Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pic of new CC

Started by grayhawg, December 14, 2015, 08:56:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

Just a photo off the internet but my new Concealed carry is a really nice little gun, so light I forget I have it on

Glock 43 9mm

95_alum

Holster? Any malfunctions?

grayhawg

Quote from: 95_alum on December 14, 2015, 10:50:43 pm
Holster? Any malfunctions?
Infidel Max Kydex holster, and no malfunctions.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

grayhawg

tophawg19

how good is it's accuracy past 20 yards ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

grayhawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 15, 2015, 09:34:33 pm
how good is it's accuracy past 20 yards ?
Accuracy falls off pretty fast after 20 to 25 yards.

tophawg19

seems they all do. both my 380 and derringer seem good to about 15 but i'd like to find one good to at least 30. finding a good trigger seems hard to do

grayhawg

I have a Ruger SR9 with a 4 and 1/4 in barrel that's pretty good to 30 to 35 yards but it is quite a bit bigger than the Glock 43.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 15, 2015, 09:43:51 pm
seems they all do. both my 380 and derringer seem good to about 15 but i'd like to find one good to at least 30. finding a good trigger seems hard to do
May I inquire as to why you want to shoot 30yds with a carry piece? Sounds like you need a big Beretta m9

kodiakisland

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 16, 2015, 07:10:47 pm
May I inquire as to why you want to shoot 30yds with a carry piece? Sounds like you need a big Beretta m9

You don't always get to pick at what distance someone wants to engage you.  I personally wouldn't carry a gun daily that couldn't shoot at 30 yards.  And by shoot well, I'm not talking minute of silhouette.  Not that I'd carry my M9, but 30 yards isn't even beginning to stretch it's legs.

But then again, I grew up reading Skelton, Keith, Jordan, and the likes and have been handgun hunting since my teens.  I've never been anywhere close to being as good a shot as those guys were, but I just don't see much use for a gun that's not to be depended on to hit what I'm aiming at, unless it's some sort of last ditch belly gun.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TheOtherColombia

Nice gun.  My wife has a glock 42 with pearce +1 extensions on it and that thing is a little tack driver.  I am a Sig fan, but after handling and shooting the 42 I am thinking that I might replace my Sig p290rs with a 43. 

grayhawg

Yeah the more I shoot it the better I like it.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: grayhawg on December 24, 2015, 09:52:57 am
Yeah the more I shoot it the better I like it.

Do you have extensions on it or shoot it with the flush fit mags?  The 42 is pretty nice either way, and I by no means have big hands, but the extension is that little touch that means so much.  It has virtually 0 recoil with the extension.  Am wondering if the 43 is the same way, or at least similar since the 9 is obviously going to be a snappier round.  I realize I could go rent one and find out for myself, but I like other folks opinions and thoughts too :)

grayhawg

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on December 24, 2015, 10:31:38 am
Do you have extensions on it or shoot it with the flush fit mags?  The 42 is pretty nice either way, and I by no means have big hands, but the extension is that little touch that means so much.  It has virtually 0 recoil with the extension.  Am wondering if the 43 is the same way, or at least similar since the 9 is obviously going to be a snappier round.  I realize I could go rent one and find out for myself, but I like other folks opinions and thoughts too :)
It came with two mags one standard and one extended. I shoot it both ways but prefer the ext. mag  I carry with the standard mag and that's why I shoot it both ways.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 19, 2015, 01:14:06 am
You don't always get to pick at what distance someone wants to engage you.  I personally wouldn't carry a gun daily that couldn't shoot at 30 yards.  And by shoot well, I'm not talking minute of silhouette.  Not that I'd carry my M9, but 30 yards isn't even beginning to stretch it's legs.
But then again, I grew up reading Skelton, Keith, Jordan, and the likes and have been handgun hunting since my teens.  I've never been anywhere close to being as good a shot as those guys were, but I just don't see much use for a gun that's not to be depended on to hit what I'm aiming at, unless it's some sort of last ditch belly gun.

What would be your gun of choice for cc?

lahawg1

I bought my wife a Ruger LC9S in Muddy Girl camo for Christmas. She likes it and it appears to be a decent piece for her to CC.

