Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Morris and Family

Started by Grunt, December 09, 2017, 02:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwaller

Quote from: deserthog on December 09, 2017, 05:04:43 pm
I've called the Hogs since I could talk, but I wonder how many really good coaches we've lost from them having to do this goofy tradition. Once maybe, but three times? I'm sorry but it just  seems really goofy to me. Am I alone in this?

Yes. I've never once thought it was goofy. I remember a concert some years ago when the singer came out wearing a certain player's jersey. The entire arena spontaneously erupted in a very loud hog call. The band members all looked at each other like "wow." Then the singer said "where have I been?" It was awesome. I'll bet some of you were there too.

tlmack

The A@M stuff is strange looking until you study the history of the school. It was the first public institution higher education school in Texas. The first hundred years or so the men who went had to be part of the corps of cadets and receive military training. All these chants came from this back ground and women were not allowed to enroll until 1963. I enjoy the many quirks of all the schools and think its lame to make fun of any tradition, to me its just a result of not being educated about the history of university's across this great nation.