Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 dollar tickets on stubhub

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 18, 2017, 07:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

I know that's a little steep for the product, but tickets are available. Good weekend to take the kids....or not. Anyways, you were told.

WaltonCollege

Theyre gonna have to pay me 6 bucks bud

moses_007

WTH kind of ticket do you get for $6?  Standing room only in the new construction zone?

Ironhawg

Quote from: moses_007 on October 18, 2017, 07:41:07 pm
WTH kind of ticket do you get for $6?  Standing room only in the new construction zone?

Comes with a hard hat and work gloves and they let you carry all the construction materials you can.

Wildhog

You can get lower level for like $25.  At least you could the last time I looked.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

East Clintwood

Quote from: WaltonCollege on October 18, 2017, 07:18:15 pm
Theyre gonna have to pay me 6 bucks bud

They're going to have to do better than $6 each for me.  I need gas money and dinner thrown in.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RME

BrianG

Wow...that's pitiful.  Demand must have fell in a hole.

moses_007

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 18, 2017, 07:46:30 pm

And $3 on this site.
That's less than 1959 prices.  Conference games were $3.20 in 1959. 

(notOM)Rebel123

If you pay much attention to stubhub, this isn't unusual....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

IronMountainHog

Standing room only is in the lines to use the pisser and in the lines for that horrible new food supplier.

HognotinMemphis

You could see this coming. Best wishes to the U of A.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Cinco de Hogo

Great ideas, cancel the game and lets all go pitch in and get the north end completed before they run out of money. 

HawgWyld

My cousin who lives in Rogers had some trouble this week. She showed me the police report. She stupidly left her door unlocked while she ran into the Fayettevile post office and it seems someone came by, opened her car door and left four tickets to the Auburn game on her dashboard.

I haven't seen her this upset in years...

TNhawgfan

It's the only way to get the attention of the powers that be. Change will never come with a packed house
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

twistitup

Quote from: IronMountainHog on October 18, 2017, 08:25:30 pm
Standing room only is in the lines to use the pisser and in the lines for that horrible new food supplier.

Levy is almost there- all is correctable, the concessions staff has not given up

They need to finish strong, but it won't be easy
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The real Hogules

I just gave away two front row tickets in West Pig Heaven, because I don't feel like investing an entire day in an @$$-whipping.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Poker_hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 18, 2017, 08:22:09 pm
If you pay much attention to stubhub, this isn't unusual....

Maybe not for a directional school, but it's by far the lowest I've seen for a ranked opponent. It's typically $50 to get in the house.  $100 for lower level and $200 for good seats.  Damond has fallen off a clif.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Boarcephus

You can get upper level, 30-40 yard line, you pick the side for $7-8.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogcard1964

inb4 someone claims "this is quite normal".

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 19, 2017, 07:54:18 am
inb4 someone claims "this is quite normal".

I got ripped off, I paid a lot more than that on Stub Hub for the TCU game.  A LOT more!

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 18, 2017, 07:17:36 pm
I know that's a little steep for the product, but tickets are available. Good weekend to take the kids....or not. Anyways, you were told.

You mean they are not free yet???
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 19, 2017, 07:56:05 am
I got ripped off, I paid a lot more than that on Stub Hub for the TCU game.  A LOT more!

We were a lot more relevant back then as well.  ;) 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Wildhog

Lower level as cheap as $22 now. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Fans complain about how high ticket prices are. Same fans complain about how cheap tickets are.

People won't be able to give away the Coastal Carolina tickets.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 19, 2017, 08:56:37 am
Fans complain about how high ticket prices are. Same fans complain about how cheap tickets are.

I'm not complaining at all.  I just find it interesting.  Easily entertained, I suppose.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: twistitup on October 19, 2017, 06:12:26 am
Levy is almost there- all is correctable, the concessions staff has not given up

They need to finish strong, but it won't be easy
Levy spokesperson said they are excited. They will have some new wrinkles installed in their operation for this game and expect to have a great halftime then finish very strong for 2nd half of the game with extra hot dogs and condiments available for final push.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

October 19, 2017, 09:08:15 am #30 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:33:24 am by HoginMemphis
Quote from: The real Hogules on October 19, 2017, 06:55:39 am
I just gave away two front row tickets in West Pig Heaven, because I don't feel like investing an entire day in an @$$-whipping.
I heard they are now calling that section Pig Purgatory.

smb

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 19, 2017, 12:54:59 am
My cousin who lives in Rogers had some trouble this week. She showed me the police report. She stupidly left her door unlocked while she ran into the Fayettevile post office and it seems someone came by, opened her car door and left four tickets to the Auburn game on her dashboard.

