Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hmmmmm....

Started by Break & Run, December 26, 2013, 10:26:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhogs

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 28, 2013, 12:40:52 am
Last year this time they had just started...it was the January period that they attained a few major targets..
They weren't recruiting off their own 3-9 record either....we'll see.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Oklahawg

Shouldn't you all be playing with the coal from your stocking? There is no way you can be this sour within 48 hours of Christmas unless Santa (once again) left you high and dry.

Most hog fans I know off of message boards are just fine with the staff and their ability to recruit, as well as the "slow build" this is going to take. It is only the lunatic fringe who shows up on HV. Several, of course, managed to herd themselves into this thread.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 28, 2013, 09:23:30 am
It is only the lunatic fringe who shows up on HV. Several, of course, managed to herd themselves into this thread.

Like moths to a flame.

BirmingHam

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 28, 2013, 10:17:12 am
Like moths to a flame.

LOL, now that is funny; I don't care who you are!

Bipartisan

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on December 27, 2013, 02:23:39 am
Sorry, but I just disagree in Tech being a hot team. They lost five straight games to go to the Holiday Bowl and finish 7-5. Their biggest win this year was against a TCU team that went 4-8. Yeah, yeah, great they have an ex QB as their coach...

Well, they already have a full class committed and they're ranked lower than Arkansas in recruiting across the board on every recruiting site. If our recruiting is so terrible, what is the "hot" Texas Tech team doing so wrong?

And if you want to tell me Texas Tech has more potential than Arkansas...sure...to win games against teams like Iowa State, TCU and Kansas and then end up at a crappy bowl...sure. That's a regular year for Tech. Even in their BEST year in the last decade they won 11 games and end up at the Cotton Bowl. Arkansas wins 10 games and goes to a BCS Bowl against Ohio State. At least Arkansas has the potential to go to a National Championship...Tech doesn't.

And what "crappy" bowl game is Arkansas playing this year?

Break & Run

Quote from: Bipartisan on December 28, 2013, 10:27:32 am

Ohhh you must be a Tech fan.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Dirty

So Tech is in a crappy bowl?

The_Bionic_Pig

He's not a Hog fan so you can't exactly categorize him as pessimistic ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Smokehouse

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 28, 2013, 09:23:30 am
It is only the lunatic fringe who shows up on HV. Several, of course, managed to herd themselves into this thread.

It was almost better when the season was ongoing. At least they were mostly contained to MMQB.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

RedyorNot

Tech blows worse than Lubbock girls. And I know, I go there quite often for work.