Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC! SEC!

Started by jamie72921, December 31, 2011, 02:22:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie72921

The SEC is undefeated so far in the bowls!

Mizzou, A&M, Miss St..............all winners and members of the SEC!
Bless your heart

Pigdiana Jones

Misery and A&M are not considered SEC in these bowl games.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

jamie72921

Quote from: salebow on December 31, 2011, 02:33:45 pm

Sure they are. They won.

If they had lost, then you would be right.
Bless your heart

greasy_corner

Quote from: jamie72921 on December 31, 2011, 02:36:50 pm
Sure they are. They won.

If they had lost, then you would be right.

Good point.  Can we do the same in the following years?

31to6

Quote from: greasy_corner on December 31, 2011, 02:48:17 pm
Good point.  Can we do the same in the following years?
Sure, why not?

That's what LSU and Alabama fans do when any of the "johnny come lately's" choke on TV.

Torqued pork

Had they lost NWAsooner would consider them SEC teams. At the least they can be considered moral victories for Hogvillians.

PurpRoll

Quote from: jamie72921 on December 31, 2011, 02:22:27 pm
The SEC is undefeated so far in the bowls!

Mizzou, A&M, Miss St..............all winners and members of the SEC!

SEC 1-0 with Vanderbilt in trouble.  BIG XII 5-1 with the big dogs Oklahoma State and Kansas State preparing to dominate.  SEC Brand will erode this Bowl Season as there is a new Sheriff in town, The BIG XII Conference!!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PurpRoll on December 31, 2011, 04:16:53 pm
SEC 1-0 with Vanderbilt in trouble.  BIG XII 5-1 with the big dogs Oklahoma State and Kansas State preparing to dominate.  SEC Brand will erode this Bowl Season as there is a new Sheriff in town, The BIG XII Conference!!

Lol. Already told you in another thread. Big 12 can go 8-0 and the SEC can go 1-8 and they would still be the best conference.  There is only one bowl game that means anything and it is being played by 2 SEC teams.  SEC has nothing to prove in these bowl games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JethroB.

HAHAHAHA!!!!....oops, you were serious?  my bad...

Killean

unfortunately your sheriff was thrown in jail for smoking crack
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hogsooey

The fact that the Big XII has already played so many bowl games before New Year's Eve should tell you something about the quality of those bowl games.

98hogs

Puke :puke:

atekido

4 teams could win out the in the big 12.  not a single team inthe big12 would winout in the sec :P  nuff said

jamie72921

The Big Minus has definitely had a strong bowl season plan, making sure that everyone besides their top 2 teams get their bowl games out of the way before New Year's Eve.

Meanwhile, those crazy SEC guys have their top 5 teams playing AFTER New Year's Day.

I have heard for a while how funny you Kansas fans are. Jabbing with you guys is pretty fun, it's just a shame your program wasn't good enough to make the cut and graduate to the SEC like Mizzou and A&M.
Bless your heart

Mr. Prozac

I have a cousin who is an Aggie and was at the game. She said the fans were chanting S-E-C after the game.

Hornkiller

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on December 31, 2011, 04:10:53 pm
Had they lost NWAsooner would consider them SEC teams. At the least they can be considered moral victories for Hogvillians.
Quote from: 31to6 on December 31, 2011, 02:49:51 pm
Sure, why not?

That's what LSU and Alabama fans do when any of the "johnny come lately's" choke on TV.

Yeah let's be honest... SEC fan perfected it. SEC team wins the bowl game and the chant start up and the message board heckling goes full throttle. Further proof that the SEC is the end all be all of conferences and God loves us more then those B1G / Pac-12 / Big XII heathens.

SEC team loses and it's "um... when did Tennessee, South Carolina and Georgia join the SEC?" or we'll they're playing our 7th best team (never mind most here think the top 12 should be all SEC) or it's like the alcoholic uncle no one talks about... see Utah's whipping of Alabama.  Yeah... that really never happened.

