Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adam Brown Documentary released-- UPDATE

Started by razorback3072, April 29, 2011, 08:09:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback3072

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on May 05, 2011, 01:15:37 pm
went by last night.  it's a sobering reminder of the extraordinary things that these normal people do. 

They are far from "normal".  Although they want to be seen that way, they are definitely an extraordinary group who ask nothing in return.  They are one of the most humble group of people you will ever meet. 

Thank you for paying your repects.  I know his family appreciates it.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

MHS

Saw Adam's mom yesterday and relayed some of your thoughts on Hogville.  They are so appreciative.  Yes, it was Adam's team that "did it".  These guys, as my son above said, are incredible people.  Having had opportunity to be around them I can assure you they are the most humble, quiet, and polite men you will ever meet, but at the same time you just know that you are in the presence of something very, very special.  No talk of what they do, just like to hear that people at home appreciate and back them.  They are just like all of you, have families, kids, love being with them, but are ready at a moment's notice to put it all behind them and head to God knows where, and do things that are hard to imagine.  Say a prayer for them tonight and every night.  They face hell often, lose comrades who we will never hear about, but keep on doing what it takes to protect us,  and take it to the enemy.  As the patches they adopted for Adam say, "Raise Havoc, and unleash the Hawgs of War"!  They have, and do!

MHS

Sorry, meant "Cry Havoc, and unleash the Hawgs of War."

XX

Quote from: BPsTheMan on May 02, 2011, 09:56:37 am
One of the most patriotic things I've ever seen.

Btw razorback3072, I know a great guy named Coach Welch.

My heart goes out to Adam and his family.  That was an amazing documentary.

So....razorback3072, is Coach Welch a relative?  I graduated in 86...he was my coach.
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

razorback3072

Quote from: XHOG on May 05, 2011, 10:45:07 pm
My heart goes out to Adam and his family.  That was an amazing documentary.

So....razorback3072, is Coach Welch a relative?  I graduated in 86...he was my coach.

No.  I graduated in '90 as did my wife.  She was a frequenter of his study hall class and was very familiar with interdenominationalism.  Anyone that knows Coach Welch, knows what that means.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

XX

May 05, 2011, 11:10:09 pm #55 Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:42:53 am by XHOG
Quote from: razorback3072 on May 05, 2011, 10:56:47 pm
No.  I graduated in '90 as did my wife.  She was a frequenter of his study hall class and was very familiar with interdenominationalism.  Anyone that knows Coach Welch, knows what that means.

Known him for 27 years.....see him regular....I haven't ever heard that one. ???

How's Shawn doing these days?  I thought Coach/Superintendent Anderson did a nice job talking about Adam in the video.

razorback3072

Quote from: XHOG on May 05, 2011, 11:10:09 pm
Known him for 27 years.....see him regular....I haven't ever heard that one. ???

How's Shawn doing these days?  I thought Coach/Superintendent Anderson did a nice job talking about Adam in the video.

My wife Anita, in my avatar, graduated in 88.....she went to high school with you and your wife.  That's our oldest 2 girls....the oldest one, Payton, is a junior at LH now.

I think I remember Anita.  Coach Anderson(that's how he'll always be to me) is awesome.  He goes to church with my parents and Adam's parents.  He's been great through all of this.

You definitely need to ask Coach Welch about interdenominationalism.  Anyone that had him for study hall cringes at that word.

XX

Quote from: razorback3072 on May 05, 2011, 11:36:29 pm
I think I remember Anita.  Coach Anderson(that's how he'll always be to me) is awesome.  He goes to church with my parents and Adam's parents.  He's been great through all of this.

You definitely need to ask Coach Welch about interdenominationalism.  Anyone that had him for study hall cringes at that word.

I agree.....even my children call him Coach.  I was lucky enough to go to high school when Coaches McIntosh, Inebnit, Welch, Anderson, Koonce and Leatherwood were all just starting out.  It was a great time to learn and grow with all of them.  I consider them all good friends.  I knew Coaches Bales, Sanders and Hopkins from high school and they are carrying on a great tradition.

You've got my curiosity up...I'll ask Coach Welch.  Is he gonna cuss or laugh at me? ;D

razorback3072

Quote from: XHOG on May 06, 2011, 12:07:32 am
I agree.....even my children call him Coach.  I was lucky enough to go to high school when Coaches McIntosh, Inebnit, Welch, Anderson, Koonce and Leatherwood were all just starting out.  It was a great time to learn and grow with all of them.  I consider them all good friends.  I knew Coaches Bales, Sanders and Hopkins from high school and they are carrying on a great tradition.

You've got my curiosity up...I'll ask Coach Welch.  Is he gonna cuss or laugh at me? ;D

He'll probably laugh.

MHS

You asked about Shawn, he is back in Hot Springs now and works with his dad Larry.  Is doing as well as can be expected, saw him at Adam's Shamrock Run at LH.  Thanks for asking, and my son is right, it's still Coach Anderson to most people here, fine, caring, man.

razrken

Iwent to High School with his wife Kelley at J. A. Fair...she is a very strong individual and I admire her for her strength and courage as well...they look as if in this video that they had an awesome relationship with both God and family...my thoughts and prayers and Thanks go out to them.

