Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU SMU game

Started by HOGGISHABOUTAR, September 23, 2016, 08:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Its halftime. TCU 6---SMU 3  :puke:   what are you guys thinking about tomorrow now?

JaketheSnake

September 23, 2016, 09:03:53 pm #1 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:19:52 pm by JaketheSnake
13-3.  SMU isn't playing real well.

Edit: meant to type TCU

azhog10

Definitely takes a little air out of the TCU win. That said, we should've ran away with the TCU game but couldn't figure out how to turn 3 into 6.

sickboy

Don't read too much into it. TCU and SMU are big rivals. Rivalry games are a unpredictable.

The_Bionic_Pig

20-3 halfway through the 3rd Qtr...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 23, 2016, 08:58:43 pm
Its halftime. TCU 6---SMU 3  :puke:   what are you guys thinking about tomorrow now?

The sun will come up, outside of that, it means nothing.

Hawgar The Horrible

The games are 60 minutes...typically.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 04, 2016, 12:16:38 am
TCU is gonna embarrass us :puke:.

You don't have much confidence in this Razorback Football team do ya...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dsgreen

It's 20-3 and TCU could easily score another 2-3 TDs before this is over.  SMU is also 2-1 and has the 28th best offense in college football so far and TCU has held them to 3 points. 

longpig

SMU is going to put  Peavey in and rally!  Kid's a gamer, I hear.
Don't be scared, be smart.

AirForceHog

This game proves nothing about the win the Razorbacks had over TCU. Two similar teams. I'm surprised the score isn't higher.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 23, 2016, 09:22:17 pm

The OP has 232 posts. Time for Douglas to run an IP check.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

nesjunk

TCU was a 22-point favorite.  Sounds about right.

azhog10

Carmouche looks pretty good at running back I have to say. We wanted him atLB.

The Boar War

TCU is definitely a second half team.  Aren't they playing without the small wr who torched us?

factchecker

September 23, 2016, 10:12:54 pm #15 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:24:58 pm by factchecker
Quote from: azhog10 on September 23, 2016, 09:48:38 pm
Carmouche looks pretty good at running back I have to say. We wanted him atLB.

?

5 carries for 14 yards (2.8 yards per carry) and 0 TDs........ looks good?

EDIT:

Carmouche actually finished with 6 carries for 10 yards (1.7 yards per carry) and 0 TDs.  Give that man the Heisman!

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogMantheIntruder

Ya, it's a bit sobering. TCU is good but not great this year. In game 2, that's the level we were at. That being said, I see no reason to think that CBB's pattern of improvement every week is not happening this year. If anything, I would say the growth has been accelerated. By game 2, we were good enough to soundly beat them for more than three quarters in their house. Our defense finally had success against a bad offensive match up for them, but they wore down late. This is game 4, and the players are much more accustomed to HUNH teams. What better way to improve than by going against three increasingly fast offenses in the first three games?

We also got an added bonus last weekend when our starters got some rest, both mentally and physically, and the coaches got to use a real game to work out some of the remaining kinks. Speaking of which, let's not forget that this is the first year CBB has returned both coordinators, and this is an upperclassmen heavy team. These guys all know what is expected of them, and they have the leadership on the team and the staff to keep focused. We've barely scratched the surface of what these boys can do.

X Factor/ Added bonus:
Nothing brings a team closer together than winning, especially when it's done in an exciting/epic fashion like what happened in weeks 1 and 2. I think we have a very good shot tomorrow.

Btw, TCU 33-3 in the 4th.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

factchecker

AND......

TCU wins 33-3

Another great thread from the UCA troll.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on September 23, 2016, 09:22:17 pm

He's not a Hog fan.  He is a UCA troll with extreme little sister syndrome.

Hogville is supposed to be a fan site for Razorback fans to talk and it ends up being a total troll zone for all the jealous siblings in our state.

Done.  Ya'll have fun dealing with this garbage.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: sickboy on September 23, 2016, 09:18:42 pm
Don't read too much into it. TCU and SMU are big rivals. Rivalry games are a unpredictable.

Lmao smu has no big rivals
Let's make some waves.

arkhogball

And, don't forget that the only "real" weapon that TCU had against us was not dressed for the SMU game last night.   TARPIN

ricepig

azhog10

Quote from: factchecker on September 23, 2016, 10:12:54 pm
?

5 carries for 14 yards (2.8 yards per carry) and 0 TDs........ looks good?

EDIT:

Carmouche actually finished with 6 carries for 10 yards (1.7 yards per carry) and 0 TDs.  Give that man the Heisman!
Didnt say he racked up yards. He was used mostly as a blocker but he picked up blitzes well