Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Whitt

Started by -Blu, January 27, 2014, 10:12:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

Is there any news on him? Looks like the experts on 247 sports think he's a hog lock.  As of the last 2-3 days 4 experts have predicted he'll commit to the hogs.  247 sports also updated his status to "Warmer" today.  This would be a HUGE get for us.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jimmy-Whitt-32136

Also, a Minnesota gophers expert just posted this info today on twitter.

Matt Gravett ‏@GravettMatt 5h
I hesitate to predict Jimmy Whitt to Arkansas on my #247CrystalBall. Think he could pick up a KU offer if the #Jayhawks miss out on Newman.

mhuff

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pigture perfect

Getting him over Kansas is huge, if true.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogfreak

Another connection recruit. I believe he is pretty close with the Watkins family. He is also a 4* on other services.

-Blu

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2014, 11:18:11 pm
Getting him over Kansas is huge, if true.

I've always liked our chances with getting Whitt.  He's friends with some of the hog players, and he comes to the razorback camps in the summer.  Since, we've offered him I've kinda always felt we've had a slight edge with him, based on that.  Now it's good to see some experts predicting him our way, I think he'd be huge pickup for us.  And TBH I've always thought it was between us and Mizzou with Whitt.  Kansas hasn't offered yet, and they'll either get Newman or McClure or possibly both. 

If I had to make a 2015 class prediction as of right now, I'd say we get Jimmy Whitt, Kevaughn Allen, and probably take a hybrid forward.  Which would be a pretty good class.  With that said, still haven't given up hope on McClure, most think he's a Kansas lock, but hopefully Mike and staff can pull him in, getting him with a Whitt or Allen, would turn the class from really good to great.

RazorAg

Good find. I'm unaware of any recent, significant activity other than him being at the Florida game. I know this; his stock is trending upward. Would be big to lock him in this spring.

Memphis scares me with KeVaughn Allen. I hope we're pulling out all of the stops for both of these guys plus McClure and Admon Gilder. Gotta land two out of that crew.

The real Hogules

Quote from: RazorAg on January 28, 2014, 07:30:23 am
Good find. I'm unaware of any recent, significant activity other than him being at the Florida game. I know this; his stock is trending upward. Would be big to lock him in this spring.

Memphis scares me with KeVaughn Allen. I hope we're pulling out all of the stops for both of these guys plus McClure and Admon Gilder. Gotta land two out of that crew.

I'm holding out hope for McClure, and I think that Allen is a virtual lock.
Getting Whitt on board would be a great get!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hawg Red

Getting two out of Allen/Gilder/Whitt/McClure would be breath-taking. I think a Whitt/Allen combo seems most likely at this point, though it might be foolish to assume we're leading for Allen. He's pretty tight-lipped but what I have heard about his recruitment hasn't been overly positive for Arkansas. That would crush me as he's my favorite player to come out of the state in quite some time. Love his game and demeanor. I'd hate to seem him venture out-of-state.

jry04

I have no idea on Allen, but I know if recruiting ended today, McClure would be a Hog.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on January 28, 2014, 08:45:57 am
I have no idea on Allen, but I know if recruiting ended today, McClure would be a Hog.

You must know something the recruiting experts don't.

poloprince

KA is part of the reason AB transferred back to NLR.  I wouldn't worry about Memphis.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

Quote from: poloprince on January 28, 2014, 08:48:12 am
KA is part of the reason AB transferred back to NLR.  I wouldn't worry about Memphis.

Interesting.

I heard something quite a bit different about that situation. Hope you're right and what I heard isn't.

The_Iceman

He sure looks like a great fit in our system. Long arms, good ball handles, smooth finisher on the fast break, good pull up jumper. He would be a good fit alongside KeVaughn Allen.

I would mind starting the 2015 season with Anthlon Bell, Anton Beard, Nick Babb, KeVaughn Allen, and Jimmy Whitt as our guards. Then in 2016 Mike could run a real nice 3 guard lineup if he adds Monk and Adrian Moore.

-Blu

Quote from: jry04 on January 28, 2014, 08:45:57 am

Wow that's pretty encouraging news about McClure, I assumed at this point he was Kansas recruit to lose. You have some info on the situation or just making a guess?

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 28, 2014, 08:15:01 am
though it might be foolish to assume we're leading for Allen. He's pretty tight-lipped but what I have heard about his recruitment hasn't been overly positive for Arkansas.

Yea, it's been quite on Allen for a while now.  We are still 4 out of 4 for him on the 247 crystal ball, but all of those predictions were made a few months back.  But, you have to figure him being an Arkansas kid and friends with Anton Beard, we'd be in a good position for him.

The_Iceman

Anyone know why Jimmy isn't high on Mizzou? He's from Columbia.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 28, 2014, 04:58:22 pm

He took a visit there like the weekend before he had his visit here.  I would assume that meant he has some interest in them.  I know 247 sports doesn't show them on the list, but I always assumed getting Whitt was between us and Mizzou with Kansas as the 3rd team.

Adam Stokes

Common sense? ;)

The Hogfather

Fear of midgets.

choppedporkextrasauce

They were hoping to get him if he transfered.

passinghog

We really, really, really need more guards...

hawgmasta

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 28, 2014, 09:20:48 am
He sure looks like a great fit in our system. Long arms, good ball handles, smooth finisher on the fast break, good pull up jumper. He would be a good fit alongside KeVaughn Allen.

I would mind starting the 2015 season with Anthlon Bell, Anton Beard, Nick Babb, KeVaughn Allen, and Jimmy Whitt as our guards. Then in 2016 Mike could run a real nice 3 guard lineup if he adds Monk and Adrian Moore.

That lineup and if Portis stays with an unleashed Kingsley. Watch out. Get the best players and let them play.