Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Trade Deadline Thread

Started by ucahogfan, July 29, 2015, 08:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

With the trade deadline approaching quickly, I think we could start a thread which would contain all of the trades and the discussions.

ucahogfan

July 29, 2015, 09:23:53 pm #1 Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:50:30 pm by ucahogfan
Rangers Acquire
Cole Hamels
Jake Diekman
Cash

Phillies Acquire
Nick Williams (#64 overall prospect on MLB.com) - will be Phillies #4 prospect
Jorge Alfaro (#69 overall prospect on MLB.com) - will be Phillies #5 prospect
Jerad Eickhoff - Rangers current #17 prospect
Alec Asher - Rangers current #29 prospect
Matt Harrison
Jake Thompson (#60 overall prospect on MLB.com) - will be Phillies #3 prospect

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi  · 3m3 minutes ago 
Cole Hamels trade is a true blockbuster. Rangers get two players. Phillies get six. We'll be talking about this one for years.

Now that all of the players are revealed, the Phillies got an impressive haul back for Hamels.  I think it will be one that is talked about for years.  Philly re-stocked the top of their terrible farm system in just one trade which is exactly what you expect for someone like Hamels.

ucahogfan

July 29, 2015, 09:28:01 pm #2 Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:01:18 pm by ucahogfan
Mets GM Sandy Alderson is telling the media that the trade for Carlos Gomez will not happen.

Dr. Starcs

Do not like this move at all for the rangers.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 29, 2015, 09:49:16 pm
Do not like this move at all for the rangers.
Why?  You get Hamels through at least 2018 if not 2019 and keep players like Joey Gallo, Jurickson Profar, and Rougned Odor.  Sure, they cleared out a good chunk of their top prospects, but they got to keep their best guys.  The Rangers 1/2 punch next year of Darvish and Hamels will be one of the best in the game of baseball.

Dr. Starcs

Being able to keep Hamels long term is a definite plus.

However, the rangers are basically a .500 team this year with no Darvish and no holland. Add those two guys to the existing lineup next year and you are still very solid, arguably a contender, and you hold on to all of your prospects.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 29, 2015, 09:56:43 pm
Being able to keep Hamels long term is a definite plus.

However, the rangers are basically a .500 team this year with no Darvish and no holland. Add those two guys to the existing lineup next year and you are still very solid, arguably a contender, and you hold on to all of your prospects.
They will still have Holland next year plus you get one of the top 5-10 pitchers in the game for a few years in Hamels.  A Darvish/Hamels top of the rotation is just scary to think about happening.  Alfaro still needs work defensively to show he can stick behind the plate while the Rangers have Nomar Mazara as their top OF prospects.

I think both teams win this trade considering the Rangers get an ace and the Phillies got a lot of prospects in return.

GolfNut57

Boston traded a oft injured has been in Victorino for a neverwillbe in Josh Rutledge in a deal with the Angels.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

ChicoHog

Big Dodgers/Marlins trade may include the Braves. 

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/139470942/dodgers-set-to-trade-with-marlins-braves

As a Dodger fan I'm a little torn on this. We need starting pitching so Latos and Wood will definitely help but I don't like giving up Olivera before we ever see him play.  Maybe the Dodgers will flip Wood and other prospects to the Tigers for Price.  Who knows?  I just hope they don't trade Urias or Seager, their two top prospects who will likely be in LA next year.  I like to win from within but unfortunately LA is one of those "win now" type of cities and many times they trade the future for the present. I don't think the team is good enough to win the pennant this year even with Price.  Cardinals and Pirates are much better and even the hated Giants are a better team.  Maybe with Price we can keep up with the Giants but the bullpen is horrible so I don't see us going any further.

hogcard1964

Cards robbed.

Moss for Kaminsky.

Dr. Starcs

bulldog04

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 30, 2015, 08:42:45 am
Big Dodgers/Marlins trade may include the Braves. 

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/139470942/dodgers-set-to-trade-with-marlins-braves

As a Dodger fan I'm a little torn on this. We need starting pitching so Latos and Wood will definitely help but I don't like giving up Olivera before we ever see him play.  Maybe the Dodgers will flip Wood and other prospects to the Tigers for Price.  Who knows?  I just hope they don't trade Urias or Seager, their two top prospects who will likely be in LA next year.  I like to win from within but unfortunately LA is one of those "win now" type of cities and many times they trade the future for the present. I don't think the team is good enough to win the pennant this year even with Price.  Cardinals and Pirates are much better and even the hated Giants are a better team.  Maybe with Price we can keep up with the Giants but the bullpen is horrible so I don't see us going any further.
Deal done

popcornhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 30, 2015, 12:13:15 pm
Cards robbed.

Moss for Kaminsky.

Yeah, I'm still punching myself in the throat on that one.

What the heck is Mo thinking!?! Dumb.
WPS