Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I thought St John's and Lavin..

Started by Swinesong1, March 27, 2015, 01:33:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

RazorPiggie

Swinesong1

Went from talking extension to parting ways.

RazorPiggie

Gettin out while the gettin's good?

Losing a lot this year. Maybe he just wants to go back to ESPN. Probably less stress.

Hawg Red

Media types seem to think Dan Hurley is the main target to replace.

Uncle SI

First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Uncle SI on March 27, 2015, 01:46:14 pm
Tenn opening?
Good coach and clean

He's a big city cat. Don't think Knoxville is his scene.

sadhogfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 27, 2015, 01:43:15 pm
Media types seem to think Dan Hurley is the main target to replace.

I just heard that St. John's was going to make a run at Chris Mullin.

The_Iceman

2010–11    St. John's    21–12    NCAA Second Round
2011–12    St. John's    13-19        (only coached 4 games)        
2012–13    St. John's    17–16    NIT Second Round
2013–14    St. John's    20–13    NIT First Round
2014–15    St. John's    21−12    NCAA Round of 64

husker71

Lavin had a really good recruiting class in his 2nd or so year but they all left for other programs or did not pan out.  I thought then that wow Lavin might get them back to where they  once were in the 70s and 80s.  I have been fooled before by this program.  The year they recruited Felipe Lopez and Z Hamilton I was convinced they were back to the top 10 consistently   I was wrong then too.

HF#1

Lavin is better on TV than he is on the court.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg Red

Quote from: sadhogfan on March 27, 2015, 03:40:55 pm
I just heard that St. John's was going to make a run at Chris Mullin.

Risky but I suppose it could work out.

passinghog

Lavin is such a mediocre coach if you look at his results at UCLA and St. John's, both places with access to large pools of basketball talent. Likeable person, just slightly above average as a coach.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 27, 2015, 04:02:09 pm
Lavin is such a mediocre coach if you look at his results at UCLA and St. John's, both places with access to large pools of basketball talent. Likeable person, just slightly above average as a coach.

Nailed.

He's a do-less-with-more guy.

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

passinghog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 27, 2015, 04:04:03 pm
Nailed.

He's a do-less-with-more guy.

I mean he's coached at THE basketball schools in NYC and LA for 12 seasons and has 1 elite eight appearance. It's hard to be that average even if you tried.

Inhogswetrust

He's not had a good conference record while there.................I hope this isn't a recurrence of his prior health problem. If it was though I think they would have said so.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HSVhogfan2

The northeast programs like Seton Hall, Providence, St Johns, ect are still stuck in their past glory and are trying desperately to revive that. Admission standards have made it impossible for a lot of the NYC and Jersey kids to go to those places. First fall guy is the coach.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.