Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheating refs give Kentucky the game while Judd...

Started by Overtheroadtruckdriver, March 28, 2015, 10:15:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Looks on and smirks.

Hate to say I told you so...but I told you so.  Judd's a good luck charm and we need our own mascot/deep pocketed lucky charm.

I'm open  for suggestions as to who that could be.  MC Gainey is Florida's good luck charm.  We better come up with one of our own.

thebignasty

Quote from: OTR on March 28, 2015, 10:15:00 pm
Looks on and smirks.

Hate to say I told you so...but I told you so.  Judd's a good luck charm and we need our own mascot/deep pocketed lucky charm.

I'm open  for suggestions as to who that could be.  MC Gainey is Florida's good luck charm.  We better come up with one of our own.

OTR, I think I speak for he whole fanbase when I say that the obvious choice for our good luck charm is Odell.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: thebignasty on March 28, 2015, 10:16:49 pm
OTR, I think I speak for he whole fanbase when I say that the obvious choice for our good luck charm is Odell.

I can't think of a person with worse luck than odell.  He's the poster child for bad luck.  The deck gets cold when odell gets to the table.  He's lost a eye and several fingers and parts of fingers and ever 4th of July you can bet he's gonna blow up his lip with a black cat or gizmo or scooter is gonna stick a Roman candle down his pants or he's gonna singe his eyebrows off lighting the grill or he's gonna get a finger or tow bit half off by a snapping turtle or he's gonna step on a hot coal.  A man has to keep a cooler full of ice ready to transport a toe or finger and you better keep a stick of parkay ready to relieve a burn. 

If odell is the best lucky charm we got we ain't ever gonna get very far. Hate to say that about my brother.

ADavisTheGOAT

Those Harrison twins are the real lucky ones. Look at the facts.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 28, 2015, 10:31:33 pm
Those Harrison twins are the real lucky ones. Look at the facts.

Judds are lucky as anyone I've ever seen. 

GS99

I actually like (liked?) Judd, but geez, enough already.

I don't get the "cheating refs" deal.  I didn't see the refs be unfair.

JIHawg

I thought the refs did a great job.  They called more fouls on Ky than ND.  They didn't call a lot of fouls, like SEC refs.  They got the out of bounds/shot clock call right.  They didn't insert themselves in the final two minutes.

As far as good luck charm, I guess John Daly is as good as we've ever done.

Hogarusa

How did the refs cheat?  Great game and a great win for UK.  Took ND best shot and went 9/9 from the field in the final 12 minutes of the game
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

thebignasty

Quote from: OTR on March 28, 2015, 10:30:35 pm
I can't think of a person with worse luck than odell.  He's the poster child for bad luck.  The deck gets cold when odell gets to the table.  He's lost a eye and several fingers and parts of fingers and ever 4th of July you can bet he's gonna blow up his lip with a black cat or gizmo or scooter is gonna stick a Roman candle down his pants or he's gonna singe his eyebrows off lighting the grill or he's gonna get a finger or tow bit half off by a snapping turtle or he's gonna step on a hot coal.  A man has to keep a cooler full of ice ready to transport a toe or finger and you better keep a stick of parkay ready to relieve a burn. 

If odell is the best lucky charm we got we ain't ever gonna get very far. Hate to say that about my brother.

Sounds like a true Arkansas fan.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

onebadrubi

The only bad call I saw in te second half was the one cal called for before it even happened.  He had his d roster n with about 1:30 to go and his guys were bringing it down the court, he told the ref what was about to happen and as soon as contact was made a cheap foul was called at the too of the key which allowed call not to burn his last TO and allowed him to substitute in Towns. 

Also, grant gave that game away with his last two selfish possessions

MountieDawg

Kentucky is the luckiest 38 - 0 team I have ever seen. But they are also the Unluckiest 38 - 0 team I have ever seen.
SEC!

onebadrubi

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 28, 2015, 11:28:21 pm
Kentucky is the luckiest 38 - 0 team I have ever seen. But they are also the Unluckiest 38 - 0 team I have ever seen.

It is absolutely impossible to be unlucky and 38-0

MountieDawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 28, 2015, 11:29:16 pm
It is absolutely impossible to be unlucky and 38-0

Can you name a 38 and 0 team that has had worse luck? No because they are the only 38 - 0 team... I was joking!!!!
SEC!

