Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs LSU tonight

Started by TigerHog93, January 10, 2018, 08:08:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerHog93

Should be a great game. Mike Andersons teams seem to lack fundamentals and play pretty sloppy. LSU will slow the game down and keep it close. I think the hogs will get us this time but look for 75-70 type game. Just don't be surprised if the game goes down to the wire and LSU sneaks out with a win.

elksnort

Hogs should win. At least I expect them to win.

Hogs either get turnovers that leads to easy baskets, hit 3s at a very good percentage to win or both.

3of5-2

I'll be there and I expect a total dismantling of LSWho. 85-63 Hogs.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TigerHog93 on January 10, 2018, 08:08:45 am
Should be a great game. Mike Andersons teams seem to lack fundamentals and play pretty sloppy. LSU will slow the game down and keep it close. I think the hogs will get us this time but look for 75-70 type game. Just don't be surprised if the game goes down to the wire and LSU sneaks out with a win.
Hogs by 20.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hoglady

Should be a great game. Mike Andersons teams seem to lack fundamentals and play pretty sloppy. LSU will slow the game down and keep it close. I think the hogs will get us this time but look for 75-70 type game. Just don’t be surprised if the game goes down to the wire and LSU sneaks out with a win.

If Arkansas plays to their potential - the Tigers can't stay in the gym with them.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Fan701

What does "sloppy" mean exactly? That they turn the ball over a lot?

Razorod

Hogs need to win big tonight and I think they will: Hogs 82 LSU 68
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hoglady

If you want a good discussion about the game tonight - don't know why you started out with a post denigrating the Arkansas coach.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TigerHog93

Quote from: hoglady on January 10, 2018, 08:45:59 am
If Arkansas plays to their potential - the Tigers can't stay in the gym with them.

You'll be in for a surprise

TigerHog93

Quote from: hoglady on January 10, 2018, 08:51:56 am
If you want a good discussion about the game tonight - don't know why you started out with a post denigrating the Arkansas coach.

Thats just my opinion. I wouldn't want him as a coach.

Hogwild

Coaching will be the only advantage y'all have,  your boys are going to get run out of the gym. Hogs 80-65

Fan701

Quote from: TigerHog93 on January 10, 2018, 08:58:13 am
The team you say is the "sloppy" one generates fewer turnovers per game than your team, in fact second fewest in the league, leads the league in assist to turnover ratio, shoots the highest percentage in the league, in fact leads your team in almost every "fundamental" category, even in rebounding, which would be our weakest area.  I guess if leading the league or near the top of the league in so many fundamental categories means we're "sloppy," then so be it.

Fan701

Well, that puts you in agreement with a lot of the fools here at Hogville.  Nonetheless, you'd have to go back about ten years to find an LSU team that won as many as our bad coach won last year.  The amazing thing about that is that Louisiana has a much better recruiting area than we do and often, perhaps usually, has great talent, even guys like Ben Simmons.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Fan701 on January 10, 2018, 09:20:49 am
Well, that puts you in agreement with a lot of the fools here at Hogville.  Nonetheless, you'd have to go back about ten years to find an LSU team that won as many as our bad coach won last year.  The amazing thing about that is that Louisiana has a much better recruiting area than we do and often, perhaps usually, has great talent, even guys like Ben Simmons.

+1

BannerMountainMan

a home win that we should get starts out with a post that downgrades our coach, typical.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

King Kong

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 10, 2018, 08:48:22 am
81-69 Hogs

Probably about right. LSU really only has 2 players that are even capable of hitting a shot. Overall bad offensive team don't take care of the ball and don't get good shots.. They are and play solid defense and are long.

I expect it to be close early and we pull away with late

dawn2tusk

I actually agree with the poster that this will be a tough game.  LSU has a decent team.  The freshman PG looks like a player and Mays is really athletic.  Not sure why he couldn't have just said that instead of sounding like 16 year old immature kid.

Jeffcphog

Quote from: dawn2tusk on January 10, 2018, 09:34:33 am
I actually agree with the poster that this will be a tough game.  LSU has a decent team.  The freshman PG looks like a player and Mays is really athletic.  Not sure why he couldn't have just said that instead of sounding like 16 year old immature kid.

Because he probably is a 16 year old immature kid.

Atlhogfan1

Hogs -9 is the line I have seen.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorhead94

Hogs are favored by 9. Yep what he said. ^
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

TigerHog93

Quote from: Jeffcphog on January 10, 2018, 09:44:40 am
Because he probably is a 16 year old immature kid.

