Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ZONE

Started by hogcam, March 01, 2017, 06:16:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 01, 2017, 08:49:49 pm
We had nine.

that's 4 more possessions... point is you need to play both.. for pace, for TO's... to try and keep them off balance when they are running plays.... we got beat by a better team, at their place..

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 01, 2017, 08:37:17 pm
I have been asking how long before his ego would interfere, and tonight we saw it. If they played zone like they have most of the win streak, I think they win this game. He just could not stand to lay back patiently. He is like a poker player that is normally reckless. He may play disciplined for a while, and even though he is winning pots, he will eventually revert to being reckless and lose his stack.

I see you've found your voice again...

HoopS

Florida shot 10-23 from the 3 point line.

A team that shoots it that well from beyond the arc will generally not see a zone defense.

They're just better. They're quicker at guard so man to man is tough.

They shoot lights out so zone is tough.

Maybe you tip your hat to a good team.

Or just blame MA for not zoning a deadeye shooting squad. Seems about right for hogville.

PonderinHog

Quote from: HoopS on March 02, 2017, 12:21:35 pm
Florida shot 10-23 from the 3 point line.

A team that shoots it that well from beyond the arc will generally not see a zone defense.

They're just better. They're quicker at guard so man to man is tough.

They shoot lights out so zone is tough.

Maybe you tip your hat to a good team.

Or just blame MA for not zoning a deadeye shooting squad. Seems about right for hogville.
Someone gets it.

Quote from: Dominicanhog on March 02, 2017, 11:50:03 am
that's 4 more possessions... point is you need to play both.. for pace, for TO's... to try and keep them off balance when they are running plays.... we got beat by a better team, at their place..
It was a tough match-up for us, for sure.

BigE_23

Quote from: HoopS on March 02, 2017, 06:34:33 am
oh stop.

Had we come out of the timeout in a different defense you know dang well you would have complained about that as soon as they scored.

Florida is a better team right now. It's why they appear to be a 3/4 seed. No shame in losing to them at their place.

You'd be wrong...when UF called timeout, I told my wife "if Mike has half a brain he'll switch to man 2 man." Then when he didn't I laughed at the TV and told my wife we would lose by 15 (which I missed by 3).

I complain because we have a coach that doesn't know how to make in-game adjustments and get the most from his players.

You're right, there's no shame in losing to a good team IF you've done all you can to win and IF you've put your players in the best position to win. Mike didn't do that last night and it's a trend that has been evident for 6 seasons now.

HoopS

I bet you'd have these boys undefeated.