Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL RALLY POSTS HERE!!!! DO NOT START ANY NEW ONES!!!

Started by phoggy, January 24, 2007, 11:39:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

frankwilliams

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 24, 2007, 12:29:32 pm
If there are going to be players out there then HDN and Frank need to be out there too.  If HDN and Frank are not going to be there then they need to keep their team away from the protest to prevent something bad happening. 

HDN is on the road recruiting.

HogHillbilly

Channel 5 news at noon just said they will go live at the protest tonight to see how the turnout is
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

VANVONDENBURGH

I hope this rally gives those of you that attend a sense of power or importance because that is the only thing it is going to accomplish.

WPSRazorbacks

Quote from: HogSophist on January 24, 2007, 12:19:59 pm
Quote from: WPSRazorbacks on January 24, 2007, 12:19:22 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 11:58:22 am
Quote from: jhog on January 24, 2007, 11:43:27 am
I heard some of the players are not too happy about the rally and plan on being around the Broyles complex this afternoon. 

yeah thats a great idea. Have the players come out and threaten the fans.

Great pub for the program.

Having 500-750 fans publicly threatening the Athletic Department is also great publicity for the program.

threatening the athletic department?

Many on this board have said they were going to get rid of their tickets and no longer contribute to the Razorback foundation. I figured these were the people who were going to show up today.

Maybe threatening was the wrong word.  Condemn or disapprove probably would have been better.
"I am a humble monkey, Sitting up in here again, But then came the day, I climbed out of these safe limbs, Ventured away, Walking tall, head high up and singing, I went to the city, Car horns, corners and the gritty, Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen"

LilRounDevil

I know one thing.  The protesters will behave like the gentlemen and gentlewomen they are.  

PigKahuna

Quote from: silvertip on January 24, 2007, 12:31:14 pm
Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:26:06 pm
What will you guys at the "protest" say to the players if you wind up face to face with them at this protest?  You'll probably see some, no doubt. 

Will you blurt out "nothing personal" or something like that??

Just wondering.

If I was there, I would just say, "It's about JFB/HDN."

If they had something to say, I would listen. If they wanted to ARGUE, I would just say, "We're not having this discussion," and turn away.

I would imagine that the "protesters" have permission from UA administration. So I'm sure "security" will be on site. The players would not intimidate me.

That's a good answer I think.  I'm not arguing, it was a serious question.  Thanks for the good reply

Babbitt

First Rally Picture

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: LA HAWG on January 24, 2007, 12:31:56 pm
Be careful if you go.  I was at the U of A During Nutt's first 4 years.  I remember Chuckwuma walking down Stadium Drive with a nine in his hand.  Don't get capped!!!
I would be more worried about Sacha Lancaster trying to eat me.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

PaleHorse

Will the players sign autographs?  I think everyone supports the players.  Why would they show up unless they want to protest too.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

LilRounDevil

Quote from: Feralhog on January 24, 2007, 12:32:49 pm
This isn't about the players.  Make no mistake, the coaches could keep the players from showing up if they really wanted to. Players showing up to protest the fans could lead to  real dissention from the fans toward the players.

This may be what needs to happen.  It would bring things to a head.

Nutts and Bolts

I doubt you see ANY football players there. If you do, they will be joining the rally to get NUTT out of there... I hope there is a huge turn out
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

BartIV

If you want to protest, don't buy Arkansas Razorback football tickets. Thats where it hurts, is losing the money. Money Talks, Hogsh$t walks.

tobs54

Quote from: hogsanity on January 24, 2007, 12:32:31 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on January 24, 2007, 12:28:38 pm
What will you guys at the "protest" say to the players if you wind up face to face with them at this protest?  You'll probably see some, no doubt. 

Just wondering.

Ah yes
More threatening posts from the huggers that the players will "beat them up".

We all support the hogs.

We dont support the nutt

Where is the threat in this post?  All I see is a legitimate question.  If a player comes out to the protest, and asks one of the dozen or so there why they are doing this, what will be said to them?

That's the way I read it also.  I see no "threats."

silvertip

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:27:41 pm
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on January 24, 2007, 12:27:07 pm

Just wondering.

Ask them "so how did it feel humiliating the lives of 2 of your freshmen 'teammates', Butu?  KJackson?  ?"

I am asking those who are going, not people who aren't.  You wouldn't say that.

Yeah, we know what you're getting at, Mr Tough Guy.

You think the average fan would not tell a "player", to his face, what he thinks about JFB or HDN. You are wrong.

This is not going to be in the locker, where a Jackson or 'Butu could threaten a freshman. Big men, those seniors, huh?

The Lemming

Just wondering.

Here's your sign. Get at the back of the line.

3kgthog

I'd keep it short and simple. I'd tell them I'm a big fan of the players, but I'm not a big fan of their fearless leader. The players are the reason I show up on Saturdays, not HDN and his Barnum and Bailey brethren.

BaggerHog

January 24, 2007, 12:36:18 pm #116 Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:03:08 pm by BaggerVance
If any players shows up at this protest it will only show that this program is in shambles and there is no institutional control.

Any coach that would allow his players to show up for something like this would show just how bad a leader he is.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: Yindao on January 24, 2007, 12:34:15 pm
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 24, 2007, 12:31:56 pm
Be careful if you go.  I was at the U of A During Nutt's first 4 years.  I remember Chuckwuma walking down Stadium Drive with a nine in his hand.  Don't get capped!!!
I would be more worried about Sacha Lancaster trying to eat me.
LOL
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Table Rocker

you guys can talk about the possible low turn out but at least some out there WANT to do something besides sit behind a key board and bitch about whats going on. i say good for them, at least they are trying something, that's more than most people unhappy about the situatiuon can say.