24 and slightly immature. Don't see how my post was immature though. What I meant by "sloppy play" is they take a lot of quick shots and play up tempo which isn't really all that organized. I'm not a fan of the run and gun style. It'll be a good game as I said and the Hogs will likely win. I'll be floored if we get blown out as I've seen some on here suggest. ND beat us pretty good because our best player at the time got hurt 3 minutes in and we were still finding ourselves. Nothing that I've seen since leads me to believe LSU will get blown away in any SEC game

hobhog

Quote from: TigerHog93 on January 10, 2018, 10:02:37 am
24 and slightly immature. Don't see how my post was immature though. What I meant by "sloppy play" is they take a lot of quick shots and play up tempo which isn't really all that organized. I'm not a fan of the run and gun style. It'll be a good game as I said and the Hogs will likely win. I'll be floored if we get blown out as I've seen some on here suggest. ND beat us pretty good because our best player at the time got hurt 3 minutes in and we were still finding ourselves. Nothing that I've seen since leads me to believe LSU will get blown away in any SEC game

Thanks for perspective. We are tough at home and should get this win but haven't played well last two games and tigers are high. If it were on the road I'd be worried.

elksnort

Who is LSU'S coach now? I know I can look it up, just don't care that much.

If the Razorbacks don't win then they got some big problems.

Hog Fan...DOH!

If Arkansas is taking shots early in the shot clock... that's bad news for LSU. 

Triple T

I see this being a 15-20pt victory for the Hogs, the players will be pumped up being back at home and will want to get the bad taste from the last two games out of their mouth.

code red

Tigers are about to get "Budded".....not even close.  98-75 HOGS.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cardsNhogs

LSU is not gonna come into a close to sold out BWA and sneak out with a win. Even if you do have the better coach.

Atlhogfan1

January 10, 2018, 11:20:41 am #28 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:41:55 am by Atlhogfan1
Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 10, 2018, 11:17:30 am
LSU is not gonna come into a close to sold out BWA and sneak out with a win. Even if you do have the better coach.

Coaster going back up this week.  I need to add I'm going to distance myself from your second sentence.  That is all on you. 

porkinsons disease

Hogs 82-74. Stops the bleeding,for the time being.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

BDSCT51

Back on track at BWA!

Hogs 98   lswho 73.

Holmes gets a steal and has 6 points. (a three, a layup and plus one at the FT line)
Bleeding Razorback Red

The_Iceman

I dont like this matchup at all.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 10, 2018, 11:57:09 am
I dont like this matchup at all.

I don't either. Fully expecting a hard fought game. Will be pleased if we can get a lead, keep a lead and win by 3.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

popcornhog

It's amazing what a coaching upgrade can do. LSU has outpaced all expectations to date and is certainly capable of the upset but it's not likely.

That said, I see the hogs going 8-1 or 9-0 at home and probably about 2-7 on the road based on what we've seen so far.

I could absolutely see LSU winning at the PMAC.
WPS

TexArkHogFan

LSU was lucky to come away with a win at Texas A&M.  Hit a three at the buzzer.  A&M is 0-4 in SEC play
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

niels_boar

You don't understand what we do if you think our uptempo is unorganized.  You aren't 20th in the nation in pace and sixth in the nation in least TOs per possession by just telling your players to push the ball and hope for the best.  Most teams that turn the ball over this infrequently play at a granny pace like LSU.  We're 16th in the nation in Pomeroy offensive efficiency, and we de-emphasize offensive rebounding in favor of transition defense.  That doesn't happen with players taking a lot of bad shots.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

mckinneyhog5

Hogs win by 10+. Take it to the bank! Could be a blowout but trying tp tamper expectations.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Fan701

Quote from: niels_boar on January 10, 2018, 12:27:44 pm
You don't understand what we do if you think our uptempo is unorganized.  You aren't 20th in the nation in pace and sixth in the nation in least TOs per possession by just telling your players to push the ball and hope for the best.  Most teams that turn the ball over this infrequently play at a granny pace like LSU.  We're 16th in the nation in Pomeroy offensive efficiency, and we de-emphasize offensive rebounding in favor of transition defense.  That doesn't happen with players taking a lot of bad shots.
Once again, you are spot on, but what TigerHog thinks is the same as lots of our fans think.  Your numbers showing that TigerHog and a lot of our fans are wrong will be meaningless to them.  But the rest of us thank you for the clearer perspective you provide.

RaisinHog

He was probably a johnny Jones fan

HF#1

20+ point victory for Arkansas
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Dwight_K_Shrute

Hog fans need to unite for a W then get back to debate tomorrow.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawg414

seriously.. who is LSUs coach now?

Arazorbackguy1

That's exactly what I said about Coach Orgeron
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: dawn2tusk on January 10, 2018, 09:34:33 am

Well, he's from Louisiana. That pretty much explains it.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: niels_boar on January 10, 2018, 12:27:44 pm

Zing!

Hogwild

Paul

Quote from: Hogwild on January 10, 2018, 02:56:19 pm
Will Wade
He is so much better than Johnny Jones...that's what worries me tonight

HawgsPolo

I'm interested to see what the lineup looks like tonight  8)
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

TheRazorback500

We should handle them in BWA, but watch Waters-he's good.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jcul28