Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many commits do we get this weekend?

Started by Tim Harris, December 17, 2017, 10:09:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

How many commits do we get this weekend?

21 (12.7%)
50 (30.1%)
52 (31.3%)
20 (12%)
23 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 166

Tim Harris

Based off of 247 visit list there are 4 kids visiting who aren't already committed. How many do you think we get?

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2018-Football/Visits

Bubba's Bruisers

I assume Ferrell is the most likely.  No clue on the others other than I seem to recall Fulwider being big on UA early on.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

greenie

I'm guessing Ferrell.  I'm hoping for Crawford.

jackflash

I am hoping for DL Ferrell DL fulwider, S Mason, DB-WR Crawford, WR Moore

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

JIHawg

The recruiting gurus usually let them get home before contacting them.  We may find out something Sunday evening or Monday.

hawgmasta

I'm thinking Ferrel and Fulwider for some reason, maybe more later this week.

ricepig

Hopefully we'll keep all the ones we had going in.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Ferrell is the only one not committed, lol, the others are committed elsewhere. I say 1 maximum, but I think we lose Jones to ND.

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 01:02:35 pm
Ferrell is the only one not committed, lol, the others are committed elsewhere. I say 1 maximum, but I think we lose Jones to ND.

Yea, his interview didn't leave me with that warm and fuzzy feeling.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 17, 2017, 01:11:54 pm
Yea, his interview didn't leave me with that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Ferrell is going to take all of his visits in January to Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and Wisconsin, while Flanigan is still considering OSU. Top that off with Crawford leaving early this morning, I'd say people need to dial back their enthusiasm.

King Kong

Thanks for the buzz kill

HogNTX

No info yet??? Are visits over or do they stretch into today? Would love to have some info from those with connectione about how stuff went this weekend.

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on December 17, 2017, 01:23:02 pm
Thanks for the buzz kill

Well.....reading the post visit comments hasn't been really encouraging on the whole. Some good, some very concerning. Hopefully we sign them all, but I don't think that is realistic.

Bubba's Bruisers

We are late to the party on most of these guys...Ferrell, Crawford, Moore's, Thompson, Mason, and probably even Bohannon. Probably not getting most of them. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 01:27:18 pm
Well.....reading the post visit comments hasn't been really encouraging on the whole. Some good, some very concerning. Hopefully we sign them all, but I don't think that is realistic.

No relationship built with the new staff was the biggest comment by those that visited The Hill.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ricepig

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 17, 2017, 01:33:27 pm
No relationship built with the new staff was the biggest comment by those that visited The Hill.

Which isn't unexpected, hard to have much of one on 10 days. The lack of a DC and full staff to know who their position coach will be is a big problem, too.

Tim Harris

You know what I meant though.....I picked 2 hoping that we would get lucky somewhere but your guess of a max of 1 is probably closer to reality.

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 01:37:41 pm
Which isn't unexpected, hard to have much of one on 10 days. The lack of a DC and full staff to know who their position coach will be is a big problem, too.

Yeah I really wish they would have made some movement with assistants on the defensive side. 

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 01:37:41 pm

This Early Signing Period is an absolute killer for a new coaching staff.  The new staff will just have to get what they can get and work for next year.

Bubba's Bruisers

We aren't going to make any kind of a splash with this recruiting class.  Just too far behind.  Will be interesting to see who actually signs this week.

Oklahawg

The failure to put at least one defensive coach in place, or not retain an assistant as a mercenary for that purpose, is going to really hurt UA's recruiting this year. That is a short-term issue of course.

But, I anticipate hemorrhaging a couple of commits before we start building more names for the 2018 class.

The early signing period is going to really smack around teams with coaching changes.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 17, 2017, 01:54:29 pm
The failure to put at least one defensive coach in place, or not retain an assistant as a mercenary for that purpose, is going to really hurt UA's recruiting this year. That is a short-term issue of course.

But, I anticipate hemorrhaging a couple of commits before we start building more names for the 2018 class.

The early signing period is going to really smack around teams with coaching changes.

And building more names this late in the game will likely be disappointing.  Oh, there be a few blue chippers in there, but none likely to sign with us this late.  It is what it is during a coaching transition.

BaggerHog

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 01:15:42 pm
Ferrell is going to take all of his visits in January to Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and Wisconsin, while Flanigan is still considering OSU. Top that off with Crawford leaving early this morning, I'd say people need to dial back their enthusiasm.

I thought this was not commonly known but seems you do have connections on what's going on.