Again... for once in my life I'd like to see the SEC chant start up when an SEC team loses. Maybe in the title game.

Hornkiller

BIG XII 5-1 with the big dogs Oklahoma State and Kansas State preparing to dominate.  SEC Brand will erode this Bowl Season as there is a new Sheriff in town, The BIG XII Conference!!

Maybe the SEC isn't quiet the "SEC" this year. Not that we'll know with the line-up featuring overrated B1G teams... but seriously Beavis? Time to settle down before you go full Cornholio on us.

Oklahoma State goes to their first BCS game ever after winning their first outright conference title since the the Big 8 / XII formed and their a Big Dog? That that catches them up with the number of conference titles that K-State has. I know there is not much left over there and props to whipping Texas and then after getting rolled by OU watching them circle the drain after the injury bug bit... but try winning a few conference titles and getting in the mix for a national title before calling yourself a Big Dog.

Unless your just here to yank the chains of the Arkansas fans. Then feel free to break down Baylor's one massive defense stop in the Alamo Bowl. 

Torqued pork

Quote from: Hornkiller on December 31, 2011, 06:05:01 pm

Yeah let's be honest... SEC fan perfected it. SEC team wins the bowl game and the chant start up and the message board heckling goes full throttle. Further proof that the SEC is the end all be all of conferences and God loves us more then those B1G / Pac-12 / Big XII heathens.

SEC team loses and it's "um... when did Tennessee, South Carolina and Georgia join the SEC?" or we'll they're playing our 7th best team (never mind most here think the top 12 should be all SEC) or it's like the alcoholic uncle no one talks about... see Utah's whipping of Alabama.  Yeah... that really never happened.

Again... for once in my life I'd like to see the SEC chant start up when an SEC team loses. Maybe in the title game.
If I'm ever heard chanting S-E-C it will be much more likely that I'm thinking about the Security Exchange Commision and not the athletic conference.

jry04

Let's see, Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, and UGA will all be top 12 teams next season. Regardless of outcome in the bowl seasons, the SEC will still be the top conference next year. OSU, Kansas State, and Baylor will all likely struggle next year.

chaz

LOL you mean the little 8  :puke:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

PurpRoll

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on December 31, 2011, 05:52:25 pm
I have a cousin who is an Aggie and was at the game. She said the fans were chanting S-E-C after the game.

Wildcat fans chanted S-E-C, S-E-C at the end of the Mizzou game as a way of saying, "We whipped your ass, now hit the road Jack."

PurpRoll

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on December 31, 2011, 06:17:50 pm
Let's see, Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, and UGA will all be top 12 teams next season. Regardless of outcome in the bowl seasons, the SEC will still be the top conference next year. OSU, Kansas State, and Baylor will all likely struggle next year.

K-State will be better next year and will be in the hunt for a National Championship.

Hornkiller

Quote from: PurpRoll on December 31, 2011, 06:30:31 pm
Wildcat fans chanted S-E-C, S-E-C at the end of the Mizzou game as a way of saying, "We whipped your ass, now hit the road Jack."

Hum... where have I heard that before? And what happened when those teams met again?

(Purp - just in case you don't know Texas did the exact same thing to Arkansas complete with a halftime show. A few years later in the cotton bowl and in Austin Hog fans returned the chant. Horn fans weren't amused, or even in the stands to hear.)

Potosihog

Quote from: PurpRoll on December 31, 2011, 06:33:19 pm
K-State will be better next year and will be in the hunt for a National Championship.
Please put down the pipe and step away.

3kgthog

I only cheer for one SEC team. Go Cavs!

PHill94

It's awesome when the #8 team in your conference can play the big east co champions and make a game of it.

