Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can the program be turned around?

Started by HogAllMighty, September 09, 2017, 05:14:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardicer

Need a coach to teach kicking.

Need a coach to teach our o line how to push someone around.

Need a coach to teach our receivers how to get open.

Need a coach to teach our running backs how to fight for yards when the o line is getting pushed around.

Need a coach to teach our qbs to make better decisions.

Need a coach to teach the kick return game.

Defense didn't look too bad from what little I saw.

copyhog

I love that blank Bielama expression 🙄

Wildbill

Wildbill

Quote from: oldbooniehog on September 09, 2017, 05:24:28 pm
Define "turned around." Joining the SEC meant Arkansas will be somewhere between second-rate and truly awful for all eternity.

Truth hurts sometimes but this is a true statement~~~

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: Bardicer on September 09, 2017, 05:44:22 pm
Need a coach to teach kicking.

Need a coach to teach our o line how to push someone around.

Need a coach to teach our receivers how to get open.

Need a coach to teach our running backs how to fight for yards when the o line is getting pushed around.

Need a coach to teach our qbs to make better decisions.

Need a coach to teach the kick return game.

Defense didn't look too bad from what little I saw.

Bottom line is, WE NEED A COACH, period.  2 games into the season and he is going to lose the team.  THIS SUCKS.........
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

rickm1976

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on September 09, 2017, 05:54:27 pm
Bottom line is, WE NEED A COACH, period.  2 games into the season and he is going to lose the team.  THIS SUCKS.........

We suffer much more from lack of talent than from lack of coaching.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: rickm1976 on September 09, 2017, 05:56:22 pm

Saban wins 9 or 10 games with this team.  It's the coaching.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

seasonhog

Quote from: copyhog on September 09, 2017, 05:46:09 pm
I love that blank Bielama expression 🙄

Every true Hog fan that don't call for the firing of Beilema & Long today & tomorrow don't care how bad we are.

This is the worst offence we have had in many years.....when is enough.....enough.

Dark Helmet Hog

plucknstrum

I've seen all I need to see.  When is the first basketball game?

Jimbob111

The program can be turned around by firing Jeff Long and a;ll those below him.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

rickm1976

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 09, 2017, 05:57:51 pm
Saban wins 9 or 10 games with this team.  It's the coaching.

Not this year.  It would take Saban a couple of years under his system to start turning it around.

hoghearted

Nope, can't be that. We've been told Bielema has been hauling in the bestest classes ever. Can't be recruiting.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

orvillesghost

Depends on what you mean by turned around

If you mean competing for the SEC title every year, forget it, never will happen. Arkansas is never going to be Alabama or LSU or even Auburn for that matter.

If you mean slipping though and competing or perhaps even winning the SEC once every six to 10 years then you need

1. Arkansas to have a year or better yet two years of producing a bumper crop of real SEC athletes, it does happen occasionally..just not very often.

2. Good recruiters and people who can scheme well enough to overcome some lacks of talent. I doubt if we can ever get into the top 20 recruiting, *we never have* so you need either scheme or coaching to bridge some talent gaps.

3. a bit of a decline for the some of the conference powers, catch Alabama in a rare down year etc.

4. Luck..

HiggiePiggy

I am tired of this.  It is coaching. It is always coaching.   Since 2013 according to rivals.com we have our recruited TCU every year except 1.  So please stop with this excuse.  COACHING is almost always the problem. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

RazorbackAlways

A new coach comes to mind. One that cares less about eating, and more about winning.

BrianG

Quote from: orvillesghost on September 09, 2017, 09:18:17 pm
Depends on what you mean by turned around

If you mean competing for the SEC title every year, forget it, never will happen. Arkansas is never going to be Alabama or LSU or even Auburn for that matter.

If you mean slipping though and competing or perhaps even winning the SEC once every six to 10 years then you need

1. Arkansas to have a year or better yet two years of producing a bumper crop of real SEC athletes, it does happen occasionally..just not very often.

2. Good recruiters and people who can scheme well enough to overcome some lacks of talent. I doubt if we can ever get into the top 20 recruiting, *we never have* so you need either scheme or coaching to bridge some talent gaps.

3. a bit of a decline for the some of the conference powers, catch Alabama in a rare down year etc.

4. Luck..

Been here for 20 years. Hasn't happened yet.