Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Star Players

Started by Hogswarts, March 10, 2018, 04:31:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

daprospecta

Quote from: ranman74 on March 10, 2018, 08:40:58 pm
does anybody know if garland will get cleared or not ?
The heart is nothing to play with.  I want the young man to play but if there is any chance it could end bad, let the young man be a student assistant or something.

ChicoHog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 10, 2018, 06:36:43 pm
Arkansas highest rated recruit didn't see any PT this season.  That alone may account for a few more W's.
I thought Gafford, Garland and Hall were all 4 star guys? 

Pinto

Quote from: BenDial on March 10, 2018, 04:38:07 pm
Some of it is that the staff evaluated better than the recruiting services. They were 4* players with a 3* rating.

Because those ratings are very subjective and tweeners like Grant and Admiral always are underrated. Plus they have a transfer guard who lead the nation in scoring before he transferred which isn't on those recruiting sites.

I'm telling you now, those guys in this '18 class are very underrated and will eventually be as tough as that Tennessee squad. Chaney plays like Grant Williams, slightly more athletic but not as thick.

Pinto

Quote from: ballinhog on March 10, 2018, 05:17:44 pm
I think with this current group of freshmen and the upcoming class he has done a better job. Chaney is better right now than any interior player we currently have besides Gafford. Ethan Henderson should be an upgrade as well just based on his athleticism alone. Hopefully Hall plays more at the 4 next year as well. And none of our guards next year will give us what Macon and Barford gave this year but we will have much more depth at guard so that should help as well

I think our assist number will go way up next year. We will have better passing guards. Guys like Joe, Harris and if Garland is cleared all appear to be good assist # type of guys. Just hope Gafford comes back. I think Phillips is a good passer as well. I see a lot of Ronnie Brewer and Joe Johnson in him. Not saying he will be as good as either of those 2 but his game seems similar. Tall, good handles, nice passes on his HUDL, and big scorer.

+1

Pinto

Arkansas highest rated recruit didn't see any PT this season.  That alone may account for a few more W's.

Dan definitely had a great season this year

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 10, 2018, 08:36:25 pm
Tennnessee was on fire, no doubt.  They would have beaten just about anyone shooting like that.  They have some outstanding players, Williams was SEC player of the year, and a good roster whether it was developed or recruited.  Barnes is a good coach.  I would put him second behind Calipari in the SEC.  They play solid basketball. It was their day today.  Now we have a few days off and then the NCAA tournament.  Let's enjoy it.
Rick Barnes career winning % .649
MIkes career winning % .657
Barnes record against Mike 3-8

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 10, 2018, 05:22:28 pm
Let's see what the record is when Barnes is in year 7.
How many years was Barnes at Texas when Mike beat the brakes off of him almost every year?

rolyat_2008

Gafford was a top 40 guy and a year later he's top 20 in draft projections.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 11, 2018, 10:29:19 am
Rick Barnes career winning % .649
MIkes career winning % .657
Barnes record against Mike 3-8
This year with team predicted to finish 13th in the league they were 13-5.  Hogs were 10-8. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 11, 2018, 06:51:32 pm
This year with team predicted to finish 13th in the league they were 13-5.  Hogs were 10-8.

How are predictions presented as a basis of your argument? All it means is people didn't know anything about them.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

savimbi2002

Who?

ballinhog

Gafford did play and he had a great year. Wake up lol

cram224

I think you can just look at CMA recruiting. We recruit in the middle of the pact in the SEC, that's where we finish. We take chances on project players that come in not ready to play. Most of the other SEC teams recruit men. We recruit kids. There is a very good chance that Ark will be picked to finish dead last in next years preseason SEC. That's after the so called recruiting experts on HV have said that last year and this years class are CMA best back to back classes. They are freshmen and sophomore's on this team that would never see the floor if they played for any other SEC teams. CMA's program depends on getting juco's or transfers from other schools that have had some after high school coaching which is more than they will get at the U of A. That's a sad fact.

HawgsPolo

Tenn has more than 3 stars, don't go there man. It's nonsense
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

rude1

Quote from: cram224 on March 12, 2018, 12:17:48 am
I think you can just look at CMA recruiting. We recruit in the middle of the pact in the SEC, that's where we finish. We take chances on project players that come in not ready to play. Most of the other SEC teams recruit men. We recruit kids. There is a very good chance that Ark will be picked to finish dead last in next years preseason SEC. That's after the so called recruiting experts on HV have said that last year and this years class are CMA best back to back classes. They are freshmen and sophomore's on this team that would never see the floor if they played for any other SEC teams. CMA's program depends on getting juco's or transfers from other schools that have had some after high school coaching which is more than they will get at the U of A. That's a sad fact.
You do realize how ignorant that is don't you? Just think if Gafford had gotten some coaching huh? But I know your type, when a kid develops he was that good anyway. Just go away if you don't have anything valid to talk about.

cram224

Quote from: rude1 on March 12, 2018, 05:57:09 pm
You do realize how ignorant that is don't you? Just think if Gafford had gotten some coaching huh? But I know your type, when a kid develops he was that good anyway. Just go away if you don't have anything valid to talk about.
He could be a really great player. Just needs a little help. He will get that in the NBA.