KeVaughn Allen

Started by HAWG MAFIA, March 22, 2015, 10:16:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HAWG MAFIA

What are the odds CMA gets him to flip?

ricepig

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2015, 10:18:03 am
He would have to WANT him to flip before there was a chance...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Marshfieldhog

That's too bad, opie and Munster are on the way down and we are on the way up.

Scott7703

Allen would be a huge pickup. He is am instant impact guy. We definitely need guard help also.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 22, 2015, 10:40:38 am
Allen would be a huge pickup. He is am instant impact guy. We definitely need guard help also.

JIMMY WHITT
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Wooderson

This team needs guys who can handle the ball.  Will really miss Madden in this area.

Durham and Beard are the only decent ball handlers we have. I have no clue about Whitt.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Dr. Starcs

What's the reason for him being so disinterested in the Hogs?

Tusks

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 22, 2015, 12:18:21 pm
What's the reason for him being so disinterested in the Hogs?

dude.....really?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dr. Starcs

Yeah, sorry. I honestly don't know.

I just know he was committed to Florida and then re-opened the process?

Scott7703

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 22, 2015, 10:51:41 am
JIMMY WHITT

There is definitely room for both it by some strange reason we could sway Allen.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 22, 2015, 12:30:25 pm
Yeah, sorry. I honestly don't know.

I just know he was committed to Florida and then re-opened the process?

He didn't re-open anything, he just didn't sign in the early period.

Scott7703

Quote from: Lanny on March 22, 2015, 11:01:33 am
zero

There is an Arkansas recruiting guy who gives it more chance the this. I personally think the ship has sailed but some believe there is a chame until the LOI is sent in.

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2015, 12:32:19 pm
He didn't re-open anything, he just didn't sign in the early period.

While ill say again that i don't really see any way Allen is a hog, there was some doubt there or the LOI would have been signed and sent.

Dr. Starcs

So again, why is he not interested in the Hogs?

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 22, 2015, 12:31:20 pm
There is definitely room for both it by some strange reason we could sway Allen.

Beard, Bell, Hannahs, Whitt, Babb, Durham. That's a ton of players vying for two spots while Qualls mans the three. Maybe Whitt can play the three at moments, but for now guard isn't the issue as much as it is SF.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

870hogfan

Quote from: Wooderson on March 22, 2015, 10:54:20 am
This team needs guys who can handle the ball.  Will really miss Madden in this area.

Durham and Beard are the only decent ball handlers we have. I have no clue about Whitt.

Whitt is no slouch.

Hawg Red

Allen is better, right now, than Bell, Durham and Hannahs. 100%. Jimmy Whitt is not a reason why we don't need Allen. We need both. Can't stand it when people immediately pipe up and throw out Whitt when Allen comes up. Not getting Allen was a bad miss. We would have had a nasty backcourt rotation had we pulled in both Whitt and Allen.

But he ain't coming.

Scott7703

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 22, 2015, 12:45:48 pm
Beard, Bell, Hannahs, Whitt, Babb, Durham. That's a ton of players vying for two spots while Qualls mans the three. Maybe Whitt can play the three at moments, but for now guard isn't the issue as much as it is SF.

Allen is twice the player now as Durham. Just because they are on the team doesn't mean they play.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Scott7703 on March 22, 2015, 01:04:40 pm
Allen is twice the player now as Durham. Just because they are on the team doesn't mean they play.

Anderson favors experience over  raw ability most of the time. A senior will almost always get the nod over a freshman.

cosmodrum

Until Mike changes his mind and procures a bag o' cash for the kid, we ain't getting him.
Go away, batin'

HSVhogfan2

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 22, 2015, 01:10:30 pm
About $25K.  ;)

I was going to ask how much, seems a pittance. Make it out to the NLR Athletic Foundation?

Scott7703

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 22, 2015, 01:08:18 pm
Anderson favors experience over  raw ability most of the time. A senior will almost always get the nod over a freshman.

Problem with this is Allen doesn't just have raw ability. He is a top notch basketball player. He would without a doubt, like Whitt, be a major contributor at Arkansas next season.

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2015, 01:12:01 pm
I was going to ask how much, seems a pittance. Make it out to the NLR Athletic Foundation?

Just make them out to Montez and he'll get a pack of hotdogs for the concession stand and all will be well!

Dr. Starcs

I take it nobody knows why Allen isn't interested in coming to Fayetteville.

