Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CK over AA

Started by BannerMountainMan, October 16, 2017, 08:46:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

This has probably been said 20 times but there is no way to play Austin Allen anymore this year, AT ALL. This season is a loss, there's a good chance we will be 2-5 after this week, and if Bielema somehow wants to keep his job he is going to have to play CK to get ready for the future because next year is going to be another lost season if we have a new QB so we need to get him ready now! Their is just no reason to play AA anymore, the only reasons would be is he is a senior and the other reason is he has a dad that can do whatever he wants, but to me those reasons are not good enough! So full steamboat ahead!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

leroyhawg

That's a good sign, no one is arguing with your opinion,  I'm dang sure not
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Hoginsavga

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 16, 2017, 08:46:30 pm
This has probably been said 20 times but there is no way to play Austin Allen anymore this year, AT ALL. This season is a loss, there's a good chance we will be 2-5 after this week, and if Bielema somehow wants to keep his job he is going to have to play CK to get ready for the future because next year is going to be another lost season if we have a new QB so we need to get him ready now! Their is just no reason to play AA anymore, the only reasons would be is he is a senior and the other reason is he has a dad that can do whatever he wants, but to me those reasons are not good enough! So full steamboat ahead!

If your philosophy is correct then why didn't Austin improve since this time last year?  Austin had much better stats against Alabama last year than Cole had against Bama this year. Yet it appears that Austin got worse towards the end of last year and early this year. Or maybe, just maybe the lousy O-line and stinking coaching took its toll on Austin.

My biggest fear for playing Cole the remainder of the year is the mental effect of losing and getting his brains beat out. Whether it's Cole or Austin neither should line up under center. Play from the shotgun so they can see the field better.

I have always believed the best way to play for the future is to play to win your next game. Winning instills confidence and confidence instills winning. Coaches should be fair to all players regardless of whether they are seniors or freshmen. Play the ones that give you the best chance of winning you next game. It's also the fair thing to do for the fans.

longpig

Quote from: Hoginsavga on October 17, 2017, 04:50:37 pm
If your philosophy is correct then why didn't Austin improve since this time last year?  Austin had much better stats against Alabama last year than Cole had against Bama this year. Yet it appears that Austin got worse towards the end of last year and early this year. Or maybe, just maybe the lousy O-line and stinking coaching took its toll on Austin.

My biggest fear for playing Cole the remainder of the year is the mental effect of losing and getting his brains beat out. Whether it's Cole or Austin neither should line up under center. Play from the shotgun so they can see the field better.

I have always believed the best way to play for the future is to play to win your next game. Winning instills confidence and confidence instills winning. Coaches should be fair to all players regardless of whether they are seniors or freshmen. Play the ones that give you the best chance of winning you next game. It's also the fair thing to do for the fans.

I'm not worried about him getting hurt or it messing with his head if he does, Kelley with two e's is more of a hardened target than AA.  That being said, Auburn being Auburn we can expect a lot of blindside DB blitzes this week and them going for the kill shot when he runs. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Bonehog

In the spirit of the message board and the need to argue your crazy!
If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

Sed76

The guys seems to play harder for Cole. That alone is enough to put a end to the Allen Era on the hill.

factchecker

Cole Kelley GIFs from Alabama game:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hobhog

AA deserves better. Hope he gets to win a game here again.