Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ken Turner

Started by varrichione, October 05, 2017, 04:45:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

varrichione

Someone (who understands the rules) help me with this.  Could Ken Turner be hired as special teams consultant?  Similar to Kiffin initially at Alabama.  He was a special teams genius.

Bacons Rebellion

bville_hog

Georgia hired Kevin Bulter as a GA to help their kickers

PorkSoda

Quote from: bville_hog on October 05, 2017, 05:01:23 pm
Georgia hired Kevin Bulter as a GA to help their kickers
lol, he graduated in like 1985
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 05, 2017, 05:25:33 pm
lol, he graduated in like 1985

You should understand that eople who graduated in the '80s still have significant contributions to make to the world.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 05, 2017, 05:28:21 pm
You should understand that eople who graduated in the '80s still have significant contributions to make to the world.
lol, just thought it was usual for Graduate Assistants to have recently graduated and use the opportunity to start their career.

in this case he graduated over 30 years ago and is essentially towards the end of his career. 

nothing wrong with that, just thought it was funny because its not typical.

since we are discussing non typical ages,

from 20111

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/6952098/faulkner-kicker-alan-moore-61-becomes-oldest-college-player

"A 61-year-old Vietnam veteran and grandfather of five became the oldest player ever to get in a college football game. Alan Moore kicked an extra point for NAIA Faulkner in its season-opener on Saturday."
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Bacons Rebellion

Th
Quote from: PorkSoda on October 05, 2017, 05:47:05 pm
lol, just thought it was usual for Graduate Assistants to have recently graduated and use the opportunity to start their career.

in this case he graduated over 30 years ago and is essentially towards the end of his career. 

nothing wrong with that, just thought it was funny because its not typical.

since we are discussing non typical ages,

from 20111

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/6952098/faulkner-kicker-alan-moore-61-becomes-oldest-college-player

"A 61-year-old Vietnam veteran and grandfather of five became the oldest player ever to get in a college football game. Alan Moore kicked an extra point for NAIA Faulkner in its season-opener on Saturday."

Neat. I missed that. No age limit in NAIA. Perhaps I will go out in the back yard and start working on my punting again.

Ken Turner graduated in 1956.

Seebs

Ken Turner's brain and coaching would work wonders. I don;t care that he is 82, he isn't friggin kicking the ball himself.

Its like saying Stephen Hawking can't teach since he can't take roll. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Tusks

KT is the kicker whisperer
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ward on October 05, 2017, 06:36:34 pm
Martin Van Buren

We should hire Martin Van Buren for special teams

Wear Schoonover or bust!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The OTR

Could we hire Bud Grant while we're at it?

oldfart

i think ken is the best kicking guru ever

East Clintwood

George Blanda  ---  kicking and QBs
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

(notOM)Rebel123

Martin Van Buren

Those Van Buren Boys are tough cookies.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bacons Rebellion

Martin Van Buren

We wouldn't have to pay him much, either. We could promise to name a whole friggin town after him. Like Georgia did for Butler.

sowmonella

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on October 06, 2017, 06:23:55 am
We wouldn't have to pay him much, either. We could promise to name a whole friggin town after him. Like Georgia did for Butler.

I've got a cousin that lives in Kevin, GA.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003