Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What kind of handicapper are you ?

Started by jdelo77, October 06, 2012, 08:01:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

Speed ? Trip ? Another angle ?    Trip handicapping has almost become my go to ... Speed has let me down alot lately ...

RockChalkJayhawk

Quote from: jdelow77 on October 06, 2012, 08:01:26 pm
Speed ? Trip ? Another angle ?    Trip handicapping has almost become my go to ... Speed has let me down alot lately ...

Still a combination of speed and pace for me.  Still feel the old adage of 'pace makes the race' is still applicable.  But you're right about trips..... that said, I've gotten bad in this era of simulcasting by jumping from track to track and not really following one circuit like I used to.

jdelo77

Yeah I'm the same way I jump around to much from track to track ... It's easier at some tracks to trip cap .. I find Belmont very hard to trip .. I'm focusing on keeneland for a little while ... I have a weakness for Santa Anita , and it always costs me money ...

jdelo77

On a side note , I just got nosed out of a 63K super at Santa Anita ... I'm pretty sure they were pretty close to booting me out of indigo sky's OTB ...

HogFanInBryant

my favorite of all angles is when a horse shows speed and then fades in a sprint race, and then they come back in a race at a mile or longer where they have a shot to be up front all alone, the stats on this are pretty scary if you pay close enough attention

mckinneyhog5

I have had a really good month after having a not so good Toga meet.  I threw out my old ways of handicapping(speed, trip, etc) and went back to playing angles.  I'm up over 6000.00 in the last month.  My biggest score was Saturday at Belmont had the late DD for $15....payed me 3200 and some change. I look for horses with odds stepping up in class who won their last race.  Also, any equipment change with odds on it.  I hit a 1500 late DD at Belmont just playing the two horses whovadded blinkers in the 9th and 10th race.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jdelo77

I had a decent day yesterday but shockingly I played SA pretty well ( I love  SA but usually it takes my money ) I changed my whole Angle and just played supers all night ... I hit two !!! My first dollar supers that I've ever won ... That's all good stuff guys !!! Good stuff !

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: jdelow77 on October 08, 2012, 06:39:43 pm
I had a decent day yesterday but shockingly I played SA pretty well ( I love  SA but usually it takes my money ) I changed my whole Angle and just played supers all night ... I hit two !!! My first dollar supers that I've ever won ... That's all good stuff guys !!! Good stuff !
Sometimes you just have to shake things up a bit.  Since I started back to school, I had to cut down on time spent analysing and playing.  It's actually helped me my doing less.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

kingoftherapids

I am a trip handicapper. I will analyze races and mark down a horse that was full of run but couldnt get thru or was wide thru two turns, etc.

At oaklawn, connections are huge. i think it was 2 years ago randy morse was winning at a really high rate.

ps- some of the barns they are bringing in this year will surprise you. also, the von hemels will win stakes multiple stakes this year. They have a pretty good crop

jdelo77

I had good Oaklawn angle last meet , I agree connections are huge .... Thanks for all the info guys ...