Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time for a nice run to end the season

Started by Bacon_Bitz, February 09, 2018, 08:51:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

We may not lose again until the NCAA tournament.  Two losses max.  This is the time every year when Mike's teams go on a run.  Ride or die.

hogwildjoshua

hogsanity

Since they are now in the last 4 in they better have a nice run.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogFaninMemphis

Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

labb

Four out of the next seven should do it. That not counting any wins in the tournament.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: labb on February 09, 2018, 09:23:25 am
Four out of the next seven should do it. That not counting any wins in the tournament.

Sounds pretty tough to me with this team.  I'm guessing you mean we lose on the road as usual and beat the road warrior Auburn Tigers and the probably POed Kentucky Wildcats?  With our team that sounds like a tall task  :-\

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 09:12:20 am
Since they are now in the last 4 in they better have a nice run.

Yeah, and it probably needs to start immediately.. the next 4 are our best shot, imo.. I hope for 4-3, don't see much better than that....

labb

best bet would be Vandy, A&M, Ole Miss and Missouri.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: labb on February 09, 2018, 09:39:33 am
best bet would be Vandy, A&M, Ole Miss and Missouri.

Not beating Misery on the road.  Maybe Ole Piss but they have done well there.  So  :'(

311Hog

it might take a few wins in the SEC tourney.

3of5-2

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 09, 2018, 08:51:51 am
We may not lose again until the NCAA tournament.  Two losses max.  This is the time every year when Mike's teams go on a run.  Ride or die.
We may not win again until the NIT tournament. Two wins max. This is the time every year when Mike's teams are so frustrating to watch. Sink or swim. Both of these quotes can be applied to this team. This team is in the position they are in because they have not done enough to secure a better seed in the NCAAt. Had they not played poorly against LSWho, twice, and at Aggieland, they would not have to win out or only lose two of the remaining games. Can they win out? Absolutely. Can they lose most of the rest? Absolutely.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 09, 2018, 09:34:56 am
Sounds pretty tough to me with this team.  I'm guessing you mean we lose on the road as usual and beat the road warrior Auburn Tigers and the probably POed Kentucky Wildcats?  With our team that sounds like a tall task 

The Hogs match up well with Kentucky. There guards are not fast and they dont shoot the 3 ball very well. I'll take the Hogs at home over the Auburn Cheaters.

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 09, 2018, 10:19:45 am
The Hogs match up well with Kentucky. There guards are not fast and they dont shoot the 3 ball very well. I'll take the Hogs at home over the Auburn Cheaters.

So they should beat Ky because KY does not match up well with them Hogs ( which is true ) yet they should also beat Auburn which is a terrible matchup for the Hogs?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 10:37:23 am
So they should beat Ky because KY does not match up well with them Hogs ( which is true ) yet they should also beat Auburn which is a terrible matchup for the Hogs?

Yes! I'm going with the Hogs against Auburn Cheaters. Arkansas beat a very good Tennessee team at home.

Hoggish1

Man, gimmy some of that...

Wouldn't that be great!?  I get a Vandy win (maybe) but you really see us beating TAMU, KY, Auburn, Mizzou and FL down the stretch?  I could also see OM, but that group of five after Vandy will be mighty tough...

hogsanity

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 09, 2018, 10:47:43 am
Yes! I'm going with the Hogs against Auburn Cheaters. Arkansas beat a very good Tennessee team at home.

Well if Barford and MAcon both go off for 30+ again, sure.

Seriously, if the Hogs beat Auburn, and I think they can, it will be because they overcome the bad matchups. Auburn is a matchup problem in several spots for the Hogs.

daprospecta

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 09, 2018, 09:59:29 am
We may not win again until the NIT tournament. Two wins max. This is the time every year when Mike's teams are so frustrating to watch. Sink or swim. Both of these quotes can be applied to this team. This team is in the position they are in because they have not done enough to secure a better seed in the NCAAt. Had they not played poorly against LSWho, twice, and at Aggieland, they would not have to win out or only lose two of the remaining games. Can they win out? Absolutely. Can they lose most of the rest? Absolutely.
Before I start this, we are both Hog fans. Woo Pig. With that being said, I knew this was you before I read your avatar name. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Do you really want to be the guy that complains and nags about our team insistently?

