Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gonzaga getting

Started by Topcat, March 29, 2015, 05:46:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Topcat

robbed by the officials. A series of questionable calls are killing the Zags. Always something you have to deal with when playing Duke.

yraciv

Ha! Yeah right. Duke bias...

Porked Tongue

These threads are about as common as "what channel is the game on".

Gonzo

What channel are the refs cheating on?

Go Hogs!

Atlhogfan1

As a Duke fan of 30+ years(after the Hogs), this is first time I have seen this suggested. ::)

NRG Stadium is horrible for basketball.  Wish something would happen to force next season's F4 to be moved.

The Zags lost because:

They couldn't hit shots.
Pangos played horribly.
Zags 13 turnovers to Duke's 2
Winslow
Matt Jones
Duke's defense
Duke only 2 turnovers with their starting guards playing all 40 minutes
Wiltjer blowing the layup

Great to see Coach K with his 12th Final 4 tying Wooden.  Remarkable run over 4 decades and the game having changed so much over that time. 

I don't see them having the depth to beat UK.  Jones and Cook could give UK problems off the dribble.  Wish they could have Zoubek from the 2010 NC team for the F4.  They may not even beat Mich St. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 29, 2015, 06:55:51 pm
As a Duke fan of 30+ years(after the Hogs), this is first time I have seen this suggested. ::)

NRG Stadium is horrible for basketball.  Wish something would happen to force next season's F4 to be moved.

The Zags lost because:

They couldn't hit shots.
Pangos played horribly.
Zags 13 turnovers to Duke's 2
Winslow
Matt Jones
Duke's defense
Duke only 2 turnovers with their starting guards playing all 40 minutes
Wiltjer blowing the layup

Great to see Coach K with his 12th Final 4 tying Wooden.  Remarkable run over 4 decades and the game having changed so much over that time. 

I don't see them having the depth to beat UK.  Jones and Cook could give UK problems off the dribble.  Wish they could have Zoubek from the 2010 NC team for the F4.  They may not even beat Mich St.

It's a catch 22 on having Final Fours in those huge venues. I think the Final Four is the greatest sporting event you can attend, and try to go to one every 3-4 years. It is so much easier to get tickets in those venues without paying a Kings Ransom for them. The downside is, your seat is probably going to suck.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 29, 2015, 07:01:40 pm
It's a catch 22 on having Final Fours in those huge venues. I think the Final Four is the greatest sporting event you can attend, and try to go to one every 3-4 years. It is so much easier to get tickets in those venues without paying a Kings Ransom for them. The downside is, your seat is probably going to suck.

I agree on getting tickets to one and it is an event all sports fans should attend at some point.  Something about Houston though in the games that have been played there.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Topcat

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 29, 2015, 05:50:26 pm
These threads are about as common as "what channel is the game on".
Is this your total contribution all the time? 5000 posts of little wise a** remarks. If this post is too 'common' for you, why don't you go read something else.   

Hoggish1

Quote from: Topcat on March 29, 2015, 05:46:29 pm
robbed by the officials. A series of questionable calls are killing the Zags. Always something you have to deal with when playing Duke.

Then UK vs. Duke should be interesting...

Too bad WI ends UK's run.  Sob, sob...

Hoggish1

NRG Stadium is horrible for basketball. 
[/quote]

So, who made the choice for this venue?

Acehawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 29, 2015, 07:44:09 pm
Then UK vs. Duke should be interesting...

Duke will get the calls.  They are the basketball darlings of the NCAA.

Danny J

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 29, 2015, 07:47:30 pm
NRG Stadium is horrible for basketball. 

So, who made the choice for this venue?
I am not sure but wish they would have played it in a true basketball arena suitable for shooting. Wasn't it two or three years ago they had the same issues? Scoring went down by almost 15-20% versus the other sites and perimeter FG % was down drastically.