Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Notable Real Estate Transactions of current and recently former SEC Coaches

Started by jbcarol, May 17, 2012, 08:51:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

I had to laugh earlier today when a colleague at work pointed out that the independent blog "SportsByBrooks" was reporting that Mark Richt had placed his Lake Hartwell home up for sale.

QuoteWrites Brooks: "Normally, I don't subscribe to a coach putting a home up for sale as a sign of anything, but in this case, it might be applicable. . . . Richt doesn't strike me as a guy out to flip houses, so I think it's reasonable to surmise that last year's 6-7 record — and the subsequent outcry emanating from Athens — may have something to do with the coach making over his real estate portfolio."

I found this funny because Richt told me several weeks ago that he and his wife had decided to place their second home on the market and he told me why. He revealed that to me in an off-the-record meeting...

With the cat out of the bag, so to speak, I called Richt Wednesday and asked him to explain again — this time on the record — what he and wife were thinking when they decided to sell the lakehouse. I'll just let him tell it:

"Within the last year, I read this book, "The Hole in Our Gospel," written by Richard Stearns. He's the president of World Vision, U.S. I think people understand who World Vision is but, basically, they help the poor. Through their organization, you can help children, you can help build wells, you can buy them donkeys, whatever people need. World Vision helps people across the world. Well, anyway, there was a lot of statistical data in there about the amount of people that live on a dollar a day around this world. Billions of people. So I'm reading this book and it really affected me. It helped me realize that what we have is way more than we need and that our ability to give is hindered by this property. I guess that's the best way to tell you. We just wanted to be in a better position to give and bless people that don't have anything. We felt like this was one way to be able to do that."

The house and surrounding acreage was listed for $1.99 million on May 17. Richt had the Hart County home built in 2009, about the time his oldest son Jon Richt signed a scholarship to play football at nearby Clemson University.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

The Meyer family also owns a lake house in the Sante Fe area.

jbcarol

HamIAm

hoglady

Richt has shown himself over the years to be a really good man.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

jbcarol

July 04, 2013, 11:25:07 pm #13 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:55:47 am by jbcarol
Coach Bielema's Wisconsin home is still for sale. Now listed for under a cool million

Slideshow at link

QuoteElegant custom built 2 story in Harlan Hills overlooking green space. This one of a kind home is meticulously coordinated with the finest appointments throughout! Gourmet kitchen with custom cabinets, professional grade appliances & incredible holding kitchen. 2 story family room with fireplace & office with private screened porch. Extraordinary master suite with fireplace, private balcony & spa bath feat. Enormous walk-in tile shower, whirlpool & double vanity. Entertain in style – LL home theater, wet bar & hot tub!

jbcarol

Saban's $10.95 million Lake Burton investment property sold to 'extremely excited' family

QuoteThe 9,600 square foot, six-bedroom, nine-bathroom estate was quietly sold last week in an auction that included eight bidders, according to a press release from Concierge Auctions. Neither the name of the winner nor the amount of money it took to win the auction were disclosed, but it was apparently one of the area's largest in recent memory.

A realtor noted that the Saban's actual vacation home was located nearby on "another great lot on the lake" in Georgia.

jbcarol

Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum ·4 hrs
According to @WSJ, Lane Kiffin has 2 Cali homes on market: in Manhattan Beach (7,300 sq foot) for $6.995 mil and  a condo for $745,000.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS ·5 hrs
Interesting note in @latimes Vince Vaughn paid $6.5 mil to buy ex #USC coach Lane Kiffin's Manhattan Bch home. http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-vince-vaughn-20140317,0,6564922.story ...

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  20h
Get a couple of friends and buy Cuonzo Martin's Knoxville home: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/buy-cuonzo-martins-house-for-874900/ ... (DF)

QuoteListed at $874,900, the Martin estate features five bedrooms, four full bathrooms, one half bath, a media room, and a backyard fit for an NCAA-violation cookout.

The media room could use a screen upgrade

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 9h9 hours ago

Will Muschamp buys Steve Spurrier's condominium http://sec.news/23dgKa0

QuoteLocated across the street from Williams-Brice Stadium, the condo reportedly sold for $130,000.

Muschamp also purchased a five-bedroom, seven-bathroom home on Lake Murray worth $1.85 million. Spurrier, now a school ambassador, still has property in the area that is not up for sale

jbcarol

jbcarol

Pat Summitt's home in Knoxville, Tenn., is up for sale

Quote5,300 square-foot lakefront home, with a list price of $1.225 million, features four bedrooms and four bedrooms [sic], a pool, game room and 260 feet of water frontage, including a dock.

jbcarol

Everybody needs an escape. That's the theme of an ESPN story

QuoteHugh Freeze of Ole Miss, who also has a place there, says Saban "just shows up at my place on his Jet Ski." The six-time national champion explains: "I have two normals. I have football normal, and I have lake normal."

Vince Dooley, the former Georgia coach, also enjoys to retreat to Lake Burton [sic].

jbcarol

jbcarol

LSU Football Coach Ed Orgeron has purchased a $900,000 home in University Club

QuoteUniversity Club is a 1,200-acre, master-planned community a few miles south of LSU off Nicholson Drive. The development sits next to a 22-acre golf course and features amenities such as a playground, a pool and a [pond].

HamIAm

A 22 acre golf course?   That seems extremely small.   University Club Course is the home for the LSU golf teams. It's an 18 hole 7,700 yard course with an additional 4 practice holes.  According to wikipedia its a 300 acre course. 

According to Golfweek an 18 hole course usually takes 110 to 190 acres.  They estimate 31.9 acres just for fairways. 

http://golftips.golfweek.com/many-acres-needed-18-hole-golf-course-1812.html

jbcarol

The headline last month read, "Former coach McElwain sells home, takes another loss."

QuoteMcElwain sold his 11,000-square-foot home in Gainesville in late January for $1.4 million, $400,000 less than he paid for it in May 2015.

So, clearly, Gators fans had some fun with the former Gators coach taking the loss.

However, the reason for the loss was a gain for one Gainesville-area family.

According to The Tampa Bay Times, the family who bought the house has two disabled kids, and the house came equipped with ramps, lift and wide hallways for wheelchairs.

"Because the McElwains have a good heart," said their real estate agent, Daurine Wehbe told TampaBay.com. "No one knows that. No one appreciates that."

The Staab family have two children who suffer from dystonia, which is a neurological disorder that causes involuntary muscle contractions.

According to the report, Tyler, 20, needs a wheelchair and can't use the left side of his body. Samantha, 17, has trouble walking.

The Staabs could only afford so much for the house, and McElwain decided to work with them on it when he was made aware of their situation.

jbcarol

jbcarol

widespreadsooie

I can't believe this guy.

Lands his first College HC job, buys what I think is the largest house in town of said job and lives in it by himself, then has a historically disastrous tenure and is subsequently fired before he can live in the house long enough to avoid a capital gains tax if sold for profit.

It's hard to be humble as some Hogs say, right?

jbcarol

SEC Football News@SECfootball
·
1h
Report: Former Tennessee coach Butch Jones' Knoxville house up for sale

The former Tennessee head coach is moving on from that part of his life.

QuoteThe house is listed as having 6 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms and is on the market for $3,795,000. It also has a nice outdoor pool and hot tub area.

Pool and a pond