3of5-2

Quote from: daprospecta on February 09, 2018, 03:15:43 pm
Before I start this, we are both Hog fans. Woo Pig. With that being said, I knew this was you before I read your avatar name. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Do you really want to be the guy that complains and nags about our team insistently?
I don't settle for A-V-E-R-A-G-E. This team should and could be better than it is. If you, and your ilk are satisfied with where this program is, then good for you. Enjoy being in the middle of the pack. There will come a day when it will be said on here, "Why did we waste so much time and treasure on A-V-E-R-A-G-E coaches." Hopefully, there will be a desire to excel to where we once were, and quit settling for this A-V-E-R-A-G-E result that we have gotten over the last 20 years. As far as being the guy that nags and complains, sure, I'll be that guy. It's better than the ones that pretend we are some great program, and are so enamored with the current coach, that they gush every time they see or hear him. We don't owe MA anything, he's been paid well for his time here, but he hasn't gotten us to the next level. I thank him for getting us out of the lower level and getting us to A-V-E-R-A-G-E, but he hasn't shown that he can get us any further. Seven years is enough time for any CEO, COO, HC to turn things completely around, and we ain't there yet.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 01:37:33 pm
Well if Barford and MAcon both go off for 30+ again, sure.

Seriously, if the Hogs beat Auburn, and I think they can, it will be because they overcome the bad matchups. Auburn is a matchup problem in several spots for the Hogs.

True! Harper is one of the best point guards in the league.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

cityhog

TushCrush

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 09, 2018, 03:44:03 pm
I don't settle for A-V-E-R-A-G-E.
You are obviously a great basketball mind.  Woo Pigs. I would enter you into my "Ignore" category if I knew how. I don't see ignore anywhere on my display. Someone please help. Thanks in advance.

3of5-2

Quote from: TushCrush on February 09, 2018, 06:47:21 pm
You are obviously a great basketball mind.  Woo Pigs. I would enter you into my "Ignore" category if I knew how. I don't see ignore anywhere on my display. Someone please help. Thanks in advance.
Just ignore the truth, shouldn't be too hard for someone of your stature.

TushCrush

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 09, 2018, 06:59:32 pm
Just ignore the truth, shouldn't be too hard for someone of your stature.
It wouldn't be hard at all if the ignore feature worked.

3of5-2

3of5-2

Danny J

Gonna be a roller coaster ride the next 5 as has been the season thus far. Wouldn't shock me to see us lose to Vandy or to beat Auburn. I have no idea what to expect. Does Mike play the same D we saw against USCe after the first 5 minutes of that game or do we go back to the switching man? I know last year after we lost to Vandy we played that matchup zone 75% of the time starting at LSU and we went on a run to finish the season. Which D will we play? Will we switch it up during the game or from game to game? Only Mike knows.

I know Barford needs rest. When he's rested not only his offense but his defense is totally different. I liked the sub patterns we used against USCe and hope we continue to do the same going forward. There is not one team in the SEC this year not capable of beating us in BWA. I hope our guys play with that mindset.

southeasthog

This is the time every year when Mike's teams go on a run. 

2 NCAA Tournaments in 6 years. How is that going on a run "every" year?
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: southeasthog on February 09, 2018, 08:19:22 pm
2 NCAA Tournaments in 6 years. How is that going on a run "every" year?

If we make it this season. That's 3 in the last 4 years. Keep Watching

code red

So which is it?  Because winning out and losing 2 is quite different.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

311Hog

can we please get a heavy dose of Gabe and Thomas?

I really love the Barford, Macon, Gabe Thomas Gafford (in the) line up.

Hawg Red

I'm here for a nice run to end the regular season, but schedule looks brutal. 3 road games + A&M, UK and Auburn at home. Yikes.

311Hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 12, 2018, 09:05:59 am
I'm here for a nice run to end the regular season, but schedule looks brutal. 3 road games + A&M, UK and Auburn at home. Yikes.

i see 3-3, but yes this is really the start of the play off if you want to think about it.  All the best teams from the SEC play each other to get in and for seeding.

Bacon_Bitz

You called it, OP.  Way to not give up on the team.  Ride or die indeed.

DeltaBoy

We done good so far we only Lost to UK !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.