say that much.

tophawg19

chikara yume is there some meaning to the name ? just curious ..

pioneerhog

Quote from: NuttsSacked on June 03, 2005, 06:41:20 pm
If you're speaking to me, I'm a Roush Racing fan. Mark is the veteran in this stable and Jack gave him his shot.

The DeWalt car has taken it's lumps this year, but I'm a Matt fan as well. Another class driver.

I too am a Roush fan, Martin is my favorite though, being from Batesville that is a gimme. But I also like Carl Edwards, he can literally drive the wheels off of one and still win. I wouldn't be suprised if he isn't the falgship next year with all the sponsers that are lined up wanting to sponser Carl.

hogsgrl09

tophawg19

you've really got to like the roush stable for next year . new heads , developement on the engines should have all the bugs worked out . really looking at it now the change in the 6 car seems to be the only question roush has unless something developes later .

pioneerhog

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 03, 2005, 08:56:09 pm
help me out fellow mark fan!! lol :D
I figured out along time ago that there is no reason to argue with someone that likes another driver, they won't ever change their mind.

hogsgrl09

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 03, 2005, 08:56:44 pm
you've really got to like the roush stable for next year . new heads , developement on the engines should have all the bugs worked out . really looking at it now the change in the 6 car seems to be the only question roush has unless something developes later .
I like the way it looks, Carl could be hard to beat next year for the title with a year experience under his belt.

tophawg19

it would benefit the team if mark would run 1 more year . he would have a stabilizing effect on edwards and biffle . the talent is there to make a strong title run for 1 of the teams . biffle edwards and kennesth all have a similar style so sharing info should really help .

riccoar

Mark announced today that he will run the Craftsman Truck Series full time next year.  Carl Edwards was supposed to take over the 6 car but got fast tracked to the 99 when Burton left for RCR.  Mark's son Matt and another kid, I believe Joey Lagano, are on tap for Roush.  Mark's son is already under contract with Ford and the other kid just turned 15 and will start racing Hooters Series.  I could also see maybe Ricky Craven who drives the 99 Truck for Roush maybe moving to the 6, but I wouldn't forsee it being a long term thing.

chikara_yume

yes there is actually chikara means strenght and power and yume means dreams in japanese. together it means strong dreams or powerful dreams which ever way you translate it. i have that name because i'm a big dreamer and a major day dreamer.lol

chikara_yume

tophawg19

good info on the 6 car who drives his busch cars . chikara that's a good name choice for you .i wondered if it was an indian name or something out of a book .

tophawg19

yep you don't get it .. turn off your a/c roll up your windows and drive as fast as you can for 4 hours
you can take 6/7 30 second breaks . also you need to do this during rush hour to get the full effect . you need to go to a race to grasp what the fundamentals & attraction are about .especially if you haven't been raised around racing . the competion and the danger are the main attractions to most people .

chikara_yume

not that i know of.... i'm part indian my grandma was like full indian or was it great grandma...i don't remember. Aiyana means eternal blossom but i don't think chikara is an indian name. Keezheekoni means burning fire. and Kineks means  rosebud. my favorite name is Koko it's in the Blackfoot language meaning night abd Magena meaning moon i dont remember where that comes from though. lol i got a funny one for ya... Makkitotosimew...lol it means she has large breasts in the Algonquin language...lol i love it...

tophawg19

you read too much LOL :D But at least you retain some of what you read . of course when you use drugs to get your visions you come up with some strange names .

chikara_yume

If you don't get the concept of NASCAR or have no interest in this "crap" why are you even talking in this room? To get us frustrated with you ignorant and stereotypic views of what you call an opinion.

riccoar

Roush Info:

Nextel Cup #6 Mark Martin, #16 Greg Biffle, #17 Matt Kenseth, #97 Kurt Busch, and #99 Carl Edwards.
Busch Series  #9 Mark Martin, #9 and #17 Matt Kenseth, #60 Carl Edwards, #66 Greg Biffle.  **Mark and Matt run partial schedules in Busch as does Biffle but Biffle drives for a different owner.  Edwards is the only full time driver for the Busch Series and currently leads the points in Busch.
Craftsman Trucks  #50 Todd Kluever, #99 Ricky Craven

Some people don't like NASCAR, but that is only because they don't understand it, and I'm cool with that.  I watch most other sports but don't attend any games.  Until I can BYOB into the stands like you can in NASCAR, I doubt I will.

tophawg19

so you are one of us nascar nuts to .seems to be more of us on here than i thought . i enjoy most sports and like watching most but auto racing has a different atmosphere . a danger factor that most sports lack . i love the contact of football and that is as close to nascar as it gets that and bull riding .

