Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 11, 2015, 09:36:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HamIAm

March 11, 2015, 09:58:45 pm #1 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:25:21 am by HamIAm
6 pages  10 pages

YtownHog

Dedsports is Dudley Dawson I'm pretty sure. 

**sorry Ham, I see you edited that**

HamIAm

Quote from: YtownHog on March 11, 2015, 10:06:44 pm
Dedsports is Dudley Dawson I'm pretty sure.
Thanks.  Saw the same info in another thread and pulled it. Didn't mean to leave you hanging out there like you were replying to something that didn't exist.

YtownHog

All good..

I don't know anything about Nick King.  Anybody got a good scout on him?  I've not seen Memphis play.  I just vaguely remember this kids name as a recruit but I've slept since then.

-Blu

Interesting find.  Nick King actually fits that combo 3/4 position that MA is know to have.  And after Williams/Harris/Miles leave we won't have a guy that fits that mold, would be nice to have a former top 50 player sit out a year and be ready for that 2016-2017 season, because we're going to have a lot of guys leave then, plenty of openings for playing time.

lefty08

The last comment is.gold........they think Todd day is a plant. Haha
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

poloprince

Hmmmm, this my friend could be interesting.
$PoLoPrInCe$

blyhog

I have thought Nick King made a BAD DECISION going to Tiger High anyways.He is a perfect fit for Hawg Ball....he would definitely be a great addition,he was the Hottest Prospect to come out of the M-Town in awhile and then got Pastnered....if he comes to the Hill he will be made into a Big DEAL!!!!

Danny J

Here is a post that I wish were true:

Yes ... it's true ... and Todd Day is taking all the Lawsons with him to Pig Paradise ... . THEY WILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK AFTER THE STATE TOURNAMENT ...
CHEEZSES !!!

WMHawgfan

I think some are hyping Nick up way too much. I have seen him play a few times this year and he has not looked good at all. His offense skills are limited and his defense has been terrible. I know most will say if he had better coaching it would be different and you may be right but right now the thought of him coming doesn't excite me.

dhornjr1

I usually don't have sources but in this case I kinda do and it's possible that Nick may be leaning towards transferring to Ole Miss at this point.

Swinesong1

King and Pookie Powell transferring.  Word is Murray St or Ole Miss for King.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 25, 2015, 08:02:01 am
King and Pookie Powell transferring.  Word is Murray St or Ole Miss for King.

I'm not sure King is really a good option for us. We wouldn't even see him until 2016-2017 season.

Paul

we could use him.  He plays hard from what I've seen of him at Memphis

Nosboar Accubond

Not sure King is what the program needs right now... has potential but too much of an investment and the program really needs to make the right moves over the next year.

rude1

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on March 25, 2015, 02:54:38 pm
Not sure King is what the program needs right now... has potential but too much of an investment and the program really needs to make the right moves over the next year.
^^This. Keaton Miles? Another guy limited offensively who we thought once here would be a perfect fit for us. We can't continue to move the program forward by taking on projects and role players, we need to be selective with players that can be difference makers.

1hogfan

If Todd can open the Memphis Pipeline with Nick King, I say bring him on! I trust Todd's opinion.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on March 25, 2015, 05:35:56 pm
^^This. Keaton Miles? Another guy limited offensively who we thought once here would be a perfect fit for us. We can't continue to move the program forward by taking on projects and role players, we need to be selective with players that can be difference makers.
Yep....need to go get guys who are ready and just need a bit of experince. If you can't dribble or shoot by the end of HS and you have played ball all your life then you probably aren't going to be a difference maker for us.

poloprince

Quote from: Danny J on March 25, 2015, 06:45:53 pm
Yep....need to go get guys who are ready and just need a bit of experince. If you can't dribble or shoot by the end of HS and you have played ball all your life then you probably aren't going to be a difference maker for us.

Qualls turned out mighty nice.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

If Keaton can stay healthy he will play.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Danny J

Quote from: poloprince on March 25, 2015, 07:15:39 pm
Qualls turned out mighty nice.
True but how many of those guys work out at a high level like that for us? Its a risk but in the case of Qualls it definitely worked out. I certainly wouldn't put more than two or three of those kind of players on our team but CMA knows more than I and I trust him.

rude1

Quote from: poloprince on March 25, 2015, 07:19:35 pm
If Keaton can stay healthy he will play.
Yeah we might get one seasons play for a 3 year roster spot, unless a kid is a special talent that's not a good trade off.

-Blu

What teams do you watch that don't have role players? The Dream Team? Your not going to have 13 superstars on your roster, not even Kentucky has that.  Every team has role players, including NBA teams, you need guys that are going to come in and get the hustle plays, bring energy, and do the little stuff to win, there's only 1 basketball on the court everybody can't be an offensive juggernaut on your team.

Miles was an appropriate use of a scholarship at the time, I'm sure CMA wasn't thinking he was going to come in and lead us in scoring, he was hoping once he got healthy he could come in and be an energy player and play some defense for us, which injuries have hampered that, hopefully he's healthy next year and can contribute, if not, other guys will step up, we're only going to play 10 or 11 guys anyways, let's not act like that 12th or 13th man is going to make or break the program.

jry04

To be fair, you cannot have an idea of how good Miles can be based off this season. He had injury, after injury. He showed some explosiveness and ability to defend in a few games, but he had too many lingering injuries to get minutes this season.

As a freshman, he started 30 games for WVU when they were in the Big East. They made the NCAAT, and I think even won a game that season. He has to have some talent for Huggins to start him that many games as a freshman.

rude1

Quote from: -Blu on March 26, 2015, 01:13:45 am
What teams do you watch that don't have role players? The Dream Team? Your not going to have 13 superstars on your roster, not even Kentucky has that.  Every team has role players, including NBA teams, you need guys that are going to come in and get the hustle plays, bring energy, and do the little stuff to win, there's only 1 basketball on the court everybody can't be an offensive juggernaut on your team.

Miles was an appropriate use of a scholarship at the time, I'm sure CMA wasn't thinking he was going to come in and lead us in scoring, he was hoping once he got healthy he could come in and be an energy player and play some defense for us, which injuries have hampered that, hopefully he's healthy next year and can contribute, if not, other guys will step up, we're only going to play 10 or 11 guys anyways, let's not act like that 12th or 13th man is going to make or break the program.
Yes you need role players but right now we have two go to guys and 11 role players with none of those looking like they can lead a team. With prospects of possibly losing both your best players this year or next, you can't continue to stockpile more role players.

Regardless of the reasons the fact remains that we will have had KM on scholarship going on 3 years and will only probably get marginal service of 1 year from him, that's not a good trade off IMO and why I think you must look higher at guys who can come in and be possible game changers with a higher ceiling. The 2 guys we have signed fit that bill, we need to look to more guys like those.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Danny J on March 25, 2015, 07:26:01 pm
True but how many of those guys work out at a high level like that for us? Its a risk but in the case of Qualls it definitely worked out. I certainly wouldn't put more than two or three of those kind of players on our team but CMA knows more than I and I trust him.

A guy named Scotty comes to mind. Not the most heavily recruited player and yet what a player. Not every college star is a 5 or 4 star.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*