Started by Swinesong1, March 31, 2015, 12:42:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

RazorPiggie

Thought this was announced a week ago?

Hawg Red

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 31, 2015, 12:52:49 pm
Thought this was announced a week ago?

Not officially but it was in the SEC Early Entries thread.

RazorPiggie

Hawg4life33

I think there was a thread with the same title about Jarrell Martin, while Mickey was still considering. Looks like both are gone now.

The_Iceman

All these guys leaving. Can you imagine if we actually got ours to stay?

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2015, 12:59:55 pm

The LSU guys had a touch decision.  Everybody knows the offense is going to revolve around Ben Simmons next year, with Blakeney having a big role in it as well.  It's possible both of those guys would be more or less reduced to the role players on that team next year, especially if they get Malik Newman, and they look to be right in the mix for him.

That's one of the cons of bringing in a class with a couple of one and done caliber players, your going to run some guys off because everybody pretty much knows they are going to be the stars and offense is going through them.  Your almost better off if your able to keep your older stars like Martin and Mickey, then bring in a couple of 4 stars to compliment them.  That would be a much more scarey team to me.  As it stands now we'll have to wait and see how much Simmons and Blakeney can do as freshman with the current role players LSU currently has.

Swinesong1

Quote from: -Blu on March 31, 2015, 01:21:55 pm
The LSU guys had a touch decision.  Everybody knows the offense is going to revolve around Ben Simmons next year, with Blakeney having a big role in it as well.  It's possible both of those guys would be more or less reduced to the role players on that team next year, especially if they get Malik Newman, and they look to be right in the mix for him.

That's one of the cons of bringing in a class with a couple of one and done caliber players, your going to run some guys off because everybody pretty much knows they are going to be the stars and offense is going through them.  Your almost better off if your able to keep your older stars like Martin and Mickey, then bring in a couple of 4 stars to compliment them.  That would be a much more scarey team to me.  As it stands now we'll have to wait and see how much Simmons and Blakeney can do as freshman with the current role players LSU currently has.
Good points.  They will still have size but none of their returning big men are scoring threats or shot blockers.

GoHogs1091

It is hard to tell how well Blakeney will do as a Freshman.  Blakeney did score 65 points in one of his high school games this season (the 65 points was primarily from jump shots), but when I saw some video of his 65 point game, it looked like his release is somewhat slow.  At the collegiate level, a shooting release can't have any slowness.

Regarding Simmons, he is the #1 ranked player in the country for a reason.  He has a total game, and he has very good versatility.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 31, 2015, 12:59:55 pm

Especially after the UK exodus of atleast 4 guys

hawginbigd1

Rozier from Louisville! Seriously? Wouldn't trade Babb for him I don't believe, and Babb is nothing but potential at this point.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 31, 2015, 04:31:15 pm
Rozier from Louisville! Seriously? Wouldn't trade Babb for him I don't believe, and Babb is nothing but potential at this point.

Not sure if serious.

Have you seen Terry Rozier play?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2015, 04:34:21 pm
Not sure if serious.

17pts, 5 rebs, 3 asts from a 6'1" guard. Pretty solid.

Nipsey Mussle

It can't help that they know what we all already know...LSU doesn't have competent coaching.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2015, 04:34:21 pm
Not sure if serious.

Good possibly great defender, don't think he shoots well enough, and at times the ball seems square when he is handling it. Reminds me of early Qualls without the measurables to go with it, I have been wrong before, I just don't see it. D-league or Europe IMO.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 01, 2015, 09:59:40 am
Good possibly great defender, don't think he shoots well enough, and at times the ball seems square when he is handling it. Reminds me of early Qualls without the measurables to go with it, I have been wrong before, I just don't see it. D-league or Europe IMO.

Okay, but what have you seen from Babb, though? Honestly. I like Nick Babb as much as the next guy, but based on what they've shown in their lives to this point, Terry Rozier is a much better player.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 01, 2015, 10:54:05 am
Okay, but what have you seen from Babb, though? Honestly. I like Nick Babb as much as the next guy, but based on what they've shown in their lives to this point, Terry Rozier is a much better player.
That was kind of where I was going, I don't know what he will be, but i like the potential based on what i have seen. IMO Rozier may have hit his ceiling already.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 01, 2015, 11:10:27 am
That was kind of where I was going, I don't know what he will be, but i like the potential based on what i have seen. IMO Rozier may have hit his ceiling already.

Based on? He's 21 years old. Made a marked jump from freshman to sophomore year. I'm just not see where he might have hit his ceiling when there is plenty to show that he is still growing as a player.

The_Iceman

Oubre from Kansas goes pro too. Only averaged 9 pts 5 rebs per game. Living off of his high school hype.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 01, 2015, 11:28:56 am
Oubre from Kansas goes pro too. Only averaged 9 pts 5 rebs per game. Living off of his high school hype.

Started the season out pretty rough, but in his defense, he did really turn in on the second half of the season. Had some good games against ranked team. Teams definitely leaning on that potential, though.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 01, 2015, 11:17:50 am
Based on? He's 21 years old. Made a marked jump from freshman to sophomore year. I'm just not see where he might have hit his ceiling when there is plenty to show that he is still growing as a player.
You may be correct, I just don't see him being one of that 1 or 2% that make a good living as a pro based on who he is right now, and that he might be able to achieve that under Petino if he stayed. He just has never struck me as a player that i have seen, and I go yeah i could see him turning pro early and playing in the league. You know like a Portis, Smith-Rivera, etc. etc.