Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We won't remember this one after we demolish TCU

Started by Arazorbackguy1, September 03, 2016, 06:12:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsgreen

TCU just threw a 2nd interception deep in their own territory.

goodguytex

Quote from: dsgreen on September 03, 2016, 07:58:46 pm
La Tech is a 9 win team from FBS, SDSU is a FCS team.
That's my point..  we nearly got beat by a solid conference USA program. If TCU loses, if would be about like us losing to Alcorn State in a couple of weeks. And score now 16-7.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dsgreen

Quote from: goodguytex on September 03, 2016, 08:03:31 pm
That's my point..  we nearly got beat by a solid conference USA program. If TCU loses, if would be about like us losing to Alcorn State in a couple of weeks. And score now 16-7.

Sorry, misread that.  A lot of hate for the hogs after the game today.

goodguytex

We get some stuff corrected right in time for next week we should roll all over TCU.

goodguytex

Quote from: dsgreen on September 03, 2016, 08:04:40 pm
Sorry, misread that.  A lot of hate for the hogs after the game today.
Understandable. I'm a huge Arkansas Homer usually. I'm trying to see the big picture with this program. We have things to work on sure, plenty of them. But I didn't expect this team with all these new starters to come in playing at midseason form.

We will be alright. Going to be some learning experiences, some growing pains. But this team gets a lot of patience from me. Next year and year after not as much.

spiritof92

TCU gives up an 80+ yard run for a TD and just gave up a 30+ yard pass for a TD.  That was a legit 30 yard pass too.  Not one where the receiver catches a quick slant and runs 25 yards. 

spiritof92

Obviously you haven't watched the guys playing D for TCU.

War Boar

Quote from: goodguytex on September 03, 2016, 08:05:01 pm
We get some stuff corrected right in time for next week we should roll all over TCU.

I'm not all doom and gloom after one game that we won, however, I'm not sure we roll all over TCU either.  I would be happy with another win just as ugly as this one.  WOO PIG!!!  :razorback:

Matt Burks

Quote from: OldCoot on September 03, 2016, 08:38:35 pm
If we keep Frozenholt in, we won't win by a long shot. Worst player I've seen in a long time.
You'll eat those words.

OldCoot

Matt Burks

Quote from: OldCoot on September 03, 2016, 08:51:08 pm
Just like he ate all those missing assignments. 
I'm very sure he'll work it out and learn. That was his first game playing this position after converting from the D-line. He was a very highly touted recruit for a reason.

Gonzo

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 03, 2016, 06:35:43 pm
The game plan was incredibly vanilla.  Bielema thought he'd be able to use 10% of the playbook and win comfortably.  After the second interception I guess you can't blame him. 

So your theory is that the coaching staff started out playing only a portion of the playbook..........AND stayed with it throughout a game they were completely in danger of not just covering but losing outright to a 21 point underdog they should have handled rather easily?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Go Hogs! Beat TCU!

moses_007

TCU has A&M QB transfer Kenny Hill, who threw for over 400 yards tonight.  Let that sink in after what you saw today in Arkansas' pass defense.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 03, 2016, 06:45:30 pm
We have certainly put ourselves in a position where TCU may overlook us next week so there's that positive to take away from this game. :)
not hardly. they were clinging to a 4 point lead late in the 4th when the football gods shat a free tip-ball TD on them.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: moses_007 on September 04, 2016, 12:02:53 am
TCU has A&M QB transfer Kenny Hill, who threw for over 400 yards tonight.  Let that sink in after what you saw today in Arkansas' pass defense.
they looked terrible.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Matt Burks on September 03, 2016, 08:58:06 pm
I'm very sure he'll work it out and learn. That was his first game playing this position after converting from the D-line. He was a very highly touted recruit for a reason.
He also had some crushing blocks. He got burned a few times, and tricked a few other times. Their scheme is confusing and aggressive- perfect recipe to screw with an inexperienced line. We won tho!
@Slackaveli

Gonzo

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 04, 2016, 12:09:15 am
they looked terrible.

As opposed to?         I suspect any TCU boards look just like HV tonight......"Goodness, that was an underwhelming performance, but at least next week's opponent looked like crap too so we should be ok".   Both teams will need to play MUCH better next week to beat what their opposition SHOULD do.

Go Hogs! Beat TCU!

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Gonzo on September 04, 2016, 12:12:58 am

As opposed to?         I suspect any TCU boards look just like HV tonight......"Goodness, that was an underwhelming performance, but at least next week's opponent looked like crap too so we should be ok".   Both teams will need to play MUCH better next week to beat what their opposition SHOULD do.

Go Hogs! Beat TCU!
I mean, TCU was less than impressive. South Dakota state is the kind of team they usually would beat 70-20 or something. I think we have a 50/50 type of chance IF we can see some improvement on the O-Line. Defense played pretty damn well. Not a lot of missed tackles and very solid vs the rush.
@Slackaveli

spiritof92

Quote from: moses_007 on September 04, 2016, 12:02:53 am

You obviously didn't watch the game if you thought Hill was impressive.  He was wildly inaccurate with many of his passes and his WRs bailed him out repeatedly.  He threw 2 picks and should have had a number of others.  There were two plays where his passes were so errant that it actually resulted in TDs because the defenders let up and didn't think the WRs could possibly catch them.  TCU definitely has fine receivers but those stats are deceiving. 

TCU's defense is undoubtedly one of the worst I've ever seen. 

factchecker

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 04, 2016, 12:16:38 am
TCU is gonna embarrass us :puke:.

TCU plays UCA?  You aren't a hog fan.... you've already proven it:

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 22, 2015, 04:25:41 pm
Right now I would bet money that we have an open HC position the day after the last game.

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 21, 2015, 11:33:30 am
1-11

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 21, 2015, 11:35:33 am
at least my travel expenses will be much lower now, since I only have to drive to Conway to see UCA play.

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 20, 2015, 04:59:05 pm
WE BLANKED OLE PISS LAST YEAR, WELL, GUESS WHAT, THEY ARE GONNA BEAT US BY 50 THIS YEAR.

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 21, 2015, 11:32:41 am
The only bowl we are going to visit is the toilet bowl.

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on September 22, 2015, 04:20:20 pm
I had decided the Hogs would go 1-11 but forgot about UT Martin so I`m saying 2-10 now.

GO BEARS !!!!!!!!!

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Gonzo

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 04, 2016, 12:19:45 am
I mean, TCU was less than impressive. South Dakota state is the kind of team they usually would beat 70-20 or something. I think we have a 50/50 type of chance IF we can see some improvement on the O-Line. Defense played pretty damn well. Not a lot of missed tackles and very solid vs the rush.

Arkansas was also less than impressive. I don't disagree that TCU looked underwhelming and beatable today, but to act like that's a one way street in next week's game is pretty naïve. The Hogs did not perform well today, pure and simple, and they will have to play much better to be competitive in the SEC-W, and in Ft Worth next week most likely. I'm a huge Hog fan, I hope they do.

Go Hogs! Beat TCU!