Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Thompson's Fitness

Started by pigsooie1000, March 01, 2017, 08:28:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigsooie1000

Trey has done some great stuff lately but again tonight his lack of fitness killed him. He got blown by repeatedly and outrun on the fast break due to lack of foot speed, beaten on rebounds bc of minimal quickness and jumping and fouls a lot due to fatigue or poor athleticism. Losing 30 pounds needs to be his number one goal in the offseason bc now he's really limited in what he can do to his physical limitations. I think he can be a 8-8-5 guy next year instead of 3-3-3 in minimal minutes like this year. Just needs to work harder on his body that he hasn't changed at all since he came in 30 pounds overweight

HogAllMighty

Those expectations should be set by the Head Coach.

Hooch

Absolutely. Did you see how the "fit" Thomas dominated the paint.

pigsooie1000

thomas isn't good vs strong front courts either, but thats zero excuse for Thompson to not be close to in shape and hurt the team with his body being sluggish

daprospecta

Florida is a team that runs. TT is not in shape at the moment to run with them on every play. No need to bash the young man. He is the reason we probably will be dancing this month.

pigsooie1000

Thompson is not the reason we will be dancing, I'm not sure why we can't question this though. he's been here 3 years and has been out of shape for every single game. we've seen flashes of talent recently, but they are often hidden by his huge weaknesses which are most directly attributable to lack of athleticism which is harmed by him carrying 30 lbs extra

ShadowHawg

How many player bashing threads are going to be started?

Swinesong1

Oh how quickly they turn on you.   Lol!

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

King Kong

Must not have seen Trey in HS

poloprince

Delete this garbage, dude doesn't know ish.
$PoLoPrInCe$

azhog10

No matter how "fit" Trey is he isn't going to be able to stay with the speed of Florida. Our guards have to do a better job but the mentality of the guards we have are more of the type that will guard you for a little and then at some point they are going to start leaking out. When you play a team like Florida whose guards rebound well also, that's a recipe for disaster. Last night had nothing to do with Trey. We need guys like Thomas and Cook to step up against teams like Florida and in the two times we have played them, they have not. Also include Moses' first half performance and you get yourself into a hole like last night. The kids battled and if they can figure out how to not let a team like Florida to jump out on them early we can beat them.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing them again.

gmarv

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on March 01, 2017, 09:49:12 pm
Thompson is not the reason we will be dancing, I'm not sure why we can't question this though. he's been here 3 years and has been out of shape for every single game. we've seen flashes of talent recently, but they are often hidden by his huge weaknesses which are most directly attributable to lack of athleticism which is harmed by him carrying 30 lbs extra
He may not be the sole reason but to try and diminish his part is just sad.

jm

We are not a fast team at any position. We have relatively slow guards. Our forewards are not quick by comparison. Moses is probably our fastest and quickest guy based on position norms. Thompson cannot and will not ever be able to defend guards out on the perimeter. He should not be asked to do something that he has no ability to do. There is a reason that mules don't run the Kentucky derby.

FineAsSwine

This thread is crazy. We lose to Florida and suddenly Trey gets fatter. Same guy we've seen alley-oop dunking on the fast break is now barely able to waddle up the floor. Smh.

BannerMountainMan

Y'all are complete idiots..no lie. Threads like this are what's wrong with you people..get a life or atleast don't be idiots. This thread shouldn't even allowed since it's been talked about in many other threads already
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dropkick

Trey is fine and has shown great progress this year. OP needs a timeout.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Dropkick on March 02, 2017, 11:52:53 am
Trey is fine and has shown great progress this year.

I agree with this, but Trey would be a better players with 20 less pounds, imo... though I'm no nutritionist/doctor/coach...

younghog

GO HOGS

Danny J

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 02, 2017, 10:58:57 am
This thread is crazy. We lose to Florida and suddenly Trey gets fatter.
Nominate this post for funniest jump ball post of the season. 

pigsooie1000

Quote from: gmarv on March 02, 2017, 08:34:13 am
He may not be the sole reason but to try and diminish his part is just sad.

he's played a few good games, but saying he's the reason we might dance is crazy. he plays 13 minutes a game and averages 2.6 pts, 3.1 rebs and 1.5 assists. his contributions are well overvalued on here because they are usually highlight in nature

pigsooie1000

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 02, 2017, 10:58:57 am
This thread is crazy. We lose to Florida and suddenly Trey gets fatter. Same guy we've seen alley-oop dunking on the fast break is now barely able to waddle up the floor. Smh.

I've been saying this for a long time and he's been too heavy his entire career. it totally limits his game and a big reason why he's never really contributed

pigsooie1000

Quote from: Danny J on March 02, 2017, 12:01:01 pm
Nominate this post for funniest jump ball post of the season. 
Quote from: younghog on March 02, 2017, 11:57:13 am
exactly

you guys think his physical fitness is fine? that's crazy to me, just look at the guy and how he plays. limits him in a big way, he still has made some really great plays throughout the season but a quicker player would help