OSU offered before the Razorbacks but after camp at U of A where he was offered he committed. OSU have been putting the hard press of him of late. According to a family member he had a really good official visit to OSU last weekend. He came back home very impressed. After hearing what that family member had to say, I was really fearful he was gone. It was not 100% and hopefully he had a good visit at the U of A this week and is again onboard.

He will sign Wed. 10:30 am at the Tiger Center and hopefully it will be with the Razorbacks.   

hawginbigd1

RD says he felt good about Crawford if he visited, which he did is how he worded it today.

Feels good about Mason, so does Bishop, guessing they have a relationship being current and former MSU commits.

Feeling good about Fulwider flip, and said then he is hearing even more positives on that.

These are RDs posts on WH insider board.

imtad16

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 17, 2017, 01:33:27 pm

Good thing though is the highest rated visitor has a good relationship dating back to when they were at SMU.

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 17, 2017, 02:34:32 pm
RD says he felt good about Crawford if he visited, which he did is how he worded it today.

Feels good about Mason, so does Bishop, guessing they have a relationship being current and former MSU commits.

Feeling good about Fulwider flip, and said then he is hearing even more positives on that.

These are RDs posts on WH insider board.

That was pre-visit on Crawford, I don't think it's the same confidence level now. Flanagan is going to OSU, from what I hear. I agree we have a better chance with Mason and Fulwider.

imtad16

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 02:53:21 pm
That was pre-visit on Crawford, I don't think it's the same confidence level now. Flanagan is going to OSU, from what I hear. I agree we have a better chance with Mason and Fulwider.

Is Flannigan signing Wednesday or in February?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 02:53:21 pm
I was attempting to differentiate RD earlier and RD today about Crawford, he posted that statement today, sounded like he was leaving it open, rather than the enthusiasm he had prior.

Never mind time stamps on WH are screwy I think that was posted late last night.

colbs

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 17, 2017, 02:57:55 pm
I was attempting to differentiate RD earlier and RD today about Crawford, he posted that statement today, sounded like he was leaving it open, rather than the enthusiasm he had prior.
I was hoping they could flip Crawford but looks like they won't.  Still if they can keep Flannigan & flip Mason it would be a successful weekend.

colbs

HOGINTENNESSEE

HogCzar1

These kids need to remember they don't have to sign this week. If they are concerned about what they don't know, they can sign in February. There will be coaches who pressure kids, but I doubt many will want to pull a scholarship on a kid who refuses to sign in December in favor of February.

jackflash

I feel if we get a prospect to visit  we have a shot

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 17, 2017, 02:57:55 pm

Never mind time stamps on WH are screwy I think that was posted late last night.

He, and others, felt if he took the visit, then we would flip him. Again, he's like Flanagan and wants to sign this Wednesday, so I don't expect him to flip, nor Flanagan to stick.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jackflash on December 17, 2017, 03:13:41 pm
I feel if we get a prospect to visit  we have a shot

A long shot, but still a shot.  We should prepare for disappointment with this class.  A new, partially assembled coaching staff coupled with a newly implemented early signing period and we have a recipe for disappointment.  I'm just glad this isn't 2019.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 03:18:55 pm
He, and others, felt if he took the visit, then we would flip him. Again, he's like Flanagan and wants to sign this Wednesday, so I don't expect him to flip, nor Flanagan to stick.
Just my gut feeling is Flanagan sticks if he signs Wednesday.

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 17, 2017, 03:32:27 pm
Just my gut feeling is Flanagan sticks if he signs Wednesday.

I hope you're right, the recruiting gurus have changed their tunes after this weekend.

Muskliketusk

Crawford is a done deal so there's one. Another is pretty much a given at this point.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 17, 2017, 04:05:36 pm
Crawford is a done deal so there's one. Another is pretty much a given at this point.

A done deal for whom?  And who's the given?

Hollywood870

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 17, 2017, 04:05:36 pm
Crawford is a done deal so there's one.

What makes you say ^^^ THIS ^^^!  We have not seen anything to back it up.

RaisinHog

The Charleston kid and the lineman from PA both seem a lil suspect on what they are gona do

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 17, 2017, 04:27:50 pm
The Charleston kid and the lineman from PA both seem a lil suspect on what they are gona do

And maybe the lineman from the Iowa JUCO. 

Hollywood870

Is our class falling apart? I don't feel so good.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 01:15:42 pm
I'd say people need to dial back their enthusiasm.
Great advice. Rarely taken on this board
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 17, 2017, 04:35:10 pm
Is our class falling apart? I don't feel so good.

Falling apart?? Nah, possibly taking a small hit in the early period.

ricepig