Phenomenal One

HOGINTENNESSEE

ldfergu

Our lucky charm was Bill Clinton in a hog hat.

Hoggish1

How did everyone like the humility shown by Calamari?  First words out of his ship eating grin mouth at court side was we didn't play well and ND played their best game.  He also mentioned how many freshmen he played...

I'm interested in seeing WI beat his @ss...

AloRaptor

TheRazorbackGuy

I'm sorry guys but I'm doing the SEC pom pom waving. I'm pulling for Kentucky bcuz I pull for the SEC

Porquemada

Judd is a bandwagon front runner fan. They keep referring to her as a "Kentucky Superfan". She doesn't follow the football team or the women's basketball team.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Porquemada on March 29, 2015, 08:06:51 pm
Judd is a bandwagon front runner fan. They keep referring to her as a "Kentucky Superfan". She doesn't follow the football team or the women's basketball team.

Have you not seen her in the UK hockey jersey... She was on their hockey schedule poster.... 
SEC!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 29, 2015, 08:09:39 pm
Have you not seen her in the UK hockey jersey... She was on their hockey schedule poster.... 
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hogsanity

Is blaming the refs just the default position some of you take any time a team you are pulling for loses, or a team you hate wins? It is really bush league.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Bam, Alright Now

Bubba Hog > Ashley Judd*

*(in both awesomeness and cup size)

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: OTR on March 28, 2015, 10:15:00 pm

Just need to photoshop Big Red in instead of Ronald, Tusk instead of that gator, Old Main instead of the Statue of Liberty, and the Arkansas state flag instead of Ol' Glory.

younghog

GO HOGS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

southarkhog06

Quote from: hogsanity on March 30, 2015, 09:57:59 am
Is blaming the refs just the default position some of you take any time a team you are pulling for loses, or a team you hate wins? It is really bush league.
Its true, under the table $$$ and academic fraud coupled with a few guys who were supposed to be one and done falling down the draft boards is why UK is undefeated. it has nothing to do with officiating.

Rocket23

Neither did I see superfan Judd at the NIT in 2009 and 2013 (think those were the years).  I was pulling against Cal and her more than I was against Kentucky.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Rocket23 on March 30, 2015, 01:12:26 pm
Neither did I see superfan Judd at the NIT in 2009 and 2013 (think those were the years).  I was pulling against Cal and her more than I was against Kentucky.

But she was will be at the Final Four in 4 of the past 5 years.  Has Bill Clinton been back since the NC? The UK vs notre Dame game was the most watched baketball game ever on Cable Television. If UK and Duke make the championship game it will be the highest rated game ever. Everyone wants to watch UK win or watch UK lose.

Me I want to see PERFECTION!!!
SEC!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 30, 2015, 08:26:03 pm
But she was will be at the Final Four in 4 of the past 5 years.  Has Bill Clinton been back since the NC? The UK vs notre Dame game was the most watched baketball game ever on Cable Television. If UK and Duke make the championship game it will be the highest rated game ever. Everyone wants to watch UK win or watch UK lose.

Me I want to see PERFECTION!!!

President Wm. Jefferson Clinton attended the Ark-LSU game last year. The security issues are quite a bit different for a former President than Ashley Judd.

dagnamit

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 30, 2015, 08:29:59 pm
President Wm. Jefferson Clinton attended the Ark-LSU game last year. The security issues are quite a bit different for a former President than Ashley Judd.

really... Bill spoke at the community college in West Memphis and there was not 500 people there. I was walking my dog about 100 yeards from him and security did not look like it was needed. Seems people did not care to go hear an X President spout the same old same old thing.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: dagnamit on March 30, 2015, 08:38:15 pm
really... Bill spoke at the community college in West Memphis and there was not 500 people there. I was walking my dog about 100 yeards from him and security did not look like it was needed. Seems people did not care to go hear an X President spout the same old same old thing.

Just try walking up to him out in public.....you'll be introduced to a few guys in suits with earpieces.
But he's still more important than Ashley Judd.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 30, 2015, 08:41:47 pm
Just try walking up to him out in public.....you'll be introduced to a few guys in suits with earpieces.
But he's still more important than Ashley Judd.

Debatable.

Right now Judd is getting more camera time than she's gotten in 10 years...she's gonna make a come back.  That much I'll guarantee you. 