Danny J

Quote from: Wooderson on March 22, 2015, 10:54:20 am

Whitt can handle the ball better than anybody we have on the team now. He is not a PG but he is a better ball handler than anybody we currently have. We needed him bad this year. That is why if we can get Portis and Qualls to return we will be a very very good team.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2015, 01:12:01 pm

You pay 24 and I'll do the rest.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on March 22, 2015, 01:22:06 pm
You pay 24 and I'll do the rest.

Gotcha, send me 10 long wheelbase $10's, and I'll forward it on.

Killean

Mike doesn't want Allen.  There are Thousands of rea$on$ why.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Danny J on March 22, 2015, 01:21:23 pm
Whitt can handle the ball better than anybody we have on the team now. He is not a PG but he is a better ball handler than anybody we currently have. We needed him bad this year. That is why if we can get Portis and Qualls to return we will be a very very good team.

Look at the Guard Michigan State had that nobody could check when they spread the floor. That's Whitt. AR hasn't had anyone like that in a long while.

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Smithian

To everyone  harping  on Whitt when Allen comes up, no one is saying Allen is better. Just saying  both is better than one.

rude1

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 22, 2015, 01:16:47 pm
Don't know the reason why but I do know that it was known inside AAU circles for years that he wasn't interested in playing here. He decided this long ago and stuck to it, when a kid has made his mind up like that you might as well move on. Short of doing something illegal he wasn't coming here.

Danny J

Quote from: Smithian on March 22, 2015, 01:32:52 pm
To everyone  harping  on Whitt when Allen comes up, no one is saying Allen is better. Just saying  both is better than one.
No doubt about it.....would love to have both.

Tusks

I hate threads like this.....he ain't coming because the hogs aren't $howing hi$ the lo$e.

Does everyone get it now.  There's a layer of people around him that want to get fricken pai$.  The UA ain't gonna do it.

Please please move on.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

popcornhog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 22, 2015, 12:45:48 pm

It would be Beard, Whitt, and Allen (in no particular order) way above those others fwiw, I would think.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on March 22, 2015, 01:08:18 pm

Isn't Allen more than just raw talent? Hell, Beard earned a starting job as a freshman.
WPS

King

Quote from: tusked on March 22, 2015, 02:19:19 pm
I hate threads like this.....he ain't coming because the hogs aren't $howing hi$ the lo$e.

Does everyone get it now.  There's a layer of people around him that want to get fricken pai$.  The UA ain't gonna do it.

Please please move on.

How long you think it will be before things are cleaned up and we can start signing NLR kids?

popcornhog

Quote from: tusked on March 22, 2015, 02:19:19 pm

Please please move on.

And Florida paid them money? Has the NCAA investigated? Or are you just making this up?
WPS

Smithian

Maybe he went to Florida because they recruited him hard? Their head coach has multiple titles. Good facilities. Recent success. They have a bunch of players in the NBA (Brewer, Beal, Noah, Horford). It's a very good program.

If Florida had to cheat to land Allen, what did Arkansas do to sign Whitt?

King

Quote from: Smithian on March 22, 2015, 02:26:38 pm
Maybe he went to Florida because they recruited him hard? Their head coach has multiple titles. Good facilities. Recent success. They have a bunch of players in the NBA (Brewer, Beal, Noah, Horford). It's a very good program.

I think it is more on the side that the folks in NLR were steering kids away from Arkansas because it would not Get involved in throwing money at players.

rtr

Quote from: King on March 22, 2015, 02:31:22 pm
I think it is more on the side that the folks in NLR were steering kids away from Arkansas because it would not Get involved in throwing money at players.
"Handlers" demanding cash.  I also think AAU is one big racketeering ring.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Danny J

How do we get those people away from the athletes in that area?

chiefhawg

Quote from: Smithian on March 22, 2015, 02:26:38 pm

Come on man. Just about everyone is aware of the long term relationship with the Watkins and Whitt family. I personally don't believe that there is anything other than the young man liked Florida.
Beard is from NLR. There are football Hogs from NLR. Lies, lies and darned lies. 

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

snoblind

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 22, 2015, 01:16:47 pm

Looks to me like it has been stated a few times.

apcapri

ATM...there is zero chance. We do not have a scholarship available for him. Maybe if someone leaves...maybe.

gmarv

does anybody really think hes coming here after the mess that was the recruitment of kj hill?