HF#1

I love my G43.  I carry it in a Rawdog Tatical holster. Super comfy and forget it's there most of the time.  Sweet shooting pistol.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

grayhawg

Quote from: HF#1 on December 30, 2015, 02:59:15 pm
I love my G43.  I carry it in a Rawdog Tatical holster. Super comfy and forget it's there most of the time.  Sweet shooting pistol.
Me too, someone asked me how itshot at 30 yards and beyond and I truthfully told them it drops off after 20  25 yards and I guess he thought I meant it was worthless after that. Dropping off for me is going from a 4 inch group to a 6 inch group on a 25 yard target. The 43 is a great CC gun.

HF#1

Quote from: grayhawg on December 30, 2015, 03:23:00 pm
Me too, someone asked me how itshot at 30 yards and beyond and I truthfully told them it drops off after 20  25 yards and I guess he thought I meant it was worthless after that. Dropping off for me is going from a 4 inch group to a 6 inch group on a 25 yard target. The 43 is a great CC gun.

haha, I wouldn't even attempt to shoot anything from 30 yards with that pistol.  15 feet is the max. It's never occurred to me to even try from 30 yards.   

If you have to shoot someone 30 yards away, you have time to run.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

grayhawg

Quote from: HF#1 on December 31, 2015, 07:43:35 am
haha, I wouldn't even attempt to shoot anything from 30 yards with that pistol.  15 feet is the max. It's never occurred to me to even try from 30 yards.   

And it would be hard to explain to the police as well.

HF#1

Quote from: grayhawg on December 31, 2015, 08:10:05 am

Oh yeah...  You'd definitely be looking at a charge unless you can prove that the person had a sniper rifle pointed at you ready to shoot.

Hog_Swanson

I bought the Sccy Gen 2 9mm.  Minus the long trigger pull, it's good shooting little gun.  Same size as the 43.  Sccy holds a life time warranty on every part of the gun.  If the police take, Sccy will send me a replacement, no questions asked.  Now, I'm not saying that is it better than the Glock, but it is a really good cheaper option.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

tophawg19

Quote from: grayhawg on December 31, 2015, 08:10:05 am
when someone is shooting in a parking lot or mall , you better know what your gun is capable of. 30 yards is smaller than what you think . One thing i learned as a competition bow shooter , extending and maxing your range makes you a better shooter overall. i even practiced at 70 yards even though it was very rare to have a shot that long . when you know what your gun is capable of , the better you are under pressure no matter the distance

grayhawg

When did you do competition archery?I shot freestyle unlimited from 1976 until 1981 and absolutely loved it. If not for the amount of time it took to stay on top I would have continued.

kodiakisland

February 11, 2016, 07:55:34 pm #25 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:13:30 pm by kodiakisland
Quote from: HF#1 on December 31, 2015, 07:43:35 am

You've obviously never been engaged in the open.  I have.  To think that all armed conflict comes within the confines of the inner city environment is short sighted.  30 yards is nothing. Plenty of self defense shootings have taken place much farther.  Legally.  Where do these stupid myths get started?  My guess is some know nothing CC instructor who has a bigger imagination than actual experience.

If you can't hit a silhouette at 30 yards, you need practice.  Or practice getting shot in the back when you turn to run.

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

tophawg19

February 11, 2016, 09:01:13 pm #26 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:11:45 pm by tophawg19
from 1998 till 2003 . i love the 3- D  . the equipment costs got crazy , it's even worse now . greyhawg 6 inches at 30 yards is acceptable and about as good as most of them are capable of

tophawg19

Quote from: kodiakisland on February 11, 2016, 07:55:34 pm
You've obviously never been engaged in the open.  I have.  To think that all armed conflict comes within the confines of the inner city environment is short sighted.  30 yards is nothing. Plenty of self defense shootings have taken place much farther.  Legally.  Where do these stupid myths get started?  My guess is some know nothing CC instructor who has a bigger imagination than actual experience.

If you can't hit a silhouette at 30 yards, you need practice.  Or practice getting shot in the back when you turn to run.

i agree . even in buildings , 25 to 30 yards is possible and your opponent likely isn't carrying a cc gun . usually they will be carrying a larger gun than you are . you have to be prepared . you have to be able to defend against someone advancing toward you no matter the distance