Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whitt & Allen

Started by fishes2000, March 30, 2015, 05:55:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fishes2000

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/mar/30/mon
/Razorback guard signee Jimmy Whitt will play for an Arkansas team that will take on a team from Tennessee in the Mike Conley Jr. All Star Classic at Little Rock Hall scheduled for 7:30 Thursday night.
Florida commitment and North Little Rock guard Kevaughn Allen is also expected to play for team Arkansas.

Are Whitt and Allen on the same Arkansas team? If so how fun to see what could be.

Danny J

Marcus Monk was on the Pigtrail last night talking about it but didn't mention Allen specifically. He or Richard one talked about Whitt.

HOGINTENNESSEE

They could make a heck of a team

bulldog04

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 30, 2015, 06:25:08 pm
They could make a heck of a team
I would rather see Whitt and Monk together.  It will be the best transition duo in the country

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: bulldog04 on March 30, 2015, 07:56:45 pm
I would rather see Whitt and Monk together.  It will be the best transition duo in the country

It's not uncommon to have 3 guard lineups in this day and age.

But in all seriousness good luck to Allen and I am super excited about Whitt

jbmoore15

Yes, they will be on the same team.

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: fishes2000 on March 30, 2015, 05:55:47 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/mar/30/mon
/Razorback guard signee Jimmy Whitt will play for an Arkansas team that will take on a team from Tennessee in the Mike Conley Jr. All Star Classic at Little Rock Hall scheduled for 7:30 Thursday night.
Florida commitment and North Little Rock guard Kevaughn Allen is also expected to play for team Arkansas.

Are Whitt and Allen on the same Arkansas team? If so how fun to see what could be.

I wonder if it'll be a packed house. The school is literally right down the street from where I live.

Jimmy Whitt was just interviewed on KATV.  Tremendously well spoken. Among the best interviews I've ever seen for an athlete.  Then they interviewed his parents, and it's easy to see where Jimmy got it.  Impressive family.

Van Boarisson

Is this streamed anywhere???

fishes2000

Not only Whitt and Allen together but also add kapita. The coach is u s reed. And the coach for Tennessee is Dwight Stewart

Hawg Red

Kapita isn't in LR. He was in NYC today playing in a tournament with his prep school.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Knox from Clarendon can play too.

Ham Sandwich

The program at the gym says Kevaughn Allen is undecided.

fishes2000

Arkansas gettin killed. Toriano stoked for Tennessee is ballin. Block shots dunks.
Tenn 71 Ar 45. 9 minutes left

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: fishes2000 on April 02, 2015, 08:15:16 pm
Arkansas gettin killed. Toriano stoked for Tennessee is ballin. Block shots dunks.
Tenn 71 Ar 45. 9 minutes left

Damn, that's a blow out.

fishes2000

Tenn 100 ar 74. 1 minute left

hoglady

I guess team Arkansas forgot to bring some defense.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Rawker

Quote from: hoglady on April 02, 2015, 08:35:22 pm

Whitt showed very quick flashes of brilliance at the beginning, but Tennessee was actually trying to play fairly hard as a team and once the Arkansas guys figured that out they basically quit entirely, except to try to showcase their one-on-one skill and (lack of) 3pt shooting.  In their defense, the Tenn team was flat-out stronger, bigger, taller, and quicker overall, so Arkansas guys understandably saw going inside against bigger guys in an All-Star game as fruitless, because when they did early on, Tenn was making them feel it.  The most notable thing taken away from the game is that the Hogs will have to deal with yet another feisty and super strong player against Ole Miss:  Donte Fitzpatrick, not listed as a Top100, looked like one to me.  He's going to be trouble for the Hogs.  Book it.

intelligence

Quote from: Rawker on April 03, 2015, 01:21:35 am
Whitt showed very quick flashes of brilliance at the beginning, but Tennessee was actually trying to play fairly hard as a team and once the Arkansas guys figured that out they basically quit entirely, except to try to showcase their one-on-one skill and (lack of) 3pt shooting.  In their defense, the Tenn team was flat-out stronger, bigger, taller, and quicker overall, so Arkansas guys understandably saw going inside against bigger guys in an All-Star game as fruitless, because when they did early on, Tenn was making them feel it.  The most notable thing taken away from the game is that the Hogs will have to deal with yet another feisty and super strong player against Ole Miss:  Donte Fitzpatrick, not listed as a Top100, looked like one to me.  He's going to be trouble for the Hogs.  Book it.

