Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we stop throwing names of coaches around?

Started by HeyHogs, October 19, 2017, 09:39:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

I have to wonder about some of these names being tossed around.  Skip Holtz, Enos, Donald Trump.

If they fire BB and hire anyone less known than BB they are crazy.  Some people want to give the water boy a shot.

Stop it! 

If you want to talk about coaches at least pick some proven winning head coaches that will demand the Brinks truck be backed up to their house before they will come to the Hill.

I have no interest in coordinators or coaches out of coaching.  If they fire BB and don't believe they will, they better hire someone stellar!

East Clintwood

Quote from: HeyHogs on October 19, 2017, 09:39:29 pm
I have to wonder about some of these names being tossed around.  Skip Holtz, Enos, Donald Trump.

If they fire BB and hire anyone less known than BB they are crazy.  Some people want to give the water boy a shot.

Stop it! 

If you want to talk about coaches at least pick some proven winning head coaches that will demand the Brinks truck be backed up to their house before they will come to the Hill.

I have no interest in coordinators or coaches out of coaching.  If they fire BB and don't believe they will, they better hire someone stellar!

That's not likely to happen.

Look around at all of the recent coaching hires at bigger programs than Arkansas.  They are hiring coordinators or up and comers.  Very, very few big names change jobs anymore.

Bielema was one of the more recent and we see how badly that one went.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

David†

HeyHogs

David†

Qui Gon Jinn

If our win-loss % doesn't change, this is just the beginning of throwing names around.  And at this point, to many on here, anyone looks better than where we are now.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

David†

Quote from: mrp on October 19, 2017, 09:54:19 pm
Yes. Bill Snyder.

He's physically fit and has more life in him. Bill never falls asleep in meetings.

Yes. I bet we could get 2 maybe 3 good years out of him. Just enough to right the ship.   ;) ;D

HogPharmer

Stop it! 

You've been here for like a week and a half... for all you know, these threads have been the norm here for the last 6 years... I normally don't like when people pick on the new guys, but these threads where the norm when you signed up. You knew what you were getting into when you joined this site. Just go along with it for now. Don't click on the threads about new coaches and find other ones to read and add input to. That's what I do when I get tired of reading about it. But don't ask for it to stop. Because it's not going to. No matter how many threads there are asking for it to stop (you aren't the first to start one of these threads either).
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

WaltonCollege

I have tracking devices on both Gruden and Kiffins phones, will advise.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HogPharmer

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 19, 2017, 11:18:39 pm
I have tracking devices on both Gruden and Kiffins phones, will advise.

I heard Gruden was at Fantasy Lake Waterpark in Fayetteville, North Carolina the other day. Pretty sure that means he's coming to the hill.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

PonderinHog

Well, I saw Bill Cowher  wearing a red tie.

jackflash

I see know reason to throw around names since were not sure their will be a opening here

Qui Gon Jinn

No.  Things aren't going well right now.  Fans want a coaching change.  Names will be thrown around until we have a new coach.  Even if that's not this year or next.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

HogPharmer

East Clintwood

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 19, 2017, 11:49:12 pm
But.... you're colorblind

For that matter, so is Bill.  The tie color could have been a mistake.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HogPharmer

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 12:33:44 am

For that matter, so is Bill.  The tie color could have been a mistake.

Probably thought it was orange... Was just wearing it to further degrade the Browns... as if he didn't do enough of that in his career.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

007 License To Squeal

Stop it! 

Deal with it or don't read the posts......simple....newbie...or are you using a proxie?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HeyHogs

I can be a newbie to this forum and a lifelong fiftie plus year Hog fan.

I post what I want.  Like a BOSS!

No to Skip Holtz.  No no no!

smb

Its going to be hard I think to get a coach at a establish program to come to Arkansas because of what happen with CBB. Notice I didn't say impossible just a hard sale.
GeorgiaHOG

Mike_e

Stop it! 

You may not but I do.

How many of the P5 coaches working right now have beaten Sabin?

Why go with something that has been proven to not work?

Get someone who really wants to have a career here instead of just having us fund his retirement account.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Hoggish1

jgphillips3

Yeah we need to back up that Brinks truck for an established coach just like Florida, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, Texas, Texas A&M and all the rest did for their current coaches...oh, wait...

I hope this post is just a troll job and you really aren't that ignorant of the fact that almost no prominent schools with FAR better recruiting bases and situations than we have to offer have either chosen to go young coach or coordinator or HAD to because there aren't any great established coaches that are moving anywhere except their dream job, ala Urban Meyer. 

There is not one established coach available, other than Chip Kelly, who would be that Petrino type hire.  A young, hot coach is our best and only real option.  It becomes even more so when you see what a miserable steaming pile of failure hiring our current established coach was.

Sho Nuff

Stop it! 

One option is for everyone on the board to change their actions to make you happy.

Another is for you to just not read those threads.

311Hog

I hear Ara Parseghian is looking to get back into coaching...

