Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins the west next year?

Started by Dominicanhog, January 11, 2011, 11:23:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

McmerleHOG

Should be interesting.  I imagine us, bama, LSU, and MSST to all be in the mix.

remember at the beginning of this year none of us thought aubbie would do much.  who knows what juggernauts will develop that none of us see coming (may it be an AR QB).

Bama and ourselves will be losing long time qb's, but also have the 2 best coaches in the league which should help balance that.  With bama's returning D, though, I'd have to give them an edge.  We have been improving on D as of late though, so hopefully we can close the gap that has existed the last few years between our D and Bamas.  Also, Knile should help us in breaking in a new QB (as will T. Richardson).

LSU is loaded, but I don't know if they are as well coached (hard to say though... i keep saying les is lucky and his luck will run out, but it never does.  maybe there is a method to the madman?).  No doubting their talent.

MSST is a well coached up and coming team.  They were close to beating us, and I think they will be better next year.  A few good games and breaks, and they may surprise everyone.  As someone else mentioned, they seem to be a year behind us (and we scared/ beat some good teams this year).

Auburn loses too much, though i'm not ready to contribute 100% of their success to their players.  No matter who is on your team, you have to be well coached to win the NC and go undefeated in the SEC.  They won't be near as good next year, but i expect them to compete.

ole miss.  nuff said.

Small is the new huge.

gert09

bama has the most favorable schedule

Beaverfever

January 11, 2011, 01:36:20 pm #52 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:42:54 pm by Beaverfever
If LSU and bama are the toughest competition I like our chances.  Both should be good next year, but there's no real reason to think either will be any better than this year.  Maybe LSU, but they weren't all that dynamite this year.  If we can't beat Bama next year then Idk when we will.  Bama loses their 4 or 5 best players.  We get them early on the road when they'll be breaking in a new qb, and basically a new offense.  Julio, boy wonder, and Ingram will all be gone.  That's a team we should beat.  I'd say LSU is the hardest game on the schedule by far, particularly if Mettenberger is legit.