Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kaydn Proctor

Started by mizzouman, March 21, 2024, 05:22:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

This story gets better and better.  Seems like the collective isn't paying up.

https://x.com/iowaswarm/status/1770923414800273744?s=61&t=b4_izmpFu15p_IAtBWY3Sg

jbcarol

Like Proctor wouldn't have a Plan "B".
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mizzouman

Quote from: jbcarol on March 21, 2024, 05:49:07 pmLike Proctor wouldn't have a Plan "B".
Plan "B" as in Back to Bama.

Hawganomics

Referring to Iowa: "This is home. I love home," Proctor said. "This is where I wanted to be."

Guess not.
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.  Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant...Elwood P. Dowd

TheGrove68

So he had a deal... then they got cheap and broke the deal and he decided to head home. Makes sense...
The Grove...  Home of Don Faurot

ua_hogs

My understanding is that the collective is reassuring fans their money didn't go towards Proctor, rather a standalone deal was made for him and was being paid. Keeping upset fans still good with funding the collective.

Apparently he went on spring break trip with Bama teammates. Either way, wild story and hopefully builds momentum for more structure around NIL and player movement, ie employment contracts.

jbcarol

Rece Davis: Kadyn Proctor's potential Alabama return visibly strange

by:
Sam Gillenwater

QuoteKadyn Proctor has confused many with back and forth decisions between Alabama and Iowa. That includes Rece Davis who thinks his case is an example of where player movement in collegiate sports nowadays may have gone just a tad too far.

Davis spoke about Proctor's latest decision to return to Tuscaloosa during the 'College GameDay Podcast':

He said it's odd to him for Proctor to be going back and forth between the Crimson Tide and Hawkeyes. That then leads him to believe it's an instance that shows how some of these players are making their respective recruiting decisions to hastily.

"It's incredible, really," said Davis. "I don't begrudge Kadyn Proctor leaving Alabama to go to Iowa nor coming back. But, I mean, you know what it does, the one thing I thought when I saw this? It does give, at least anecdotal fodder to those who are saying that a lot of these decisions are not well-thought out and that they're being made rashly."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net