Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountain biking

Started by kibster, September 24, 2021, 11:34:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kibster

Do we have any mountain bikers on the forum? I have recently taken it up and really enjoying it, but still very much a novice.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

hilljack

I'm a roadie who also occasionally rides a mountain bike.  Mountain biking is great for improving your bike handling skills and there's little to no worry of getting hit by a bus.  If you're up in NWA, there are some amazing trails in Bentonville.  Can't wait to move back to the area.

Best advice I can offer is:  take it easy and have fun!  And wear a helmet and maybe knee pads... you'll crash a lot on the trail.

kibster

Quote from: hilljack on October 04, 2021, 06:21:58 pmI'm a roadie who also occasionally rides a mountain bike.  Mountain biking is great for improving your bike handling skills and there's little to no worry of getting hit by a bus.  If you're up in NWA, there are some amazing trails in Bentonville.  Can't wait to move back to the area.

Best advice I can offer is:  take it easy and have fun!  And wear a helmet and maybe knee pads... you'll crash a lot on the trail.

I have been enjoying it quite a bit and getting much better with practice.

I hope to make it up to NWA in the near future for some of their trials.  My business partner loves biking up there.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Mo_Better_Hogs

One of the biggest things you get from experience, especially going down hills, is how to work both brakes--front and back--so you slow down and stay in control, but don't fly over the handle bars. It's really something you just have to feel out as you go.

kibster

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on November 16, 2022, 12:20:57 amOne of the biggest things you get from experience, especially going down hills, is how to work both brakes--front and back--so you slow down and stay in control, but don't fly over the handle bars. It's really something you just have to feel out as you go.

experience means a lot.  I am someone who doesn't do well with equipment changes and I just got a new bike and it rides completely different, so trying to get experience on it.  Thankfully I am able to ride 3-4 times a week.

Hogsmo Kramer

Was scrolling through and saw this today. I'm pretty much addicted to mtbing and have been since moving to NWA in 2014.

I'm more of a downhill, big jumps, and drops kind of rider than XC, to my wife's dismay, but I love it.

Couldn't live in a better place for it either!

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

kibster

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on December 04, 2022, 10:15:35 amWas scrolling through and saw this today. I'm pretty much addicted to mtbing and have been since moving to NWA in 2014.

I'm more of a downhill, big jumps, and drops kind of rider than XC, to my wife's dismay, but I love it.

Couldn't live in a better place for it either!

No joke. It is amazing up there!  I took off Thursday and Friday to come to NWA to ride.

hogbud

You lost me at "you'll crash a lot".