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: David† on October 19, 2017, 09:44:35 pm
Bill Snyder for new coach. Proven winner.
Has one 65% of his games, with only one BCS bowl victory.  I'll get absolutely scorched for this, but I think he's gotten way more credit as being a "great coach" than he deserves.  I don't care how bad KState was, Snyder isn't the only coach in America that could have recruited JUCO kids every year just to win 8 games a year in the Big 12 North.

With that said, I would pay him 4mil/yr before Butters.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: smb on October 26, 2017, 05:51:03 am
Its going to be hard I think to get a coach at a establish program to come to Arkansas because of what happen with CBB. Notice I didn't say impossible just a hard sale.
Not sure what you are referring in regards to what happened with Bielema.  He's gotten 5 years (likely to get 6) during the worst 3-4 year stretch in the SEC in a long time. 

311Hog

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on October 26, 2017, 10:08:41 am
Not sure what you are referring in regards to what happened with Bielema.  He's gotten 5 years (likely to get 6) during the worst 3-4 year stretch in the SEC in a long time. 

I think he is referring to the fact that CBB came from a proven P5 power program.  His resume is amazing and yet he still failed here in 5 years.

At least that is what worries me.  CBB may leave here go to some other place and find success again, the SEC is very very tough even for "good" coaches.

Al Boarland

I wouldn't bank on a big name if the job comes open. Chad Morris would be a realistic hire and a good fit for recruiting Texas.

Paul

I have been off this forum because our team has been getting trucked.  This potential new coaching hire is the only reason to come here.  Besides it's interesting to speculate

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: 311Hog on October 26, 2017, 10:10:36 am
I think he is referring to the fact that CBB came from a proven P5 power program.  His resume is amazing and yet he still failed here in 5 years.

At least that is what worries me.  CBB may leave here go to some other place and find success again, the SEC is very very tough even for "good" coaches.
Ahh ok.  Yes, I would think twice before taking on the SEC football culture if I coached outside the conference.

Paul

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 26, 2017, 09:59:18 am
Trump would be a horrible coach.
But it wound be fun watching him tweet crap to Saban!  ;D

311Hog

Quote from: Paul on October 26, 2017, 10:20:26 am
But it wound be fun watching him tweet crap to Saban!  ;D

If Trump was our coach we would be undefeated with our very good O line play and it would be fake news that we were not in the hunt for a play off spot.

Pigasaurus

If TX high school recruits are so great, why is only one TX school in the top 20?  Are the 7 on 7 players translating into good college players?
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

PorkSoda

Quote from: jackflash on October 19, 2017, 11:28:46 pm
I see know reason to throw around names since were not sure their will be a opening here
oh we are sure
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: 311Hog on October 26, 2017, 10:23:51 am
If Trump was our coach we would be undefeated with our very good O line play and it would be fake news that we were not in the hunt for a play off spot.
#Winning

Make
Arkansas
Great
Again
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

King Kong

farmhawg

Stop it! 

Grow up.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

elksnort

Quote from: 311Hog on October 26, 2017, 09:50:32 am
I hear Ara Parseghian is looking to get back into coaching...
You know that he passed away recently?

elksnort

Quote from: pigasaurus on October 26, 2017, 01:13:57 pm
If TX high school recruits are so great, why is only one TX school in the top 20?  Are the 7 on 7 players translating into good college players?
This is actually a good question.

311Hog

Quote from: elksnort on October 26, 2017, 04:36:30 pm
You know that he passed away recently?

no i didn't actually i thought he passed away some time ago it was just the first name that popped into my head, we're gonna inside em and outside em, and once we gett em on the run boys we gonna keep em on the run.

I know he didn't say that but Rudy is stuck in my head forever.

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

311Hog

woodrow hog call

Quote from: 311Hog on October 26, 2017, 10:10:36 am

To me this is why you don't fire CBB now, you wait til the season is over, give him a week to find a new job, then resigns and moves on. Nothing about how he has been treated here would make another coach have second thoughts about coming here, up to this point, but firing him now or making the announcement that he is gone at seasons end could change that.

CBB seems to be well liked and respected around the CFB world and if you do something that is looked upon unfavorably by his peers, it could hurt us in getting a high caliber replacement.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

elksnort

Quote from: 311Hog on October 26, 2017, 04:38:40 pm
no i didn't actually i thought he passed away some time ago it was just the first name that popped into my head, we're gonna inside em and outside em, and once we gett em on the run boys we gonna keep em on the run.

I know he didn't say that but Rudy is stuck in my head forever.
He was a very good man. I did not meet him personally, but he did send me a signed book and a small statue of when he coached at Miami University. Anyway, he lived in my mother's neighborhood. Really good man I understand. It is significant even more that he and coach Broyles died within a month or so of each other.

snoblind

Paul William Bryant.  He's an Arkansas boy.

Maybe Glenn Scobey Warner or Amos Alonzo Stagg.