HF#1

Mizzzou and A&M are not conference members until July 1, 2012.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

wupigsuey

Please post responsibly.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

HF#1

Not sure if serious...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

McHogLovin

Quote from: Hornkiller on December 31, 2011, 06:11:05 pm
Maybe the SEC isn't quiet the "SEC" this year. Not that we'll know with the line-up featuring overrated B1G teams... but seriously Beavis? Time to settle down before you go full Cornholio on us.

Oklahoma State goes to their first BCS game ever after winning their first outright conference title since the the Big 8 / XII formed and their a Big Dog? That that catches them up with the number of conference titles that K-State has. I know there is not much left over there and props to whipping Texas and then after getting rolled by OU watching them circle the drain after the injury bug bit... but try winning a few conference titles and getting in the mix for a national title before calling yourself a Big Dog.

Unless your just here to yank the chains of the Arkansas fans. Then feel free to break down Baylor's one massive defense stop in the Alamo Bowl. 

Middle paragraph= pot meet kettle.  Hate to say it, but damn.  Think about what you're saying.  We are yet to win an SEC championship and haven't won 11 games in like 30 years.  We're a very solid program that is on the rise but we haven't reached the top yet.

nosferatu

Quote from: Hogsooey on December 31, 2011, 04:25:17 pm
The fact that the Big XII has already played so many bowl games before New Year's Eve should tell you something about the quality of those bowl games.

This just about sums it up perfectly
"When you're on the mound and you feel like you can murder someone's soul out there, failure isn't an option." - Brian Wilson

nosferatu

Quote from: McHogLovin on December 31, 2011, 06:55:39 pm
Middle paragraph= pot meet kettle.  Hate to say it, but damn.  Think about what you're saying.  We are yet to win an SEC championship and haven't won 11 games in like 30 years.  We're a very solid program that is on the rise but we haven't reached the top yet.

To be fair, he never actually said anything about Arkansas being a "Big Dog" or anything like that. Just said that Kansas State wasnt
"When you're on the mound and you feel like you can murder someone's soul out there, failure isn't an option." - Brian Wilson

Pork Twain

Quote from: McHogLovin on December 31, 2011, 06:55:39 pm
Is he going on K-State boards and flaming this info?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hornkiller

Quote from: nosferatu on December 31, 2011, 07:48:50 pm
To be fair, he never actually said anything about Arkansas being a "Big Dog" or anything like that. Just said that Kansas State wasnt

Much Obliged - a 2nd and 3rd place finish in the ever tough SEC is nothing to sneeze at. Still I wouldn't put the Hogs into rarefied air until they have the hardware to prove it.

Speedracer

I guess eroding away is when okie light gets passed up for a rematch? Nobody even wants to be in the big 12. Only reason your in it is because Oklahoma and Texas let you. That dump Manhatten is a step away from being in conference USA
Like smites bother me.

Hornkiller

I'm thinking this Purproll kid is a plant.

Never before have I heard such conference pride smack outside of the SEC. Not even from S.I.S. and NWASooner. Most Big XII fans are the divergent of SEC fan: let's win by 50 and to hell with the rest of the conference.  Probably will never know if he's a true homer since KU isn't playing in a bowl.

Hey Purproll... you do know the Jayhalks have more BCS titles then your Kitties.

hoghelmet14

hey purp.... why do you all call it the big 12 anyway?  Afterall its really the big one medium sized one and 10 little ones... or 8 or 5 or 7 or whatever you have left....

Texas = Big
OU = Medium
the rest.... small stuff that bounces high ever once in a blue moon......

and.... oh by the way..... you went from good poster with good football knowledge to a troll....

Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

jamie72921

PURPtROLL........

Step away from the crack pipe..............slowly............slowly
Bless your heart

urkillnmesmalls

Did you forget how strong Granny's moonshine was or something?  You should never start drinking on New Year's Eve until at least 9 pm, or you could flame out.  Kinda like you've done on our board.  You started off rational and appeared to be a somewhat level-headed educated fan, but since then you've had an epic flame-out and digressed into full-on Bozo mode.           
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ChitownHawg

I think your argument fails considering for the very first time the National Championship is being played by one conference.