Thanks for the report Rawker. How did whitt look? that's all we care about really

gogamer

April 03, 2015, 06:35:15 am #19 Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:48:34 am by gogamer
Quote from: intelligence on April 03, 2015, 01:33:47 am
Thanks for the report Rawker. How did whitt look? that's all we care about really

I was with the Rawk and as he said Whitt was noticebly sharp and very quick to the hole in the beginning.  He made a couple drives with dish outs to the 3 pt shooter that we haven't seen at Arkansas in I can't remember how long. 

Whitt and Allen both could take there defenders to the hole at will.  As Rawk said though Tenn had some bigs that would not stand for it after they beat their defender.  Then it became a 3 pt jacking-missing team (Ar), against a full-court-defensive-stealing-high-flying-passing-ally-ooping team (Tn) that couldn't be stopped.

And Ooof . . . Terence Davis (not Fitzpatrick) is gonna give us fits at Ole Miss!   Dude posterized a kid as good as any Qualls lift-off we've seen at Arkansas.

Edit:  It's Terence Davis not Fitzpatrick that's going to Ole Miss and was the MVP last night.  Scored 27 last night and was the posterizer!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hoglady on April 02, 2015, 08:35:22 pm

Sounds like our team at times haha.

Pork Twain

Quote from: fishes2000 on April 02, 2015, 07:36:36 pm
Not only Whitt and Allen together but also add kapita. The coach is u s reed. And the coach for Tennessee is Dwight Stewart
Your ability to post a photo right side up is impressive
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LRrazorback

Anyone know the stats on Whitt and Allen last night?  Who looked to be the better player?

HF#1

Quote from: LRrazorback on April 03, 2015, 10:14:41 am
Anyone know the stats on Whitt and Allen last night?  Who looked to be the better player?

Whitt lead the team in scoring.  Believe Allen only had 3 points.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg Red

Quote from: HF#1 on April 03, 2015, 10:19:13 am
Whitt lead the team in scoring.  Believe Allen only had 3 points.

Last update I saw had KeVaughn in double figures.

EDIT: Whitt had 16, KeVaughn had 11.

HF#1

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 03, 2015, 10:20:47 am
Last update I saw had KeVaughn in double figures.

EDIT: Whitt had 16, KeVaughn had 11.

I may have seen the half time stats
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Paul

Quote from: Rawker on April 03, 2015, 01:21:35 am
we need some men who won't get rooted out under the boards

hhicNaychaBoi

with babb transferring and donovan possibly going to the nba to coach does anyone feel that our chances to get allen have gone up drastically?

jry04

Quote from: hhicNaychaBoi on April 03, 2015, 12:47:06 pm
with babb transferring and donovan possibly going to the nba to coach does anyone feel that our chances to get allen have gone up drastically?
No. Our chances were never on Allen's side. Mike backed off of him. Allen said it himself. If we wanted Allen, there would be a pretty good chance he would be ours.

hhicNaychaBoi

maybe mike will reach out to him now that babb is gone

jry04

Quote from: hhicNaychaBoi on April 03, 2015, 12:51:47 pm
Maybe, but if he didn't want him before, I am not sure anything changes just because Babb is gone. As many have said, we are likely going to try and replace Babb with Frazier.

jbmoore15

Quote from: hhicNaychaBoi on April 03, 2015, 12:51:47 pm

Arkansas will not contact KA.

Big Nasty 34

Better go get Frazier. Period

labb

KA has made it real clear that he is not going to be a Razorback no matter what the situation is at Fla. or Memphis. Time to move on from this subject.

rude1

Quote from: labb on April 04, 2015, 08:29:52 am
KA has made it real clear that he is not going to be a Razorback no matter what the situation is at Fla. or Memphis. Time to move on from this subject.
This has been the case from the beginning. No matter what happens at FL. he is not coming here and would only choose another out of state school.

chenalhog

Quote from: rude1 on April 04, 2015, 10:45:04 am
This has been the case from the beginning. No matter what happens at FL. he is not coming here and would only choose another out of state school.

Where did Allan go??

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: chenalhog on May 17, 2015, 01:13:13 pm

Where did Allan go??

Allan Houston? UT

The real question is where is KeVaughn Allen going