XX

Quote from: MHS on May 06, 2011, 08:13:40 am
You asked about Shawn, he is back in Hot Springs now and works with his dad Larry.  Is doing as well as can be expected, saw him at Adam's Shamrock Run at LH.  Thanks for asking, and my son is right, it's still Coach Anderson to most people here, fine, caring, man.

Thanks, I didn't know Shawn lived here.  All of us upperclassmen were a little rough on Shawn because we liked him and expected a lot from him.  Shawn always delivered, he was a great football player.  You couldn't wipe the grins off Shawn or Adams faces.  Adam came to some practices when he was just a kid.  I remember teasing him.....he would always shoot back with a witty remark and a grin.....just like Shawn.  I couldn't help but like them both. 

I'm glad the school has embraced the family in these rough times.  LH is a wonderful family, as if I needed to remind any fellow grads, they know all too well.  I just found out recently that Lanny is a Lake Hamilton graduate. 

MHS

Kelley is an incredible strong woman, and what she has endured is unbelievable.  Besides Adam's death, she has gone to many tributes across the country for him, while at the same time building their dream home here.  Adam and Kelley were a match made in heaven for sure, and their love will transcend time.  The entire SEAL family is so close, and the wives are like sisters.  An example of what they do for each other is 2 of Adam's teammates started "The Bronco Project", as part of "pay it forward", to rebuild an old Bronco Adam had saved, for his son Nathan's 16th birthday.  if you would like to contribute, go to The Bronco Project, on that website.  These SEALS are now the protectors of Adam's family, and trust me, they do.  It has been an honor to watch them from afar during this process, and at times up very close.  Be proud of these guys and gals, they don't hesitate to step up to violence, or bend down to take hug of a child.  We are honored.

cdohogfan

Thank you Adam Brown, and every other service member. Especially those, like Adam, who are a great example to follow and set a wonderful standard to live by. God Bless Adam Brown and all of those like him.

MeSoHoggy_65

I want to thank Adam Brown for setting an example for so many that he touched. I've never met him but I plan to show this video to my 16 year old son. He has been making some bad decisions lately and I hope that Adam can touch another person with his spirit.

MHS

From my family, Razorback 3072 and myself, "thanks to all of you" who have honored Adam.  It means so much to us that knew him.  Pass on to your children what a hero he was, but more than that, how many we have that serve without recognition until they unfortunately are deceased.  The brave men and women of our military are unbelievable, and the SEALS are people that I hope someday all of you can meet, somewhere, or just be in the presence.  You will be blessed beyond measure, trust me.  I am 63 years old, been around a bit, seen a lot, and these guys are so much different- they are what America is, stands for, and hopefully, will be for generations.  It is up to us to teach our young people what sacrifice and courage mean in the face of today's world.  The SEALS are just an example, there are so many more just as deserving, but I have to be honest, these guys are the "Best I have ever seen", and I love and respect them so much.

razorback3072

May 29, 2011, 09:16:06 pm #66 Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 09:17:59 pm by razorback3072
An update on Adam's story....

We found out today that Adam was awarded the Nation's third highest medal for valor, the Silver Star, for his actions in March 2010. 

Also, there is going to be a book about Adam's story.  The author has signed with the publishing company and it should be released in 6-8 months.

As Memorial Day approaches, please remember all of our men and women serving our Country and especially those that made the ultimate sacrifice so we can sleep peacefully in our beds at night.

GunnerHawg70

Words escape me after watching Adam Brown and his Family's mini documentary...This just goes to show that if we all had the drive and mental fortitude Adam, Kelly and their family have, we can, we could accomplish anything in life...God Bless the Brown Family and we will miss you here in Virginia Beach!!!   :razorback:

MHS

Sunday at church, Adam's folks presented our church with a plaque from his team 6.  It was a picture of Adam with a bunch of Afghanistan kids he had gotten shoes for, the SEAl Trident, and their unit emblem, which was brass, and made my setting a C4 charge off and driving it into a pattern, then polished by team members.  These guys are THE BEST!!!  As my son said, Adam's family was presented a citation that Adam was being presented the Silver Star for his actions, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see "more" coming.  And, he was the team Leader of SEAL Team 6, no higher command can a SEAL achieve, he was indeed "the tip of the spear".. God Bless Adam, he was special.

Tull

Last night me and dad talked about Adam for hours he was such an outstanding man I was young but still remember him well. He used to come play pool at the house alot. He sure did become a great seal. Dad has so many stories of adam as he watched him grow up dad knew him from going to Larry's because dad and my grandpa worked with them a long time. Dad remembers him getting on the bus and after work seeing him at the house. Then when he was older he started working with dad he wouldnt be scared to do anything anyone who knew him knows exactly what I'm talking about. He was definitely one of a kind. All of us miss him very very much...a true hero
Miss u lots A.B.

razordank42

Quote from: Hognipotent on May 01, 2011, 11:46:30 pm
WOW!!! I'm speechless at how great of a man Adam Brown was. I'm absolutley speechless, great video and even a greater man. I swear his life has touched at least one, thanks for the video.

SAME HERE!!

TOM "tbw1"

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?