Having lived through the collapse of the SWC I can say the B12 is showing similar signs. It first starts with a few heading for the door and before you know there is a stampede. B12 will be a thing of the past within 5 years.

Dominant as you say - I say the new sheriff needs to look outside his jailhouse as the towns people have left!  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Just one more for ya Big Fella. The below shows one bowl season does not make a new sheriff. Also the results show the SEC did not fair well in the bowls, yet the experts still say we are the cream of the crop. Man, that must eat at you?  ;D

http://sportsratings.typepad.com/college_football/2011/01/2010-2011-bowl-performance-by-conference.html

2010-2011 Bowl Performance by Conference
Here are the results by conference for the 2010-2011 bowl season; all bowl games.

Formula: A bowl win gets one point; a loss subtracts one. Add difference in expected vs. actual wins, and covering/not covering the spread.

Conference   Expected   Actual   diff1  wins±  vs. spread diff2  Points
Mtn. West      4-1       4-1       0     +3      3-2       +1      +4
Big East       3-3       4-2      +1     +2      3-2-1     +1      +4
(Ind.)         0-3       2-1      +2     +1      2-1       +1      +4
Sun Belt       2-1       2-1       0     +1      2-1       +1      +2
Big Ten        1-7       3-5      +2     -2      5-3       +2      +2
Pac 10         1-3       2-2      +1      0      2-2        0      +1
MAC            2-2       2-2       0      0      2-2        0       0
ACC            4-5       4-5       0     -1      5-4       +1       0
SEC            7-3       5-5      -2      0      5-5        0      -2
C-USA          1-5       2-4      +1     -2      2-3-1     -1      -2
WAC            3-1       2-2      -1      0      1-3       -2      -3
Big 12         7-1       3-5      -4     -2      2-6       -4     -10

Expected = who the oddsmakers favored in the conference's games
Actual = the conference actual bowl record
diff1 = difference between expected and actual performance
wins± = actual wins minus actual losses
vs. spread = how the conference did against the spread in all their games
diff2 = spread "wins" minus spread "losses"

In the end, no conference really dominated the bowl season, with most leagues overperforming or underperforming only marginally against expectations.

Auburn's win over Oregon was yet another huge win for the SEC, and we gave them the spread "win" since the line fell below 3 by game time. But most of the conference's lower-rung teams lost in minor games, and we counted all bowls evenly. There was a clear demarcation within the league, as SEC West teams went 4-1 while their East counterparts were 1-4. If graded separately, the SEC West would be +6—better than any conference—while the East was -8, worse than every conference except the Big 12.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Redhogs

Put down the crack pipe...slowly now....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Seriously?? That's like Kansas losing  in a bowl game..if that's all you got........
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

SDZ_Hog

Date Registered: December 07, 2011 = KSU troll
Purp kinda gives it away as well.  That and the fact that she said that KSU would be in the hunt for the BCSCG. 

PurpRoll

Quote from: Hornkiller on December 31, 2011, 06:36:08 pm
Hum... where have I heard that before? And what happened when those teams met again?

(Purp - just in case you don't know Texas did the exact same thing to Arkansas complete with a halftime show. A few years later in the cotton bowl and in Austin Hog fans returned the chant. Horn fans weren't amused, or even in the stands to hear.)

No, I wasn't aware of that.  I've got nothing against the SEC, the SEC has been the dominant Conference the last several years in college football.  The BIG XII is pretty good this year and I anticipate Oklahoma State and Kansas State to win their respective Bowl games in fine fashion.  I will say this, you have to love the passion of the Hog fans on this board, the ones who have given K-State some respect and the ones who have blasted K-State, you are all great fans.  It's going to be a fun week!!
To all a Happy New Year and may you and yours all stay safe!!