pioneerhog

Quote from: riccoar on June 03, 2005, 09:20:37 pm
Mark announced today that he will run the Craftsman Truck Series full time next year. Carl Edwards was supposed to take over the 6 car but got fast tracked to the 99 when Burton left for RCR. Mark's son Matt and another kid, I believe Joey Lagano, are on tap for Roush. Mark's son is already under contract with Ford and the other kid just turned 15 and will start racing Hooters Series. I could also see maybe Ricky Craven who drives the 99 Truck for Roush maybe moving to the 6, but I wouldn't forsee it being a long term thing.
I have been saying that for a while now. When you live in his hometown and know the right people you find these things out. Matt is 13 from what i can figure out, so it will be awhile before he is in a Roush car. Matt was the youngest driver ever signed by Ford, and the youngest driver on the ford raceing team.

chikara_yume

tophawg19

i would like to see matt martin follow jeff.g , tony stewert & robbie g in the sprint cars for a while .
several others also have experence in this type of racing and it helps them with aggressiveness
without teaching the bump and run racing in asa and hooters . i think he has left the quarter midgets but i can't figure out what series he's in now .dirt track experence helps as well especially when driving a car that is really loose .

tophawg19

June 05, 2005, 10:49:28 am #85 Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 10:52:22 am by tophawg19
M.M  is on nascar 360 his son is racing in the fast truck series ? he is so small ... mark is a typical race dad his son spun out and wrecked the truck and mark's like i don't know what happened my son never spins out . kids like i don't know what happened it must have been the other guys fault .kevin harvick and his wife are on too very funny stuff she is giving him hell over his driving on the road. old show but still good .kenny& rusty wallace as well .kenny is an idiot but very funny .these guys life style is ridicoulos [sp] private jets ,live in fly in communities that's the life i guess .

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 05, 2005, 10:15:11 am
i would like to see matt martin follow jeff.g , tony stewert & robbie g in the sprint cars for a while .
several others also have experence in this type of racing and it helps them with aggressiveness
without teaching the bump and run racing in asa and hooters . i think he has left the quarter midgets but i can't figure out what series he's in now .dirt track experence helps as well especially when driving a car that is really loose .
I have heard that Matt is going to be running at Batesville some in the future, so the dirt track stuff might happen for him. THere is also a rumor that Mark is going to build a asphalt track in Batesville too, don't know that there is much truth to that one though. I also have heard that Mark is going to run some events at Batesville next year and in the following years, with what he has done last year that one seems highly possible. Yeah Matt is running the Fast Truck series right now, and it doesn't seem that he is doing to bad in them, considering that he is younger than all the rest of them, they made an exception to the age rule so he could race in it.

http://www.mattmartin.net/index.htm

tophawg19

i hate to see exceptions made for anyone . this 360 is a good show . matt is so small i'm not sure he'sgoing to be big enough to see over the wheel.

pioneerhog

Well he was 13 going on 14 and the age limit is 14, so it is not like they did a big exemption. They said they looked at his experience and performance when makeing him exempt. Also just heard on the prerace that Martin Truex JR could be a successor to the 6 car, he would probably be a good driver for the car but I just don't really like Truex, might be because he is with DEI.

tophawg19

that would make roush hard to beat . hendrick and roush have the best young talent in racing also did you see where they agree dale jr may wind up leaving DEI . somebodies gotta change his pampers . i like J. GORDON today j.johnson will do well but martin has done well here so today may belong to him .

pioneerhog

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 05, 2005, 12:46:01 pm
that would make roush hard to beat . hendrick and roush have the best young talent in racing also did you see where they agree dale jr may wind up leaving DEI . somebodies gotta change his pampers . i like J. GORDON today j.johnson will do well but martin has done well here so today may belong to him .
Yeah I saw where they said he may leave DEI, but that isn't that big of a suprise, racing is a buisness and if your not getting results you have got to find someone else to do it. So tell me Tophawg, how do you feel about your man Gordo now, I swear I like Stewert more and more every week.

tophawg19

he may get mark next week .i liked the way gordon handled straight to the point i'm going to take him out next time . if nascar don't do something the points race willnot matter by the 26th week . i think it was you that made that observation a couple weeks ago . something has to be done to get the drivers under control .stewert took out the 24 , 21 and rammed the 48 w.t.f was he thinking . i was hoping J.Johnson would park him on the wall . i don't mind racing incidents but in the first 40 laps stupid . the sad thing is the problems are coming from the older drivers . Biffle will win a championship maybe quicker than i 1st thought . i think he will be the 1st to hold a championship in  all 3 divisions .

xkyrie

Chikara: don't let the naysayers tromp you down. It's all good. Just pretend it's like a bad smell that infrequently comes through the window. It doesn't make the countryside less beautiful, just reminds you to appreciate the fun you're having.

chikara_yume

tophawg19

chikara_yume

chikara_yume

tophawg19

chikara_yume

piedra means stone... meaning wolf of stone... well the actually piedra de lobo is wolf of stone... piedra lobo is stone wolf...

chikara_yume

i speck some spanish and i'm trying to learn some native american and japanese.