I haven't seen her this upset in years...
Now this is funny. But really,  really sad.
GeorgiaHOG

Hogs-n-Roses

I don't think its complaining about how cheap they are. They're just aggravated that they donated to this situation we happen to be in and then bought 6 tickets for the family at 65 apiece(I think that's what home conference games are). And let me get this in bfor someone chimes in. I get that its the aura of a college gameday experience and tailgating with friends.... But they've done that dozens or hundreds of times. At some point it gets to be the principle of the thing. In short its just not the same when you make that long trek up that hill on foot to go get beat nearly every week. Or simply that theres other things that might need to get done instead of watching that crap.

hogsanity

There are cheap tickets every weekend for Fay games and have been for years. With 72K or so tickets available there have only been 2 or 3 really tough tickets - USC in 06, Bama 2010, come to mind - otherwise you can always get seats at or below face either online or outside the stadium. There were $6 tickets for NMST. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The_Iceman

All of you guys that complained about Jeff Long raising ticket prices just got shut down bad. He's dropped them to $6! :)

No one likes getting beat as a regular everyday thing.  Its worse when you know you should be competing with some of those you lost to.  I admire TCU for being a very average team as they were when they kicked us around to what they have become by good coaching and a little speed of foot.  Attitude, mental toughness, good coaching, an opportunity to play folks who look good on the surface but aren't and there they stand, top 10.  Maybe we should be happy we were able to contribute to that.  People helping people, ya know.

hobhog

You either go, or you don't and make up excuses as to why.....

nwahogfan1

Booster money drying up and fans staying away from games will definitely get Long's attention.

I think the spread will close on friday night with Auburn favored by over 18 points.   It might get ugly if we can not run the ball or stop the run.

hogsanity

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 19, 2017, 09:48:24 am
Booster money drying up and fans staying away from games will definitely get Long's attention.

Except neither of those is going to happen. People will keep buying season tickets, for whatever reason - ego, tradition, don't want to lose their seats, got nothing better to blow $ on etc - and boosters will continue to give because what else are they going to give $ to where they can gain influence ( at least in their minds ) see and bee seen and be lauded as a big $ donor.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Rey Pygsterio

Price on Stubhub is nothing new. Even the TCU game dropped down to $8.

But as pointed out in another thread, the cheap tickets are great until the fan buying them discovers the current hotel rates of $200 and up per night.

Arkansas fans are priced out of going to a night game even when the tickets are $6.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

harrisburghog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on October 19, 2017, 05:56:10 am
It's the only way to get the attention of the powers that be. Change will never come with a packed house

Spot on!!!!!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on October 19, 2017, 09:58:54 am

But as pointed out in another thread, the cheap tickets are great until the fan buying them discovers the current hotel rates of $200 and up per night.

Arkansas fans are priced out of going to a night game even when the tickets are $6.

Depends on where said Hog fan lives. I can go to a night game and even if it ends at 10:30 I am home at midnight.

LJHOG

The team/game is the only reason to go.  At least Ole Miss has a helluva party in the Grove to make the trip worthwhile.  Tailgating in Fayetteville is the pits and is another reason to stay home.

ricepig

Quote from: gchamblee on October 19, 2017, 08:56:37 am

Fans??

This reminds me of the thread before the season about the change to season tickets created by online secondary markets. It's definitely cheaper to not buy season tickets, though advantages to getting them if price is primary concern.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Karma on October 19, 2017, 09:03:28 am
People won't be able to give away the Coastal Carolina tickets.

I just did, and saved $300.00, counting gas an hotel room.

hobhog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on October 19, 2017, 09:48:24 am

I think the spread will close on friday night with Auburn favored by over 18 points.   It might get ugly if we can not run the ball or stop the run.

of which neither is happening..........

ricepig

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on October 19, 2017, 09:58:54 am

No they aren't, book your hotel months ahead, and cancel if you don't go.

ricepig

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 19, 2017, 11:17:20 am

I just did, and saved $300.00, counting gas an hotel room.

Can't be right, coming from Texas it costs 2k.......