Cheating refs will give Kentucky the championship....Judd will smirk her way to national prominence.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: OTR on March 30, 2015, 09:19:44 pm
Debatable.

Right now Judd is getting more camera time than she's gotten in 10 years...she's gonna make a come back.  That much I'll guarantee you. 

Cheating refs will give Kentucky the championship....Judd will smirk her way to national prominence.
Camera time at basketball games won't make her more important than PWJC.

Danny J

There is no comparison....zero comparison between the importance, recognition, on and on and on between Clinton and Judd. None.

PS....I am not a dem or repub BTW.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Danny J on March 30, 2015, 09:25:58 pm
There is no comparison....zero comparison between the importance, recognition, on and on and on between Clinton and Judd. None.

+1

HSVhogfan2

I'll bet Bill would hit it though.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Dr. Starcs

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Ashley Judd is becoming an icon whether danny J wants to admit it or not (bitterness from him possibly because he's long past his own glory days as Molly Harchet's lead singer).  Bill's great but his time has passed.  Judd gets the nod ever so slightly.  Maybe if Kentucky loses Bill moves ahead again.  It's very close right now in terms of who is most recognizable and influential.

Steef

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 30, 2015, 10:28:08 pm
What would Bill not hit?

Guys.

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 06:27:41 am
Ashley Judd is becoming an icon.  Bill's great but his time has passed.  Judd gets the nod ever so slightly.  Maybe if Kentucky loses Bill moves ahead again.  It's very close right now in terms of who is most recognizable and influential.

Cannot tell if you're serious.

If you are....then you're wrong. I'm not a Clinton fan, but the guy is in history books as POTUS.

Judd...is in People Magazine.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I'm dead serious. 

More people recognize Judd than Bill.  I'm not happy about that fact.  Says a lot about society when a former president fades from the limelight and Nashville and Hollywood royalty takes his place as the most recognizable person in college basketball and one of the most recognizable in the nation. 

Don't blame me.  Blame these crazy kids on the internet.  They're the ones who keep the Kardashians and Judds in the limelight while the carters, clintons, and Bush's fade into obscurity.

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 06:52:48 am
I'm dead serious. 

More people recognize Judd than Bill.  I'm not happy about that fact.  Says a lot about society when a former president fades from the limelight and Nashville and Hollywood royalty takes his place as the most recognizable person in college basketball and one of the most recognizable in the nation. 

Don't blame me.  Blame these crazy kids on the internet.  They're the ones who keep the Kardashians and Judds in the limelight while the carters, clintons, and Bush's fade into obscurity.

No way more people recognize Judd over Clinton, he is known world wide, her, Not so much.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 31, 2015, 07:04:35 am
No way more people recognize Judd over Clinton, he is known world wide, her, Not so much.

I guess you'd also argue that more people recognize Jimmy carter than Kim Kardashian or that more people recognize bush sr. Than Kris jenner. 

Hate to say it but you're living in the past. 

twistitup

Bill

Pick up that sax, throw on the hat and represent
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

MountieDawg

Quote from: OTR on March 30, 2015, 09:19:44 pm
Debatable.

Just because you don't go to the movies, it doesn't make you a expert. Ashley is the highest paid actress in the world.   http://en.mediamass.net/people/ashley-judd/highest-paid.html
SEC!

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 08:09:00 am
I guess you'd also argue that more people recognize Jimmy carter than Kim Kardashian or that more people recognize bush sr. Than Kris jenner. 

I didn't know we were debating j.c. and k.k. or Bush and k.j.,both were rather boring presidents. And you accuse me of living in the past.  ???

Clinton is recognizable because he was almost impeached and the m.l. scandal. Not to mention he is still in the news because of his wife.

If you dress Judd in non u.k. clothes and put her in the crowd, she's just another pretty woman,  put Bill in the crowd and, he's still recognizable Bill the former president.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: OTR on March 31, 2015, 08:09:00 am

No he's not. I'm probably one of those people who you would call a "crazy kid on the internet". I can guarantee you that younger generations have no clue who Ashley Judd is but they all know the Clintons.

Honestly, I just Google'd her because I couldn't remember what she looked like.

During the Kentucky/ND game I was confused why they kept showing the same random Kentucky fan until I checked Twitter.