HogHillbilly

HDN should not allow players to be there...................That could cause HUGE problems otherwise........I bet some of them would like to be part of it to be honest

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: silvertip on January 24, 2007, 12:36:03 pm

Just wondering.

Ask them "so how did it feel humiliating the lives of 2 of your freshmen 'teammates', Butu?  KJackson?  ?"

You think the average fan would not tell a "player", to his face, what he thinks about JFB or HDN. You are wrong.

This is not going to be in the locker, where a Jackson or 'Butu could threaten a freshman. Big men, those seniors, huh?

and even if they do threaten one of the fans, how is it going to look when that comes out?? 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hogsanity

Just wondering.

I think the real thing here is explaining to a player how this is going to HELP the program.  It is not going to get anyone fired, but it COULD keep good recruits from signing here.  It also APPEARS that the protesters care more about 2 players and a OC then they do about the other 100 or so players. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

nole10591

So long lost DECADE !!!

patgrl

I wish this protest had a better time frame. I work until 5 and as much as I would love to be there, supporting my family comes first

tobs54

Just wondering.

So now you resort to bashing players?  Typical.

LilRounDevil

Will teresa be on the sidelines today?

BartIV

Frank and Swine

Just the fact that the scheduled protest is in the state newspaper speaks volumes. A large turnout would look good on the news, but even a few people showing is a first of it's kind and depicts how low the program has already dipped.

Feralhog

Quote from: LilRounDevil on January 24, 2007, 12:34:30 pm
Quote from: Feralhog on January 24, 2007, 12:32:49 pm
This isn't about the players.  Make no mistake, the coaches could keep the players from showing up if they really wanted to. Players showing up to protest the fans could lead to  real dissention from the fans toward the players.

This may be what needs to happen.  It would bring things to a head.

You're kidding right? Let me tell you something.  I've been going to games since 1970.  A season ticket holder and donor since the mid 80's.  The only thing I can think of that would cause me to turn my back on this program is if the players had some kind of major confrontation with the fans.  These people spend their hard earned money to support this program, and while the players may not agree with their sentiments, the fans have a right to do this.  If players try and interfere with the fans wanting to protest, I will never send another dime to the University again.  I don't care if HDN leaves or not.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Winner

As someone who would love to see Nutt gone, this protest is bound for failure and I wish whoever is organizing it would call it off.  Unless you can get a thousand people to show up, it's going to look stupid and second rate, and it's going to give those on the other side ammunition to say that those against Nutt are a small minority of wackos (even though I don't believe this is true).  Look, if you want Nutt gone, stop going and stop giving.  That's what Frank listens to.     

hogsanity

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 24, 2007, 12:36:18 pm
I'd keep it short and simple. I'd tell them I'm a big fan of the players, but I'm not a big fan of their fearless leader. The players are the reason I show up on Saturdays, not HDN and his Barnum and Bailey brethren.

The "fearless leader" is the guy they singed to play for. 

This protest is as well thought out as a drunken backseat grope with the fat girl at the prom.  At the time you think it is a good idea, but NOTHING good results from it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razornole

If I saw one (no I'm not going) I would say wow think what could have been if you had a leader.  If it were Olu and/KJ I'd tell them freshman hazing doesn't mean that battery is cool *spit*
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

jdlew

Talked  to some this am and they are pissed and ready. You guys are Soooooo Wrong for doing this. BTY they don't support your cause!!!!

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

PigKahuna

There will be more people standing around to watch the protesters than there will be actually protesting.

It's like a KKK rally in that respect.

Feralhog

Quote from: jdlew on January 24, 2007, 12:40:38 pm
Talked  to some this am and they are pissed and ready. You guys are Soooooo Wrong for doing this. BTY they don't support your cause!!!!

The height of stupidity if the coaches allow this.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: rzrbkman on January 24, 2007, 12:31:48 pm
The individuals who got the protest up probably chose 4;00 so that when they have a small turnout, they can say that everyone else was at work. The excuse is already lined up.

or unless they are STUDENTS, so they can get more of them rounded up that way....

hogman64

It would be ridiculous for the players to be there

Nutt should make sure they wont be there,, but considering his history of letting them fight his battles, who knows about that

if the players started a fight , basically all the consequences would be on them and the program, so it would be a  real dumb move by the players....

I would say 100% of the people there support the players 100%...........its strictly about nutt and broyles and the players are not their protectors...........

Hawg_Heaven

I sure hope the players aren't dumb enough to attack the protesters. That is honestly the worst thing that can happen.

Table Rocker

Quote from: PigKahuna on January 24, 2007, 12:41:24 pm
There will be more people standing around to watch the protesters than there will be actually protesting.

It's like a KKK rally in that respect.

lol, that's pretty funny

hogfan064

Don't worry only about 50 will show up.  Nothing will be accomplished by this event today.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: Feralhog on January 24, 2007, 12:41:33 pm

The height of stupidity if the coaches allow this.

I agree!

LA HAWG

The question is who cares and what are they going to do?  Are the players and fans going to have a big brawl in the Pit?  You act like everybody should be scared of these kids.  Why would anyone be scared.  Get real.

Hawgasaurus

get some player on fans beatdowns on TV, that will be great.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Table Rocker

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

razornole

Winner, I agree sorta.  I think protest should be for important stuff.  War, Civil Rights, Human Rights.

A train wreck due to crappy mgt. for a football program um not so much lol

WPEmail
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

huskyhog

A comment that's popped up a few times: "This isn't about the players"

So...who the head coach is and his support/lack of support from the fans...that's not about the players?

But the quote is a good summary of college football.

hogsanity

I would like to know, if the 2 players that had transferred were Michael Smith and Rojo, would there be a protest?  If not then you value DW and MM above the TEAM.