Anyone still praising WVU's press...

Started by songofthesword, March 26, 2015, 10:34:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

songofthesword

lol

\sweet jesus this team is hot garbage

Danny J

Here is Doug Gottlieb's comments during the WVU game in the round of 32:

"If you can look ahead to UK they may have played Arkansas but they pale in comparison to the depth of athletes and style that WVU plays"....

We at least put up a fight.

WPS501

Quote from: Danny J on March 26, 2015, 10:41:19 pm

"If you can look ahead to UK they may have played Arkansas but they pale in comparison to the depth of athletes and style that WVU plays"....

Doug Gottlieb is a joke

Atlhogfan1

WV's defense was impressive this season. 
#1 in college basketball in steals per game, steals per possession, opponents turnovers per possession, opponents turnovers per game, opponents turnovers per offensive play #2 in opponents assist/turnover ratio(UK #1)
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WhatsitHOGabout

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 26, 2015, 11:35:18 pm
#1 in college basketball in steals per game, steals per possession, opponents turnovers per possession, opponents turnovers per game, opponents turnovers per offensive play #2 in opponents assist/turnover ratio(UK #1)

It is easy to get those stats when you play in a weak league.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on March 26, 2015, 11:38:42 pm

Too bad they didn't get to play Miss St.  They may have set some records. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

March 26, 2015, 11:51:03 pm #7 Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:16:35 am by Atlhogfan1
So what do we hope happens to defend tomorrow night?

OU-Mich St

1. Big 12 to lose so the SEC looks better
2. Lon Kruger to lose as someone out there may have suggested he be on our short list when we fired Pelphrey.  Can't have that as it was an insult to Mike.

Duke-Utah

1.  Mitch Albom once said something before the NC game that was taken as a slight to Nolan. 

popcornhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 26, 2015, 11:51:03 pm

OU-Mich St

2. Lon Kruger to lose as someone out there may have suggested he be on our short list when we fired Pelphrey.  Can't have that as it was an insult to Mike.

Duke-Utah

1.  Mitch Albom once said something before the NC game that was a taken as a slight to Nolan.

Why does a Big XII loss to a BIG team make the SEC look better?
WPS

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: popcornhog on March 26, 2015, 11:52:50 pm
Why does a Big XII loss to a BIG team make the SEC look better?

I don't know.  But someone here will make that reach tomorrow night if it happens. 

Danny J

OU-Mich St

Duke-Utah

1.  Mitch Albom once said something before the NC game that was a taken as a slight to Nolan.
I have OU and Duke in the final four in my bracket however I am pulling against them because I hate anything OU and I don't much care for Duke so no matter the outcome....win/win. I have found this strategy the best in picking teams.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J on March 27, 2015, 12:03:24 am
I have OU and Duke in the final four in my bracket however I am pulling against them because I hate anything OU and I don't much care for Duke so no matter the outcome....win/win. I have found this strategy the best in picking teams.

Let's Go Duke!

I had both to the E8 although I'll probably find myself pulling for Mich St.  They are such a tough out in the postseason. 

rude1

What's missing there is their opponents shot a shocking 47% from the field. I had to do a double take when I heard that stat. They were were more feast or famine with their press than we were.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: rude1 on March 27, 2015, 12:20:36 am
What's missing there is their opponents shot a shocking 47% from the field. I had to do a double take when I heard that stat. They were were more feast or famine with their press than we were.

Their defensive rebounding wasn't great either.  These are reasons why their overall defensive efficiency was in the 40s.  They relied on steals and turnovers and offensive rebounding. 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Danny J on March 26, 2015, 10:41:19 pm

West Virginia hasn't an ounce of the offensive skill that Arkansas has. And their defense...LAWL.
[CENSORED]!

Hollywood_HOGan45

OU-Mich St

Duke-Utah

1.  Mitch Albom once said something before the NC game that was taken as a slight to Nolan. 

You'll have to exucse us Arkansas fans.

We like to defend coaches that have done alot for Arkansas basketball.

sowmonella

OU-Mich St

Duke-Utah

He said Duke was a smarter team.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

TomBigBeeHog

OU-Mich St

Some "fan" of ours always rushes on here to post and go ga ga on a team that they think plays our style better than we do, usually in relation to the press and it's effectiveness. There are other variations such as, "so and so needs to teach Mike about blocking out" or "Mike needs watch so and so's team so he can learn to coach big men" etc., etc., ad nauseum. It's childish and rather ridiculous especially on a Hog board. I think that is what the OP was responding to. I almost did it last night but I am following my new rule of "wait a few minutes before hitting send, reread and then post". Now, I only post 1 out of every 10-12 times that I start to send a reply.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on March 26, 2015, 11:38:42 pm
+100000 this. Big 12 was so overrated.

Hogfan1660

I'm not sure who looked worse, the WV press or that monkey faced Ashley Judd??? I didn't notice the "Therapy" dog with her at the game last night and wonder if he got tired of listening to her rambling on about how great Kentucky is???

TheRazorbackGuy

The press should really only be used in desperation late in the game. As a set base defense its best days are in the past.

wildturkey8

OU-Mich St

Duke-Utah

Mitch Albom is a self-righteous tool.

RazorPiggie

Lol. Yeah lets make fun of a team that actually made it to the sweet 16 and lost to a team that killed us twice.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: wildturkey8 on March 27, 2015, 01:26:25 pm
Mitch Albom is a self-righteous tool.

He does have an arrogant public demeanor.  Good writer though. 

code red

Quote from: songofthesword on March 26, 2015, 10:34:06 pm
lol

\sweet jesus this team is hot garbage
Everyone who tries to press UK looks like garbage...we looked like garbage.  Only one way to beat UK....1st don't beat yourself...be smart and collapse in the paint and rebound....2nd don't put them on the line.  Wisconsin is the only team left who can pull it off.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

secfan30

And still yet in the biggest stage against the biggest team they get their rears handed to them