Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheating refs give Kentucky the game while Judd...

Started by Overtheroadtruckdriver, March 28, 2015, 10:15:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on March 31, 2015, 08:56:52 am
No he's not. I'm probably one of those people who you would call a "crazy kid on the internet". I can guarantee you that younger generations have no clue who Ashley Judd is but they all know the Clintons.

Honestly, I just Google'd her because I couldn't remember what she looked like.

During the Kentucky/ND game I was confused why they kept showing the same random Kentucky fan until I checked Twitter.

This. Everybody recognizes ol lover boy Bill

Ashley Judd is in the same boat as Wynona ... and it's sinking quickly
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Jborohog09

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 06:52:48 am
I'm dead serious. 

More people recognize Judd than Bill.  I'm not happy about that fact.  Says a lot about society when a former president fades from the limelight and Nashville and Hollywood royalty takes his place as the most recognizable person in college basketball and one of the most recognizable in the nation. 

Don't blame me.  Blame these crazy kids on the internet.  They're the ones who keep the Kardashians and Judds in the limelight while the carters, clintons, and Bush's fade into obscurity.

I'm 23 and I asked quite a few people what they thought of Judd and the response 90% of the time was, "who?"  They all know who Clinton is, some thanks to the parody account on twitter.

Danny J

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 06:27:41 am
Ashley Judd is becoming an icon whether danny J wants to admit it or not (bitterness from him possibly because he's long past his own glory days as Molly Harchet's lead singer).  Bill's great but his time has passed.  Judd gets the nod ever so slightly.  Maybe if Kentucky loses Bill moves ahead again.  It's very close right now in terms of who is most recognizable and influential.
True...I have been Flirting with Disaster for years....I believe it was my bad example that led to Petrino's downfall.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Jborohog09 on March 31, 2015, 02:09:54 pm
I'm 23 and I asked quite a few people what they thought of Judd and the response 90% of the time was, "who?"  They all know who Clinton is, some thanks to the parody account on twitter.

You kids are all het up about Ashley judd.  It's making me physically ill.  Now everyone is saying they're more popular than former presidebtd which makes me even sicker.

This whole thing is out of control.  Kardashians and Judds are warping young people's minds.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 31, 2015, 08:13:17 am
Just because you don't go to the movies, it doesn't make you a expert. Ashley is the highest paid actress in the world.   http://en.mediamass.net/people/ashley-judd/highest-paid.html

You do realize that mediamass is a satirical website that fabricates stories, don't your?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 04:40:28 pm
You kids are all het up about Ashley judd.  It's making me physically ill.  Now everyone is saying they're more popular than former presidebtd which makes me even sicker.

This whole thing is out of control.  Kardashians and Judds are warping young people's minds.

Of course the Kardashians are more recognizable than Jimmy Carter. He was President 35 years ago!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 31, 2015, 06:41:17 pm
Of course the Kardashians are more recognizable than Jimmy Carter. He was President 35 years ago!

Finally somebody who gets my point. 

Everbody has a big name super fan in the final four.

Judd, magic johnson for Michigan state,  Aaron rogers for Wisconsin, and of course Ken jeong (Leslie chow) for duke.  All four are hogging up the camera and will be doing more of that this weekend.

No retired presidents will be with 100 miles of the place.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 07:09:10 pm

Judd, magic johnson for Michigan state,  Aaron rogers for Wisconsin, and of course Ken jeong (Leslie chow) for duke.  All four are hogging up the camera and will be doing more of that this weekend.

Some of the cowboy players were watching duke their last game.

I never doubted that k.k. was more recognizable than j.c., but the Judd over Clinton comment is false.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 07:09:10 pm

Don't confuse being "recognizable" with being "influential" (or important).

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 31, 2015, 08:20:52 pm
Don't confuse being "recognizable" with being "influential" (or important).

Judd is recognizable and influential...much to my chagrin. 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 10:11:30 pm
Judd is recognizable and influential...much to my chagrin. 
Tell em OTR! Do you have a kitchen in your truck?

HogBreath

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 31, 2015, 07:04:35 am
No way more people recognize Judd over Clinton, he is known world wide, her, Not so much.
Exactly right, President Clinton is known all around the world...even in the mountain nation of Tibet, he is affectionately referred to as Him-a-lay-ya.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

urkillnmesmalls

Am I the only one who finds the humor in OTR's posts?  I'm being serious here.  I LOVE it when I see he's started a thread.  It never ceases to amaze me that he can post about keeping a cooler handy for his brother Odell's cut off appendages during any random activity, and yet people take him seriously about his comments about how influential Ashley Judd is.  Really?   ???   

I'd venture a guess that more people would recognize Monica Lewinsky than Ashley Judd.  Dead serious. 

I'm convinced that we have board members who wouldn't know sarcasm, being facetious, or humor if it walked up and slapped 'em upside the melon.  I bet we even have some members who don't believe in DR's FFSH too.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

twistitup

AJ is riding on the horsetail of her last name....she needs to not be so snarky and rude

She should know, Love can build a bridge

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on April 01, 2015, 12:46:16 am
Am I the only one who finds the humor in OTR's posts?  I'm being serious here.  I LOVE it when I see he's started a thread.  It never ceases to amaze me that he can post about keeping a cooler handy for his brother Odell's cut off appendages during any random activity, and yet people take him seriously about his comments about how influential Ashley Judd is.  Really?   ???   

I'd venture a guess that more people would recognize Monica Lewinsky than Ashley Judd.  Dead serious. 

I'm convinced that we have board members who wouldn't know sarcasm, being facetious, or humor if it walked up and slapped 'em upside the melon.  I bet we even have some members who don't believe in DR's FFSH too.   

(Psssst....we know he's full of it. We just play along.) ;)

twistitup

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HogBreath on March 31, 2015, 11:09:51 pm
Exactly right, President Clinton is known all around the world...even in the mountain nation of Tibet, he is affectionately referred to as Him-a-lay-ya.

+1

Overtheroadtruckdriver

DLUXHOG

Quote from: OTR on March 28, 2015, 10:15:00 pm
Looks on and smirks.

Hate to say I told you so...but I told you so.  Judd's a good luck charm and we need our own mascot/deep pocketed lucky charm.

I'm open  for suggestions as to who that could be.  MC Gainey is Florida's good luck charm.  We better come up with one of our own.

Daley!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

(notOM)Rebel123

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

(notOM)Rebel123